Nephilim

Originally posted by KrisV
I'm fairly certain the follow-up update was never posted.
About the WCP 'interview'? I think it was... else how would we know about it? Or was it discussed here? I would have thought it'd make more sense to make the announcement in the news section.

Thank you for sharing that with us. If 10 years from now someone looks back on this thread, I'm sure they'll describe your contribution to the discussion as "vital."

Back on the topic of Mark Hamill, I'd like to see him play a dual role in the next WC game: Christopher Blair, and the evil ruler of the Nephilim, the Cock Knocker!

I'd like to see Mark Hamill in a mid-to-high budget movie. Christ, Malcolm McDowell is in "I-Spy" (It's probably terrible, but it's high profile)

Seeing as Mark Hamill is a "washed-up" actor (I love him, guys, but it's true), I wonder if they would cast him in the WC TV show? ...or will it be when taking place when Blair is a wee rookie. Maybe Tom Wilson too, considering Maniac and Biff Tannen were the only real roles I recall him ever playing.

Except he's not a washed up actor... he has insane amounts of work and probably costs quite a bit of money.

Originally posted by RiotAct218
Seeing as Mark Hamill is a "washed-up" actor (I love him, guys, but it's true), I wonder if they would cast him in the WC TV show? ...or will it be when taking place when Blair is a wee rookie. Maybe Tom Wilson too, considering Maniac and Biff Tannen were the only real roles I recall him ever playing.

1.) Hamill is still a costly actor. Ever notice that when he's on as a guest on the show, they promote it? This is to give ratings to said show so they can make the money back it cost him to appear.

Not to mention, look at all the episodes they did with him as the Joker on Batman: TAS. They probably got him contracted to do X amount of episodes to save money, instead of calling him back everytime for a "seperate" appearance.

And to think Tim Curry was going to voice the Joker!

Okay, okay, I'll rephrase what I said. Not washed-up, but not quite Blockbuster action star. Is that a little more fair? I think he's great, personally, and do see the plethora of guest appearances and voice-overs he does. But, do you think, might he be cast in the WC show? Sorry to cause any disruption by saying anything "bad" about Mark Hamill, I'll try to be nice :)

Originally posted by RiotAct218
But, do you think, might he be cast in the WC show?

If Mark Hamil appears in the WC TV show, then it will probably be in a cameo role only. There's a simple plot related reason for this. Mark Hamil is Blair, and he's a looking a little old. The show probably won't be set during the Nephilim era, as that's not really Chris Roberts's thing (btw, has Chris Roberts ever given any opinion on the Nephilim? Just curious), which means that any Blair appearences are going to require a younger Blair. While make-up can do a lot to make a person look older or younger, there's a reasonable limit to what can and can't be done, and putting Hamil in as Blair will only provide an older Blair.
And casting Hamil in an important role as anyone other than Blair would just annoy fans of the WC computer games (discounting VA roles, similar to the one he had in the movie).

Originally posted by junior
Mark Hamil is Blair, and he's a looking a little old. The show probably won't be set during the Nephilim era, as that's not really Chris Roberts's thing (btw, has Chris Roberts ever given any opinion on the Nephilim? Just curious), which means that any Blair appearences are going to require a younger Blair.

Perhaps they'll just cast someone else to play Blair and start it from the beginning of his service? Anything said about the series, in Sanski's immortal words, is "sterile conjecture".

Roberts said he played WC:p and that he liked it.

Oi, no snickering. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing - for the sake of consistency and all that. But I don't think he does TV stuff, anyway, does he?

Back