$$movie bucks$$$?

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
Anybody know - or know where to get - the current figures on how much money the WC movie has made to date including domestic and international theatrical release, as well as video and DVD sales and rentals ??? Just curious.

-AD.

Actually, that's an interesting question. I wonder if they managed to pull a profit, given that most (not all) have dissed it pretty badly.

Ouch! That's gotta hurt. No wonder WC seems to be dropping down the list of profitable franchises.

What are you talking about? The games always made a lot of money. Origin doesn't care if the movie did well or not.

Ofcourse origin cared if the movie sold well or not. I think someone who saw it, but never played the gamwe would think like "i'm not buying that game, the movie sucked !".

But i've never saw any promotion on the tv. It was never in the cinema's here. It only came out on vhs

Any bad publicity will always reflect on the original thing. In this case, bad publicity for the movie will only reflect badly on the sales of the next game, assuming there is one!

After all, theatrical releases attract MUCH more interest than a game release, a pc game at that! (shame really, since all consoles suck)

If sb. is really interested in buying the new game...he will look up the opinions about the last WC games. And he will find more positive ones than negative. So I don't really believe a new game would sell so bad...of course the movie was not good (what I heard about it..I cannot have my opinion, I never saw it) and so people who never heard anything about the former games , could think the game is also bad, but it mustn't be so. If they are interested in it and know there were former games produced, and if they
know how many it were...then they will see WC is
good (would they produce 5 games if even the first didn't sell well? I think that's no question)!

Yeah, but movies have a great influence on people. If somebody only knows the movie and not the earlier games I guess he will it find hard to see any similarities between the movie and WCP or the up-coming WC6 (it will!).

I hardly know the story of the movie...so I don't know, but you are right in that point: there will come a new WC...we don't know when but there'll be a new one!!! It has to come.
:D

Any bad PR wont help! I doubt tho EA/OSI would rely on the movie outcome in determining if a new WC game will ever come to light. But we all have to remember they went thru the Hollywood mumbo jumbo in WCIII thru WCP. That might put a little scare in them since were all used to the FMV. And I wouldnt doubt that most of us would want something similar in the new WC game to tell the story like previous WC games. The FMV during that time was new to the PC gamming world. Most other games use computer generated characters to tell the story. That may be their (EA/OSI) fear, that if they did put out a new WC game with computer generated characters, it would not hold well with the current WC fans or pull in any new fans. To me it wouldnt matter if the story was told by cartoon characters or real actors in real sets. Maybe EA/OSI can pick up on some of these fan made movies and do something along those lines with a new WC game. Better yet, maybe contract some of those fans that are making movies to help with creating that new WC game! There are always options!

RFBurns

Oh boy! Can you imagine what kind of WC game would be if they use computer generated characters instead of FVM ? The greatest one of all ! And by half the price! Or even less!
Surely is a option to OS/EA to consider. And don't start the "It wouldn't be the same" talk. I don't see any actors in WC1 and WC2.

Far less -- in fact, after SO Origin toyed with the idea of doing a CGI-character based WC game... they even sent some artists off to learn how to do character face animations.

No, but I wouldn't like WC without actors. Of course one without is better than none...but it wouldn't be the same! PC characters are unreal! You can say whatever you want the movies with real actors make it real!Ii played Freespace some days ago...I just compared it with WC and thought 'damn what's that?' I was not expecting computer characters and was surprised...and just said: There you know why you like WC!:)

I barely understood what you just said, but here's my two cents:

Ever since the initial novelty of FMV wore off on me about half way through Wc3, I wanted to go back to computer-generated characters. Traditionally animated, or 3D modeled. Either way. We could go back to the mold of Wc2. The flight engine, as far as I'm concerned, could be a heavilly modified version of the Prohpecy engine, which still looks great. If this kind of game were to be produced, people like you and I would eat it up with a spoon, and scream, THANK YOU, SIR! MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

So I don't think EA, even knowing that they could produce a cheap WC game, would want to release one, dude to the fact that nearly every member of the WC team is gone, and they're all focused on multiplayer games.

ACK! WHY WON'T THEY MAKE PRIVATEER ONLINE!

<Grumble grumble.> I'm going to stop talking before blood shoots out my nose.

Based on recent developments, it would appear that the MMP craze is reaching the 30 second mark of its 14th minute... <G>

Originally posted by Shooter
Did you ever saw "Rough Neck Chronicles" ?
Don't say that they don't kick ass...

http://www.roughneckchronicles.com

Hey, doesn't seem bad at all!! :)

I had already heard from a guy that the novel was amazing (and also learnt at the same time that the book was made before the movie), but this looks like the same type of fun as WCATV... :D

I wish they'd broadcast it more widely than just this "Sci-fi" channel...

Back