New Models Dump Thread!

BradMick

Vice Admiral
Aight, I mentioned i'd do it, but now I really will. Here's the new model dump thread, as I and Cyb get stuff done, it'll show up here. To kick things off, i'll post up my Drayman I recently began, only thing left is to finish her textures.

Oh, here be the list of all the ships as well by game...over the course of time all the ships will be remodeled up to the new graphical standard. Lots to do, if you want to help model/texture, lemme know. I can get you reference images and all that. I will say this though, if you decide you want to help out you will be required to stick strictly to the originals when you do your modeling and texturing. There will be no liberties taken, or the model will be requested to be fixed, and then re-submitted. Once a model has been cleared, then it will go into the game. We're shooting for the utmost in qaulity, we'd love the help, just keep those guidelines in mind and all will be well :)

WC1 Era

Confed Ships

Raptor
Rapier (YF44)
Scimitar
Hornet

Capital Ships

Bengal
Exeter
Venture
Drayman (Military)

Kilrathi Ships

Dralthi
Gratha
Hriss
Jalthi
Krant
Salthi

Capital Ships

Dorkir
Fralthi
Lumbari
Ralari
Snakier
Sivar
Star Post

WC 2 Era

Confed Ships

Sabre
Crossbow
Broadsword
Epee
Ferret
Morningstar
Rapier II(44H)
Wraith

Capital Ships

Clydesdale
Dreadnought
Free Trader
Gilgamesh
Waterloo
Stations
Candor Space Station
Starbase
Supply Depot

Kilrathi Ships

BloodFang
Drakhri
Grikath
Jalkehi
Jrathek
Sartha
Strakha

Capital Ships

Dorkathi - Textures, Modeling nearly finished?? - Cyberion
Fralthra
Kamekh
Ralatha
K'tithrak Mang
Supply Depot

Privateer Era

Confed Ships
Broadsword
Gladius
Stilletto
Talon
Paradigm

Kilrathi Ships

Gothri
Dralthi
Kamekh - Modeling In progress - Brad McKinstry

Civilian Ships

Demon
Centurion - Modeling complete, needs textures - Brad McKinstry
Tarsus - Modeling complete, needs textures - V2 modeling started - Brad McKinstry
Talon
Orion
Galaxy - Modeling complete, needs textures - Brad McKinstry
Drayman - Modeling complete, textures 70% complete - Brad McKinstry

WC 3 Era

Confed Ships

Arrow
Excalibur
Hellcat
Longbow
Thunderbolt

Capital Ships

Tallahassee
Destroyer (WC3) - Minor model fixes, Textures - Cyberion
Caernaven
Ranger
Transport
Supply Depot
Starbase

Kilrathi Ships

BloodFang (WC3)
Darket
Dralthi
Ekapshi
K'ha'haf
Paktahn
Sorthak
Strakha (WC3)
Vaktoth

Capital Ships

Bhantkara
Corvette
Fralthi II
Dreadnought
Heavy Destroyer
Light Destroyer
Scout Frigate
Transport
Starbase
Supply Depot

edit: okay.......no drayman, having problems connecting to the FTP. will try here in a bit.

Addendum:

Cockpits

Raptor
Rapier (YF44)
Scimitar
Hornet
Dralthi
Sabre
Crossbow
Broadsword
Epee
Ferret
Morningstar
Rapier II(44H)
Wraith
Arrow
Excalibur
Hellcat
Longbow
Thunderbolt
Centurion - Modeling started - Brad McKinstry
Tarsus - Modeling complete, needs textures and new UV map - - Brad McKinstry
Orion
Galaxy

Are you proposing we start from scratch on all these models, Brad? Cause, like Spirit mentioned, your Centurion, Galaxy, and Taursus models all look fantastic as is. Maybe we can mark those of the list or table them?

no no, the models that are marked on my list are done. the other models, they ALL need to be redone. the Cent, Galaxy, and Tarsus need new textures though. Also, the V2 versions, i'm adding landing gear and all that jazz to them. though, i agree, they're earmarked for later.

i would suggest to use "*" in order to mark the ships that need only retexturing.

so for example:

*Tarsus

ohh and do nto forget to mark those ships wicha re in work already and post the names of the modellers.

*Destroyer (wc3) (sheffield) - Cyberion
*Kilrathi Assault Shuttle - Cyberion
Dorkathi - Cyberion

[EDIT]: maybe me can make it sticky? and remove 3D models to do list thread.

[EDIT]2: also Brad didn't say it, but one of the main goals is not only to model good looking ships for WCU, but make them available to everyone, so they could be used in the fan projects. First of all such as WCU and Privateer Remake. The work is hard and there are alot of it, but after all it will turn out well ;)

Cyb

Well well, a little inspiration, you can do it a lot better i think hehe :)
wip10.jpg

I can't wait to see the results of your dreamteamwork, you know i've only created this centurion texture because the current remake one caused an eyecancer... ;) It may look similiar to the original texture but it isn't 100% accurately - i didn't had original artwork Brad! :D

ah, well....thats a really damn good job there john! i seriously thought it was the original. great work!

anotha' one. This is the Privateer Strakha (never made it in game). Modeling is done, not to texture her. She weighs in at 6,784 Tri's. The Drayman is at 5,896 tri's.

enjoy!

Attachments

• priv_strakha_render_01.jpg
    priv_strakha_render_01.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 319
I have a question on the models...do the weapons need to be modelled? I thought that the Vega Strike engine handled things similarly to Freelancer...the guns are separate models that are "attached' to the ship?

You can choose on a per-mount basis whether to use an attached weapon model or not. For something like the Strakha, you would choose not to use them, and just go with what's built into the model.

well time to showoff what i can do when i have motivation ;) Trying to prove myself and others my texturing and modeling skillzzzz ;)

here is my quote from another post, so i won't hve to write something similar for this thread:

Do not want to sound too selfish, but if you follow this link -> http://wcu.solsector.net/cyberion/renders
you will see the results of the work i've been doing and will scream from the possible orgasm (i hope ;)).

Those models are the first in this huge model list I and Brad (possibly someone else will join) have to model for WCU. Those models are examples of the results we expect from every modeler and every model. The goal is to create awesome looking models + textures for WCU and all community in general, so other people could use it in their mods, thus stimulating the possible fan-project boom.

shuttle04-1.jpg

rapier03-1.jpg

So Brad, add to the list for:

WC3/4 shuttle - completed. Cyberion
Rapier MK2 - modelling done, 60% texturing done. Cyberion

and i think i need finish that Dorkathi finally hehehe

the shuttle looks great cyb! the rapier however could do with some work.

> the main things are, the main wings angle downwards at about.....oh, just guessing 15 or so degrees.

> the hull doesn't have a hump in the rear, its an even grade from front to back.

> she needs her guns modeled. the early ships came with fixed weapons, so they should be modeled.

> the side winglet dealys are a little thicker, and rounded.

> the canards up front are rounded and not angular.

> the textures should mirror more their WC2 counterpart, i know they're cartoony, but we really should strive to keep the looks from all the games.

Again, the shuttle looks great, and with the fixes mentioned above the rapier will look every bit as good :)

Back