New Standoff Scoreboards Rank Wingnuts Globally (January 8, 2006)

Thanks to both you guys, although I have absolutely no idea how it happened. I never got past Wave 5 in either bomber before or after that run; I made it to Wave 9 or 10 that time, mostly due to shooting down guided and unguided missiles. I remember getting five quick-kills in a row in the later rounds; between that and the "no-AB bonus", that amounts to most of the points.

Geez, Stern, how the heck did you get that Wraith score? Did you keep a quick-kill streak going between rounds or something? I was hoping to beat 10,000 someday...now you're close to 20k.

Darn...just noticed my Crossbow score for the Confed gauntlet's already been broken...didn't even last a day. Oh, well.

yeah.. to beat my wwraith score...

i get all quick kills till wave 12 or 13 *i do not renember*

and i killed wave 14 and 15

So.. i am near to the absolute max High score of the Wraith ^^

lets do some math ^^

15! * 50 = 6000 points *max without quick kills*

14 * 50 = 700
13 * 100 = 1300
12 * 150 = 1800
11 * 200 = 2200
10 * 250 = 2500
9 * 300 = 2700
8 * 350 = 2800
7 * 400 = 2800
6 * 450 = 2700
5 * 500 = 2500
4 * 550 = 2200
3 * 600 = 1800
2 * 650 = 1300
1 * 700 = 700 *that are all quick kill bonus you can get*

= 28000

total = 34000

and the wraith get the mali, so you can have only 75%

so 34000* 0,75 = 25500

that would be the max points of a wraith, but because the game take the mali by evry shott here are some roundingerrors, so the real total points are at 25000 or so

So i only missed 6000 points for the absolut hish score^^

But I think I have to buy a new Joystick. I wanted to get all the Hogh scores for Mission 1 but my Wingman makes problems when I fly left and that changed to right ;(

But what you say about the Corssbowrun. I had the Same with the Broadsword. It was just one lucky run ^^

P.S. I am not happy with my Wraith run. I wanted to beat the Wraith with the Epee. Now I have to get 20 000 Points with it. I think I will need a new Joystick to have a change in getting this Points ^^

Hmm, I get the impression we should've gone with the 50% penalty for the Wraith after all... oh well, too late for that now :p.

yeah you schould have^^

the wraith is simply the best ship. Fast, Firepower, and good shields.

No Problem to kill a hole Kilrathi fleet ^^

With 50% my wraithscore would only be 12750 and not 19053 ^^

Yeah... but on the other hand, I don't see anybody complaining that you can't get even 10,000 in a Crossbow. It would be pointless to penalise the Wraith too much for being the best ship... it's not the Wraith's fault that it's so damn great :p.

Phew, man I hate you sternenwind :p I thought you'd beat it but not by that much!

Ok gotta dig deep... oh who am I kidding.

I did make a chart in Open Office to show the max possible scores for each ship, need to make it show for each wave also and show how many chains of quick kills you could get.

Only way to beat scores now that they are all so high is to ignore all the ships and just hit em in the afterburners till they are almost dead. Then once you have em all limping finish them off as fast as possible. Times like this I miss the energy powered afterburners of privateer...

At least I still have to tarsus score :D

I wonder if it would be possible to carry a quick kill chain over to the next wave.... even if just for one more kill.

Would it be possible to have more then 15 waves? It might not seam fair to the old scores but maybe another mission instead, without quick kills where it'd just be how long you could survive.

yeah... the tarsus. I couln't fly this ship because i did not know that i have to fly with 800*600 to have a target display^^

And Sonic I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to have beat you by so much points *har har*

But you know, I don't tink that all the Hghscores are so High. The Epee, Ferret, Stilletto and other ships can easily make more Points.

But for the Wraith... like I said, I am neraly at the max Highscore, so you really have to damage the ships and make all quichk kills^^ I already had all till wave 12 or 13 ^^

And now I will try to find a shop to buy a new Joystik, I want a Saitek Cyborg EVO. Now all I have to do is find one.
I think I can make much more oints with a Joystick which do want I want. *my old one wasn't real good, not very precision*

@snic

more waves?

so you can spend a day with kill wave 100 or more^^

I think the com would't be abel to handel really big waves ^^ but some more waves would be nice indeed ^^

but not really fair I think^^

Well it wouldn't be fair so it'd have to be on another mission, I was thinking just like a set number like 10 ships a wave or maybe even 15, with a refill every 5 waves. I don't think many people would even get past 5 waves of 15 on 1 but it'd be fun. Unless it was 15 wraiths :eek: then... it wouldn't.

@Sternenwind

Take my advice here, don't buy that joystick, they all look real nice but the 3 I've got where all crap, they were unstable on an axis or just plain fell apart after a few weeks. Granted, when I played tachyon I was hard on joysticks but my one sidewinder lasted me 2 years, my second (sindwinder 2) lasted a few months but the second gen sidewinder 2s where way better and I still use it now.

