Next Game... the Mantu return?

It should be noted,as Loaf said, that the Mantu(well,according to WCP at least)are not realy an evil race,so chances are that if ConFed did make contact with them, it would be as allies, or at least mutual interstellar powers, and not as enemies.I wonder who this other race is.We also know that ConFed, the Kilrathi ,and the Mantu have to deal with the race mentioned in Action Stations as 10,000 light years into the core and incoming.We know that they are methodocally coming this way system by system so it is only a matter of time before they arrive.Then there are all the other countless thosands of threats in the Galaxy...ConFed has long hard road ahead of them.

yeah but when you fry each wormhole or take them over and basicly control them, your screwed, you cant fit too many cap ships through that can ya

Originally posted by Firebird
As for addons... how many people in here have experience in Programming and 2D/3D art? How many people LEGALLY own software to program and create nice 2D/3D art?

I know C++ and am starting to learn DirectX. I have Andre LaMothe's book "Tricks of the Windows: For Game Programming Gurus" and a Standard Edition Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler :D
I'm a C++ programmer, and I'm rather proficient in DirectX. What I can really recommend is learn COM as well, it gives you a little more insight in how DX is implemented.
I was a betatester of DX 7 and up btw. I got a free joystick because I was in the top 10 of (developer) testers that found the most bugs for both beta 1 and beta 2 of DirectX 8.

The standard edition compiler is no good for games, 'cause it doesn't optimise. The performance and size of the resulting code is much worse than that of the professional and enterprise edition compilers.

Too bad I'm way too busy to work on fanprojects...

I have to say (although I haven't been here in a while, been moving, so I have to catch up on all you guys talk about!) that any "super power" from the inner workings of the galaxy that could scare the Cats in their prime, and unnerve Confed now is a very scary thought indeed!

Not really. I'd just beat the shi*t out of them. I wouldn't get scared until I died. If they killed me, that would be scary.

Originally posted by Stormbird
Why should a new game always have to follow a future storyline?

Because the story is unfinished. We want to know what happens next!

But an early days game might be interesting, even some sort of minor conflicts, dealing with pirates and terrorists, on a small scale compared with the WC games. A lot of seperate little campaigns rather than one big interconnected one.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Sure, if you find all the wormholes first.

how many wormholes could a nephilim make if a nephilim would make holes.

(edit: idiotic spelling errors)

Where in WCP does it say anything refering to the Mantu?

I believe that when the Mantu return to find the Kilrathi done in by Confed, they will either be happy we did the job for them, or angry they didn't get to do it.

The TCS Midway Manual Waypoint! begins on page 18, paragraph 6 and ends on page 19, paragraph 4. There's a long explaination of the possibility of the Neph being the Mantu. In many respects, it rules out the Mantu as the attacking force.

Originally posted by Ghost

At least they build 2, WCP and SO

and who says they have the material to make another eh? EH??? i dont think it just take bug skin to make a portal

We do not know if the aliens mentioned in Action Stations can make wormholes, though.And where does this idea come from that the aliens mentioned in Action Stations are the Nephilim,because every bit of logical and fictonal evidence would suggest otherwise.

Originally posted by RATM

and who says they have the material to make another eh? EH??? i dont think it just take bug skin to make a portal

You must be an expert on Nepheliem economics if you know so well that they cant build another.

Hmmm. I guess in cases like this, you gotta plan for the worst. It might well be the case that the Nephilim burnt up a good proportion of their resources building two wormholes, but we can't afford to count on that.

Best, Raptor

A REAL interesting twist would be if in the next game, the Nephilim attack again, but not long after the Mantu invade and theres a massive three way war with Confed having to ally with the Kilrathi just to survive. The Mantu attack everybody. Make for some real intersting missions. You could come upon a battle between the the Nephilim and the Mantu and would have to decide which to attack.

Originally posted by RATM

I said: At least they build two
No: They can build millions of them !!! EEEEEHHHHHH!!!! :)

Back