Never enough Scimitars!

Supdon3

Kal-El
How can LOAF say enough with the damn Scimitars?! For one, where exactly do we see so many? UE hasnt even come out yet. I havent seen any anywhere.

And as if there could be to many anyway.

those stupid scims! they are everywhere! I mean, they're so old they had them before the war, so just imagine with all the costs how much they built! they're cheap, half effective, slow, sluggish. meaning they wont cost much for maintenance and they'll do the job, hopefully. thats why we say theres too many damn scimitars in this world

hehehe

It is a rather old ship... my Confed Handbook is all the way upstairs, but the Rapier, which wasn't a young ship either, was slowly phasing out the Scim. It was at least 50 years old circa WC1, maybe more. They can be seen everywhere! The Confed Handbook, WC1... EVERYWHERE!

TC

I got my Confed Handbook right here and theres nothing on the Scimitar. So that leaves WC1 and.... False Colors and UE i guess.

bah, the mass drivers are what make the Scimitar such good fighters in my opinion. The neutron guns on the Rapier are nice for punch, they just use to much energy and have to short a range for me to like them.

I think Loaf's annoyed because UE keeps updating their scimitar mesh 20 times, instead of making anything new!

Well, not 20 times, but this was like the third or fourth Scim-related update we have had... sorry :). LOAF's point is very well taken - but since the mission programming is going very slowly these days, we gotta show whatever progress we can. This, of course, is the last Scim-related update - not only is it the best Scimitar there could ever be, but it's also bug-free.

And in case anybody was wondering, yes, we are working on things other than the Scimitar ;). In fact, the work on the Scimitar is quite important for other things. It allowed Thomas to solve a nasty problem that's been plaguing models converted to WCP since the dawn of time - disappearing polys. This is extremely important for KillerWave's work on converting the Dauntless into a proper capship. Hopefully, it won't be long now before we can show some screenshots of a real capship in action :).

Don't let Supdon fool you. The Scimm's a gun-heavy slug. Forget finesse...just head straight in, guns blaring. Give me a ship that takes skill... A Raptor, even a Hornet...or one of those new Rapiers... If half of what they say is true, the Rapier's a true artist's ship!

Nice Iceman quote, WildWeasel. ;)

The Scim's not a bad ship after all... it is slow... and its shields aren't really that good, but I'd rather be in a Scimitar than a Hornet when facing heavy opposition...
(obviously if I had to choose between the 4 WC1 fighters, the Raptor is my ultimate choice for all situations...)

Back