Never enough Scimitars!

lmao.

Yes, the raptor is the best fighter in the fleet if you ask me, pair of mass ans neutrons kills, and the heavy shields and armor keeps you safe for the evil killy kats! and its hella fast! 400kps. compared to the scims 360 (i think) plus, its got a porkypine mine, and everyone loves using porkupine mins :D

I like the rapier for the lasers not the neutrons btw

Originally posted by TC
It is a rather old ship... my Confed Handbook is all the way upstairs, but the Rapier, which wasn't a young ship either, was slowly phasing out the Scim. It was at least 50 years old circa WC1, maybe more. They can be seen everywhere! The Confed Handbook, WC1... EVERYWHERE!

TC

No TC the Rapier in the movie and thus the TCH was a different one than the one in WC1

The only good thing of the Scim. was the 2 mass cannon, she is slow and has not much maneuverability

Yeah that was a nice add, i liked the ship, until i went on a raptor, scim just looks ugly...

Well, for me, Scims aren't too useful against anything deadlier than a pair of Krants, but I just have to say that is the best freaking Scimitar model I've ever seen!

--Eder

they gotta be more usefull than that, remember the first strike mission in the McAullife(typo?) system? Where you have to take out a ralari destroyer? theres *more* than a pair of krants over there, plus theres a wing of dralthi's before you get there, it took me months to finish that mission, I finally said screw it, afterburners to full, shoot the frick with all guns turn around after burn out etc etc until it was red and i fired every single missile i had. and miraculously, Paladin survived, the AI is so stupid in the snes version your wingmen die quicker than the cats

Originally posted by RATM
McAullife(typo?)

McAuliffe...

But... are you talking about the SNES version? If yes, ok...
If not, and you played the PC version, well... sorry to say this, you must really really suck! :)

Hmmmm, I don't remember playing that particular mission, but, if I ever played it, I probably ejected :D

--Eder

hey after that it wasent that hard, i was 8 man! lol!

no i never played the PC version. SNES was a stipped down version of it. The game would be easier withought wingmen to worry about. Only iceman was half assed enough to do something, bossman wasent bad either.

How come nobody uses Scimms in 2681? :(:D

BTW, how expensive would they be as compared to a Hornet or Raptor? I have a fanfic where I outfit three squadrons with Scimitars...^_^

Well as long as you like the scim thats alright :D

Much more work is now going on, although things have been slow we have a new guy learning to make missions at the moment and a few things which will improve appearances/gameplay are in progress. I'm also once again looking into mission programming however I've also been contributing my time to a few non UE related WCDC projects.
Quartos doing a fantastic job getting the fiction ready guys so you just need to be patient for the missions and Hadrians CIC renderings becuase I'm hoping everything else should be sorted out in the next few weeks.

Hornets are amazing! they're pretty damn fast, and the shield cover is good, the armor isen't that great though, but those lasers shoot anything real far, real fast. I lovem!

hell, i love anything with lasers :D

think of it, just do a kickstop get behind them blast them all to hell, oyu know you can do it with a ship fast as a hornet, i bet it could take out gratha's fairly easy (been awhile, but i think you fight them in gateway) seeing how they totally own dralthis, krants seem always tougher to kill (a la SM1, where thats almost all you see)id rather fight grathas where i know i can tail em and go faster than them, then going against them krants.. to the point, hornet is good against fighters, any kind almost, but not cap ships (duh) 2 flack cannons and your dead probly.

But i cant stress enough how the hornet is very good, the lasers fire hella fast on it. and they got range, the rapier is all nice and good but its got crappier armor then the hornet, lose the shields and boom. sure, its got more missiles, but id love to fly another hornet.

Id like to know everyones opinion on every wc1 ship, this might be interesting

[Edited by RATM on 07-01-2001 at 21:33]

sure if you lose your sheilds in a Rapier your in trouble but the sheilds alone are better than sheilds AND armor on a Hornet. Plus lasers dont pack enough punch for me.

The Hornet is only good for recon (like the first and second mission of SM2).fast and agile but with 2 lasers and a HS, JAJAJA cannon fooder!!
I prefer the Raptor any day, with 2 mass cannon and the 2 neutron gun plus the missiles, the Tunderbolt VII is the spiritual son of the Raptor.

Thats an interesting idea. I wonder if its possible to outfit a Raptor with a torpedo like the Thunderbolt. There werent any torpedoes in WC1 so the opportunity wasnt presented. But that would be cool.

Back