More Map Progress

But not relative to its primary, though. The mass ratio of Titan to Saturn would be much less than that of the moon to Earth

Best, Raptor

Since we haven't really seen other solar systems with any amount of detail, I don't think there's any scientific evidence to support the 'moon is too big!' idea -- I think it comes from one of the Foundation novels <G>

But it's possible for Ella.

Anywho -- here's an even bigger map:

http://www.blacklance.org/loaf/averybigmapindeed.png

Just a pie under two megs, and it has the portion of the Hari sector detailed in Fleet Action (follow the Tarawa! Follow the Kilrathi carriers! Exciting!)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Just the opposite :) Blair was born on Nephele, lived for a while on Peron (Luyten System?) and then moved back to Nephele after his parents deaths.
Well, I don't know much about Blair's new Pilgrim history. I just went by the fact that Blair was originally the player's character, and the player is (usually) from Earth. Blair says as much in his cover story for SO when asked about where he's going for his R&R. Yes, I know that could be interpreted as Earth being his residence and not his birthplace.

Still, there's plenty more references to Earth rather than other colonised planets in WC1 and Claw Marks - and not just Earth, even specific countries. Of course, I understand that this is because the WCU was being written with each game at a time.

(Zany romantic notion: Wouldn't it have been great to have gotten a comment about how they were married in WCP?)
I think that would have been a great idea. Y'know, the old 'opposites attract' story. Very cute.

Change Border Zone to a pre-existing Kilrathi location.
This is understandibly difficult... don't know if you could solve this any better.

Change "G'wriss" to "G'wriss/Kr'azna"
Why two Kilrathi names? Or is G'wriss a 'Terranised' name like Hong Kong is to China?

Way too much stuff to look at in one go... any chance you'll chop the maps up into sectors later? Please?

Originally posted by Ghost
Yes, Foundation and Earth IIRC.

I thnk it was originally mentioned in Foundation's Edge. Along with a gas giant with unusally large rings. Need to reread those. Great books. Liked how in the end he tried to tie some things together. Was a bit of a stretch from time to time, but neat. I didn't like newer, non-Asimov one's delaing with Seldon. At least the first one. I need to read the other two, but hated the first one so much, never got the desire to read the rest of the trilogy.

The map looks really nice LOAF. What I am assuming is the route to the spot from Kilrah makes me think of one of Billy's maps from the Family Circus :) You just need to throw in some people washing their car and a dog to chase Billy up a tree :D

Why two Kilrathi names? Or is G'wriss a 'Terranised' name like Hong Kong is to China?

Goddamn Confed Handbook...:) VoW says Custer's Carnival was at K'razna, whereas the Confed Handbook says it was at G'wriss...

Way too much stuff to look at in one go... any chance you'll chop the maps up into sectors later? Please?

Yup, definately... after I can see more.

Well, I don't know much about Blair's new Pilgrim history. I just went by the fact that Blair was originally the player's character, and the player is (usually) from Earth. Blair says as much in his cover story for SO when asked about where he's going for his R&R. Yes, I know that could be interpreted as Earth being his residence and not his birthplace.

Nephele as Blair's homeworld comes from the Prophecy Guide, IIRC <G>

[sarcasm]What, two Wing Commander sources disagreeing about an event? Couldn't possibly happen [/sarcasm] :D

the SO fiction mentions Nephele as well, iirc. Everyone was trying to claim him as theirs.

Maybe Kr'azna is a Kilrathi name for a system in Vega sector (which would especially make sense if we assume that Krat'na sector = Vega sector). Given the overall tone of the VoW manual, I think it's safe to assume that if Confed had indeed launched an attack, even a failed one, on a colony in Kilrah Sector, the Kilrathi gov't would lie about it.

I could see the Kilrathi leaderships not wanting their subjects to think that the war was to the point where Confed was reaching the home sector. I recall in End Run, the Kilrathi tried very hard to keep the fact that a Confed carrier was in the Kilrah system a secret. Granted that is a differnet scale. A carrier in the Kilrah system is a lot worse than in the Kilrah sector, but I still could see them lying. Most governments do that to some degree or another, at least during the shooing, especially if the news is bad. They may correct it afterward to get history straight.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Whoops, I missed the implication of this - another eye 'procedure'?

If I remember right, LOAF did say something about yet another one, but now that i think about it, i thought you already had it loaf. Are you having another?

Today, November 8th, LOAF went under the knife again. I talked to him over IM last night about it. He seemed like his usual self and that situation wasn't nearly as dire as it was last time. I'm sure he'll be back to bashing/ignoring me in a week or so. :)

Back