New Wing Commander Games?

It strikes me as odd too, since the Kilrathi are such a masculine driven society. They call their ships "Him" instead of "Her", their women have little place in society except (what I can remember) as wives, concubines or religion. But the fact unto it's self of the Kilrathi woman being in charge of Religion says it all, I suppose.

Now, is there just the single religion or several factions. God knows how many religions are on Earth alone...including that one that worships beer that hasn't been invented yet. ;)

The Kilrathi god wouldnt be beautiful in the way humans would expect but a representation of their values. A fierce strong, hunter who is worshipped for her killing ability not her beauty.

Originally posted by LeHah
It strikes me as odd too, since the Kilrathi are such a masculine driven society. They call their ships "Him" instead of "Her", their women have little place in society except (what I can remember) as wives, concubines or religion. But the fact unto it's self of the Kilrathi woman being in charge of Religion says it all, I suppose.

Here's an Earth analogy. In ancient Greece Athenian women didn't have much social or political influence yet the city's patron deity, Athena, was a goddess.

Originally posted by shdwcaster
Beer that HASN'T BEEN INVENTED YET!!!?????????

I was referencing the religion on Privateer 2 that worships Beer. :D

Originally posted by RATM
bugs are ugly, killie cats can be cute! i mean, it is a goddess we're talking about! :D

Only the Kats from the games though. The ones from the movie looked like giant chiwawas or something. They didn't fit that whole 'Kat' look and feel.

Siver is a dude...

As far as I can tell, Sivar isn't a chick. While I've found pretty convincing evidence to support the belief that Sivar is a male god, I've found, quite unsurprisingly, very little (read: none) evidence to support the female theory.

Speaking of Kilrathis

*JOKE*

Do you know who was the first cat to commit Zu´kara ?????

Tony the Tiger !!!!!!!

*RIMSHOT*

I know that all of you likes a good joke like the one above !!!!!

Thank you to all of you !!!!

Sivar is a goddess... this is mentioned in Fleet Action and the CCG.

There's also a historical prophet named Sivar, who formed the relgion... he's talked about in the ICIS manual.

But the *deity* is female.

Back