Number of Kills

Alt-N? I can't recall WC1 being speed-controlled like in SM2, WC2, etc.

I didn't even notice I had killed more Kilrathi than Retros in Privateer. Must have been all those Kilrathi killing sprees I had. Sorry, Mekt. :)

Nothing like roaming around in Kitty territory and raking in kills. One could easily do that for a day and just have fun. Too bad that your contribution never helped the war effort (officially).

ALT-N reduces frame rate and works in Kilrathi Saga. It can be used to slow spaceflight considerably. Should work in the original, SM1, SM2, WCII, SO1, & SO2.

Burdette said:
ALT-N reduces frame rate and works in Kilrathi Saga. It can be used to slow spaceflight considerably. Should work in the original, SM1, SM2, WCII, SO1, & SO2.

Sounds like a neat trick. Maybe I'll have to go back and try it while flying the 3rd Jotunheim mission in SM1. :D

Wedge009 said:
(...)
I didn't even notice I had killed more Kilrathi than Retros in Privateer. Must have been all those Kilrathi killing sprees I had. Sorry, Mekt. :)

Ah never mind, you blood-thirsty cat-hater! ;)

Actually, I just was really surprised. You must have gone out hunting them because I always had the impression that for every Kilrathi I encountered I met 5 Retros.

I used to love flying into kat space and looking for kamekhs. My fav part of WC is still blowing the shit out of capships...and we could always be hopefully that one privateer in gemini could tie down a large amount of kilrathi...life would be grand..

I think I only encountered a Kamekh once in Priv. That's somehow sad, 'cause they look cool. Next time, when I befriend them, I'll take a look around in the border systems, too bad there's isn't much there.

You have to run across at least one Kamekh in Priv. There's a scripted one in the exploratory missions.

::whine:: I still can't get DosBox to work on my computer; I wanna play Privateer again so bad!

Maybe that MyJEMM thing will get ported to XP one of these days.

I think I only encountered a Kamekh once in Priv. That's somehow sad, 'cause they look cool. Next time, when I befriend them, I'll take a look around in the border systems, too bad there's isn't much there.

Well, there's that secret hidden asteroid with all the weapons in it...;)

Yes, of course! How could I forget? And since the Kilrathi will be my friends at that time, they'll tell me the location and I will make billions on the weapon's market! Not to forget that I'll be certainly able to destroy all Steltek drone without having to deal with that other Steltek. It'll be wonderful.
Off I go! :)

I think I once had the bad fortune to run into a Kamekh on my second or third insys mission in Troy, at the beginning of the game. I remember being so shocked that I didn't even think to run. I just fought and died.

Mekt-Hakkikt said:
You must have gone out hunting them because I always had the impression that for every Kilrathi I encountered I met 5 Retros.
Yeah, that's what I meant by killing sprees. I couldn't stand the thought that my Kilrathi kills were fewer than my other kills.

On the other hand, I don't recall a Kamekh being scripted into the ES missions. I've only ever run into them in the Kilrathi systems.

One devoted human! :)

Concerning the Kamekh: I thought it might be scripted in the "Bring Monkhouse to Basra"-mission but no, it isn't.

They were pretty hard to run across sometimes, if there was nothing else I would blow up a few paradigms just for kicks...

Looking for a Kamekh? These are the nav points where they can spawn:

Blockade Point Alpha, Nav 1
Blockade Point Charlie, Nav 1
Blockage Point Tango, Navs 1 and 5
Hyades, Nav 1
Mah'Rahn, Nav 1
Ragnarok, Nav 1
Sumn-K'Pta, Navs 1 and 2
Tr'Pakh, Navs 1 and 2

The 'plot' Kamekh is Taryn Cross Mission C (survey Gamma System). It's second wave of plot generated Kilrathi at Nav Point 4.

Back