New Wing Commander Games?

LORDSIVAR

Spaceman
Any one have a clue to if Origin will be making any more of the Wing commander series????
They Droped out of site on this game after Secret ops and Prophcy gold came out

PS where can I get a copy of Armada and Academy???

The official line from Origin is that the company will be completely focused on Ultima for the foreseeable future.
Sucks don't it?

Hi Sivar! (Too bad no one notified you that Sivar is a female god...)

Origin was disolved a while ago and so were all other EA branches. They're concentrating on UO, like Shaggy said.

You can grab WC: Academy or Armada at Ebay.com or sometimes Half.com for fairly reasonable prices. :)

For Armada and Acadamy, you're probably best off poking around an auction site like eBay.

Don't expect any new official WC games in the forseeable future.

Originally posted by LeHah
(Too bad no one notified you that Sivar is a female god...)

Yeah, and Garfield is a Princess of Kilrah... :rolleyes:

[Sorry, just had to get that one off my chest ^_^]

[Edited by Bob McDob on 06-28-2001 at 21:55]

You can always spot the newbies because they always ask that question.

So, LordSivar, I charge thee! Spread the word to thy newbie bretheren!

Origin/EA are focusing on UO. They have halted development on ALL games for the time being. Some say that WC will never be picked up again, others say that of course it will be. Those who think it will happen agree, however, that it won't be any time soon. So the answer is no, but ask again in a year or so. Personally by then I'd wager heavily that the answer is still no, but after that I'd expect a bit of WC activity.

Originally posted by LeHah
Origin was disolved a while ago and so were all other EA branches. They're concentrating on UO, like Shaggy said.

You are on some fucking strong dope.

Origin has not been dissolved, nor have the other EA branches. This is why the new Diablo expansion is still listed as being made by Blizzard, this is why LOAF et al have been saying all along that Origin is still there but reduced in force.

Ah, yes. My apologies, I often mix Blizzard and Bullfrog.

To amend my previous statement.

This is why Bullfrog is still working on Theme Park World under their own name. This is why the Sims, Simville, etc., still have a Maxis logo. etc. I'm too tired to go on, I've had a long day.

Richard Garriot would like us to believe that Origin is dead.

But they're still an EA studio, they still have the Origin name and they still produce games.

Originally posted by TyeDyeBoy
You are on some fucking strong dope.

Uh...The possibility of...physical and mental collapse...is now very real...Uh, Buy the Ticket...Take the Ride...

::Ahem:: 'Cuse me.

Aye I did err. I shoulda been a tad more, um, detailed in that post that 3 or 4 people pounded on me for. Er...Time to go tell Bullfrog to stop making Roller Coaster games and to make another Syndicate game! :D

My friend and I actually just finished the first draft of a Syndicate script. Now, if I can only get to Spielberg's office in NYC...

Thanks all

Well actualy I am new to this chat area, but Not to the world of WC. I have been out of contact with all that has been going on with Origin and WC,Ever since Secret Ops finished was when I left.

So I figured I would ask and see whats up with the series. Cant blame a guy for trying to get back on track can ya?

And for one thing Sivar is not a Female. In WC1 SM2 They mention "To please our Sivar our GOD of war"
Besides I chose the name not because it had anything to do with WC, I just liked the sound of it.

Thanks again to you all for helping me get back on track

mentioned it before

God is not a gender specific term. Goddess is gender specific towards females though.

Re: mentioned it before

Of course, it's always doubtfull whether a supernatural being such as a God actually has a gender. As a being of infinite power, he/she/it can appear to worshipers in any form the God chooses.

Best, Raptor

Clouds appear on the horizon. I sense danger coming. This thread is threatened by incredible forces That Come in the night.

Sivar: This point has already been agued to death a mere month ago. LOAF says Sivar is female. End of story.

Back