Next Game... the Mantu return?

Firebird

Spaceman
Next Game... the Mantua return?

Now I may have slightly mispelled the name, but in the Books I know they refered to a race the Kilrathi had fought before the humans and they thought they may return, much stronger. Thrakath wanted some of the suprise fleet they used to attack Earth during the false treaty to survive in case they did return.

I think a Human/Kilratih alliance fighting them when they return would make an interesting new game series.

Any ideas?

Actually I think that would make a pretty cool game.....although it kinda sounds like a sorta prophecy ripoff in a sense.....maybe if it would be a war between the mantu and the kilrathi , where ya havta fly in kilarthi ships and sometimes captured confed fighters

i think that would be cool :) he he :)

Shooter's right!
I don't remember the alien's name, but the Nephilims are one part of that race that fought the Kilrathi long time ago...
the Kn'thrak prophecy is based right upon this!
however, something like Wing Commander Kilrathi legacy should be really really GREAT!

The race that challenged the Kilrathi long ago were the Star Gods.It is not known whether the Nephilim are the Star Gods.It was merely a theory which ConFed had proposed.Anyways,as the legend goes, all the races which the Kilrathi would encounter(including the Mantu)were merely preparing them for the final challenge of the Star Gods.Whether the Nephilim are the Star Gods and the final challenge or not, is not yet certain.

I remember helping out some cats a couple of times but thats hardly a military alliance set out to defeat the Nepheilem.

Hmmm a ship full of Kilrathi, confed piolts and just for fun Boared Worlders and thous bird (forgot name). The fur would fly then. :)
PS the Mantu can't be the bugs because they were parioniod exploares encoutured by the kilrathi and the bugs didn't come from are sector of space. (That we know)

Why would it be a rippof it would be the sequel to propechy the story continues, it be kinda weird if the jumped to the year 4000 all of a sudden

The Mantu are NOT the Nephilem. I remember in "Fleet Action" that Thrakath planned to have some of the secret fleet survive the assault on Earth IN CASE the Mantu returned.

I also have faint memories of them actually saying they estimated the Mantu were X amount of years away from returning. However, I have not been able to find an exact quote in the book yet.

Wow I started thumbing through "Fleet Action" and here is the quote I needed:

Just after the defeat at Vukar, a report had come in from a deep space remote probe, far beyond the edge of Hari space, a probe so far removed that it had taken a year to even bring it in. There was an indication that the Mantu, who had once before invaded Kilrathi space, had completed their war against an unknown neighbor and might very well return.

Seventy years past there had been a brief encounter with them, and though the fight had been a draw, it was suspected that the Mantu might in fact be far superior in their weapons technology. They had disapeared, drawing back to fight other foes, but it was alway suspected that there would come a day when the Mantu might turn their full attention on the Empire, a concern that deeply troubled Jukaga as he watched their resources being spilled against the humans.

:D

Why should a new game always have to follow a future storyline? But I do wonder whatever became of Maniac (sorry guys, I haven't started collecting or even reading the fiction yet... sacrilege, I know, but now I have a new puter and have to know for sure that all my WC games will wtill work with this new hardware... of course there's just one way to find out, hehehehe), of Eisen, did Blair really die, or is he going to do the same kind of trick James Tiberius Kirk played on the new crew of the Enterprise, what about space/time travel, why not a real Academy game like in the StarTrek series?
And I just saw what computer animations are gonna be like... OMG, you want a young Mark Hamill? Have him sign some legal papers and have him digitized!! So soon after the StarWars SpecialEdition series and during the second StarWars Trilogy, oh yes he would sell. You bet he would.

Well see the neat thing about continuing storylines is, if done right, they allow for new people to join in, but also have little tid bits in there which tease the veteran's imagination and answer questions.

I still doubt whether Blair lived...I mean the alien got him and he never got a shot off (from what we saw) and that alien appeared superior in physical stregnth.

As for addons... how many people in here have experience in Programming and 2D/3D art? How many people LEGALLY own software to program and create nice 2D/3D art?

I know C++ and am starting to learn DirectX. I have Andre LaMothe's book "Tricks of the Windows: For Game Programming Gurus" and a Standard Edition Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler :D

The WC:p pamphlet "Waypoint!" states very obviously that the Bugs are NOT the Mantu.

"I.. i know who they are.. i know how they think i know what they're doing here! they go from.. planet to planet, species to species, destroy them, kill everything, just vaporise all they see.... to get the natural resources.. then they jsut.. move on.. to the next" :D

Back