Most aggravating WC mission

Back to the topic, I don't find Kurasawa 2 that annoying for the simple reason that losing it doesn't end the game for you. Yeah, you get sentenced to rock hell in Rostov, but you've got Iceman on your wing and a Raptor strapped to you - and you're still flying.

The really annoying ones are the ones (for instance, the next-to-last flight of SM1) where you and one wingman are expected to fend off 15-20 fighters attacking your carrier. Lose, of course, and game over man, game over.

I think kursawa 2 is the most annoying just because we all want to win them all and because it can be such a pain in the ass, it drives us crazy...I've probably only beaten it 10 in 2,500 tries....exagration to some degree, but you get the point

I thought SM2 had some way too difficult missions, like where your flying a Hornet and have to kill 40 Jalthi or Gratha.

If you're refering to the mission at the beginning where you have to to recon on those 3 Fralthi then: you don't have to fight them, you're even supposed to run, that's why you have a Hornet and the Kilrathi the slowest ship of all. :)
But if you do it you get rewarded of course: promotion and/or medal

The problem with that mission is that Iceman almost always dies. And you *do* get chewed out for attacking.

Mekt-Hakkikt said:
If you're refering to the mission at the beginning where you have to to recon on those 3 Fralthi then: you don't have to fight them, you're even supposed to run, that's why you have a Hornet and the Kilrathi the slowest ship of all. :)
But if you do it you get rewarded of course: promotion and/or medal

You loose the mission however!

Really? That's not how I recall it. I remember that Halcyon chews you out a bit for disobeing orders and then you nevertheless a medal and/or promotion.
The missions counts as being a failure?

the games were made before the novels, or?

The games were made before the novels. (Well, WC1 was, anyway. The first novel, Freedom Flight, was released around the same time as WC2.)

Really? That's not how I recall it. I remember that Halcyon chews you out a bit for disobeing orders and then you nevertheless a medal and/or promotion.
The missions counts as being a failure?

I don't think there's any way for it to count as a failure - he just yells at you, but you still get 'victory' music and the proper number of medal/victory points assigned internally.

Ah, thought so. After all, destroying 3 Fralthi and their fighters and getting the camera data back can't be really a failure. :)

Hehe, the Kurasawa 2 mission. That one's legendary.

In WC2, there's one mission (Tesla?)that really pissed me off as far as I can remember. You're flying a Broadsword(solo) and you're sent to jump out-system and blow up a Ralari and a Supply Station. Because both these bitches cover each other with flak-fire, it's really a bitch to get those torps off...

The last mission of SO 1 isn't a walkthrough either.

In WC3, try to survive the 'drunk' mission (Loki?) after losing the Behemoth. I actually finished it on Crazy. Once. Don't go after the corvettes, though. :D

WC4: Tyr is actually simple once you know how to do it... Once you get at the new nav, launch an ImRec at the ground turret and afterburn out of it's reach. Then take down the Vindicator Aces asap and it's a cakewalk... Don't forget to take the pictures, though :cool:

On the Tyr recon mission, I always brought a rack of ImRecs, and one of Leeches. ImRecs for the turrets, Leeches for the aces. Take the aces out of the picture, and things get a lot easier, with only one mediocre pilot to deal with at each nav point (the two [?] Banshees in orbit are another matter, though).

I'd have to say the most annoying mission, for me, was the mission in WC4 where you enter the confed 'jamming nebula' thingy generated by that cloaked cap ship, which removes your shielding and messes with the radar. I swear, that mission annoyed the crap outta me. Took me several tries to pass, especially on the harder settings, and I generally found the Vindicator to be the ship of choice for that mission. (Blend of weapons and manueverability)

Sure woulda been an easier mission if your wingman knew how to avoid getting hit by big frikkin laser beams... :rolleyes:

Tempest said:
I'd have to say the most annoying mission, for me, was the mission in WC4 where you enter the confed 'jamming nebula' thingy generated by that cloaked cap ship, which removes your shielding and messes with the radar. I swear, that mission annoyed the crap outta me. Took me several tries to pass, especially on the harder settings, and I generally found the Vindicator to be the ship of choice for that mission. (Blend of weapons and manueverability)

Sure woulda been an easier mission if your wingman knew how to avoid getting hit by big frikkin laser beams... :rolleyes:

Don't fly that mission with Maniac :D . That mission's easy if you know how to do it. As you enter the Capship nav, immediately go in a tight afterburn to the uncloaking capship, press B to select all your Dumbfire slots acquire lock and give him dumbfire showers while you strafe right past it. BOOM! Kitty litter... :p

Piece of cake if you've got the skills :cool:

Back