Never enough Scimitars!

Im sure that would be an improvement in ANY fighter. At least in Prophecy and SO you can ram something really fast and just let yourself bounce backwards.

Originally posted by Razer92
darn right the scim rocks, but it would rock even more if you could make the two top thrusters go in reverse.

I always figured the top engines were either afterburners (although they never fired in the game) or tubes for the Dumbfire missiles.

Originally posted by Razer92
darn right the scim rocks, but it would rock even more if you could make the two top thrusters go in reverse.
That might not work out too well, because those are not thrusters... they're acceleration absorbers. Actually, I guess that means that they already do what you want them to do, sorta :).

Originally posted by Supdon3
I dont know what the hell that is supposed to be or supposed to mean, cause the Scimitar rocks, but if someone actually laughed like that in my prescence, im pretty sure i would be terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
Eh... are you an expert in onomatopeic translations to real life? :)
If not, how can you know what it will reall sound like? ;)

I was just saying that it would be nice if those two things on top of the scim could do the same as the acdemy tv series but oh well

Originally posted by Quarto
Ahh, you just have no appreciation for a classic design.

Of course it's a classic design, it's oooooolllllllddddd! I'm sorry, but the Rapier was a far superior fighter: 90kps faster, more maneuverable, better shields, and better overall armament. I never really found the difference between 3,000 and 2,500 klicks to be much of a problem myself. In all fairness, though, the Scim did have a better missile armament. That's about it though.

Are you nuts??! The shields may have been decent but once those were down you may as well be using paper for armor. As for guns, lasers and neutron guns do not make good armorment. Lasers have great range but are useless on anything bigger than a Dralthi. And Nueturon guns have to be right up close and the refire rate sucks. THe Scim is bit like a tank, screw finess thats bull anyway, and the Mass Driver is the best gun IMHO you can have. The Rapier is a fancy plane while the Scimitar is a fighter killer.

I agree once thr Rapiers shields are down it's like your flying a hornet and besides I always liked rushing a dralthi and just smashing it with the Mass Drivers. The scim is better overall any way when it comes to guns and missles.

[Edited by Razer92 on 07-08-2001 at 17:01]

Originally posted by Supdon3
The Rapier is a fancy plane while the Scimitar is a fighter killer.

I couldn't agree more! Basically, the scim does a much better job than a Rapier when it comes to blowing stuff up :)
However, in a scim, you need to watch your back twice as much, because it isn't so agile and etc... this leads me to think that it's kind of natural for people to prefer Rapiers, and to think they are "safer" even though they have basically no armor...

--Eder

The Scim's guns are great but I just hated it when those Salthis ran away and I couldn't catch up. Especially against Bhurak this was annyoing...

yeah that was chicken of Burak and the cats talk about dying in battle with honor that cat was a wimp but the scim did do a great job when it cam to blowing stuff up.

[Edited by Razer92 on 07-08-2001 at 18:09]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Bhurak only turned away from combat because the battle bored him. *g*

Yes, Indeed. For that matter, the battle bored him soooo much he felt the need to use his afterburners on his way back home :p

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
Basically, the scim does a much better job than a Rapier when it comes to blowing stuff up
Disagree! Remember that mission when you fly against the captured Gwenhyvar? That bunch of Rapiers, even when flying a Raptor, could blow you to pieces in no time...
Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
It was lunch-time. <G>
LOL! Tell him to bring a snack-pack next time...
Oh wait, never mind, the only thing Bhurak will ever eat now is vacuum... :D

Originally posted by mpanty
LOL! Tell him to bring a snack-pack next time...
He did... but like the ejection seats in Confed fighters, the Kilrathi snack-pack is always the first thing to take damage :).

He should have put it in the black box then... :)

It's true though, that ejection systems are always the first to blow up... :(

Back