Maybe ask around in the off-topic zone to see what people think. Or try a review site, I'd mention one here but am afraid to post anything here anymore.

BTW: You better get the max score while you can, first person to get it keeps #1 rank hehe.

Sonic TH said:
Maybe ask around in the off-topic zone to see what people think. Or try a review site, I'd mention one here but am afraid to post anything here anymore.
As long as it pertains to the topic (Like relevant reviews) and isnt blatant advertising of someones site or product or a warez site or some other questionable content you will be fine.

@sonic

too late it did buy it yesterday. I buied it, because a friend praised that thing. I played a littel yesterday and that thing has his pro and contra.
And I tried some other but i didn'really like them, or they were much to expensive.
It will take some time, but I think i will handel that thing well *even if it broke. In germany you have a 2 years guaranty, so there isn't a Problem here ^^*

i which i could have managed to install my old sidewinder precision pro, but I wasen't abel to.

Okay enough of this^^

@Liugi.
WHy not?

I mean, in a broadsword you have more firepower and more shields. If you fly it right, you can make more points in it.

Loke at the Scoreboard. The Broadsword and Crossbow have more points than the Ferret ^^

@Highscore
you are right, I should try to get the absolut Highscore but today I buid some old games for some money. I will train my skills at the new joystick, than i will get it^^

Sonic TH said:
Well it wouldn't be fair so it'd have to be on another mission, I was thinking just like a set number like 10 ships a wave or maybe even 15, with a refill every 5 waves. I don't think many people would even get past 5 waves of 15 on 1 but it'd be fun. Unless it was 15 wraiths :eek: then... it wouldn't.
Adding another gauntlet mission would mean removing another non-gauntlet mission. It's pointless - next thing you know, we'd end up with an amazingly diverse simulator containing ten different gauntlet missions :p.

"only" 15 waves ? :p

Would you high scores people agree if we'd add some next time ? Because I see no reason not to add some apart from the fact it might help someone beat your high scores (or kill him :p)

oh yeah that means i will have to fly the wraith more often

if you really add some more waves and wave 16 ony have 15 enemys or so, than i think the wraith will make much much much much more points.

I will fly the mission anyway if someone beat my highscore, so or so^^

We need other mission for the score bored, without chain killing.

How about an endurance mission:
Like the old WC1 Sim, time is running, you need to make a kill for extra time (the amount should be decide by the ship flying vs. enemy ship, for example Arrow vs. Broadsword would be much time). You could get for every 5 enemy a little bit of afterburner+decoys. A full reload would be after 2 Minutes the next after 4 Minutes, then 8...then 9, then 10 till every 15 min.
The amount of enemies at once is to be decided.

Another possible typ without timelimit.
Survive aslong as you can, but if you want new missle decoys and fuel, you need to kill the enemie (Problem: Wraith and Arrow are to fast and could be fly away indefintly).

That sounds kinda fun. Though I hate time limits but I think I could do that. One more idea then I'll just leave you guys alone:

It would sure be cool and wouldn't really hurt anyones scores if you could make your own loadout for the sim missions. I believe in WC4 you could have your own loadouts, (need to replay that). Anyway at least for the sim or maybe a few of the later plot missions it would be neat.

Icefire69 said:
We need other mission for the score bored, without chain killing.
We will be adding the scoring system to the other missions currently in the sim. I do not think we will be changing any of the missions, unless one of them turns out to be completely unworkable as a scoring mission (one possible example would be the "Q" ship mission, where I suspect all scores will be pretty much the same)... even then, however, I personally would vote against replacing such a mission, because we should currently be 100% focussed on campaign missions. This simulator scoreboard is neat, but it's already added a lot of work for us, while we should be trying to get the game finished. We simply can't keep redeveloping stuff into eternity.

Bear in mind, however, that now that the scoreboard has made its debut, we're more than happy to share the technology with other people - so you could, for example, make a mod that provides a set of ten sim missions for the Secret Ops ships.

Sonic TH said:
It would sure be cool and wouldn't really hurt anyones scores if you could make your own loadout for the sim missions. I believe in WC4 you could have your own loadouts, (need to replay that). Anyway at least for the sim or maybe a few of the later plot missions it would be neat.
That's not actually physically possible, however. WCP works like WC2, not like WC3/4... meaning, that when you choose a different loadout, you don't specify which missiles go where... instead, you choose a different ship file. Making your own loadouts in this system is impossible, and while I'm sure it would be possible to create some patch to do it, it's definitely not something we plan to research (have mercy, we can't do everything).

Choosing loadouts in plot missions is possible, but also won't happen. The reason being that implementing such choices would require as much work as implementing ship choices (because that would literally be what you're doing here)... and if we're gonna have ship choices, we'd rather offer the choice of a Rapier and a Sabre, instead of a Sabre and a Sabre.

Back