Missions Questions

Thanks Quarto, yes, I tested the collsphr on many meshes and is true, sometimes work and sometimes not..., I can not know why while we have not a IFF "mesh" full decoder to view it inside, when the mesh is half/big size the wcpascal crash, or there are one and I don't know?
Have we an IFF mesh decoder?, this should be good...

Now about MESHES... :)

Now I take knowlodge about of Hardpoints, and I'm looking mesh structures.
I know the basic, points, faces, normals, etc; now in my advanced learnish I found collisions. If somebody can help on this of course...
Begining from basic, COLL form determine the collision :), now into COLL form we have sphere SPHR and EXTN follow by TREE form.
My first question is what determine each one?. I'm Reading tutorials but I not found what determine each one (SPHR and TREE)
I supose that the SPHR detrmine the ships collisions and the TREE the GUN/MISSILE collision, I see that the TREE is other basic polygon how the original mesh, this is true?
If I have a single square mesh and I want do it collidable, how I can determine the TREE (the SPHR is easy), because I see into TREE very forms BACK and FRNT, I supouse back and front :), but back and front of what?

Thanks! (and sorry "my english!")

In general, I have no idea about meshes :p. However, I do know that decoding them in WCPPas doesn't work too well... provided it doesn't crash, you will lose precision, because WCPPas rounds things off to two decimal points.

And yes, a collision tree is usually a simplified version of the original mesh. Anyway, that's about all I can tell you about meshes - I've never read the capship tutorials, and I don't ever intend to... I'd rather focus on everything else :p.

I don't understand collision trees either... I just know that HCl has made a DLL which builds collision trees from wcp meshes, and that's all I need to know. :p

As for decoding meshes, your best option is to use Thomas' plugin for 3D exploration... once you load a WCP model in 3D exploration, the chunks (fvrt, vert, face, etc) are stored in C:\, and Thomas' modelC application can read it from there.

I'll email it to you shortly. You need Thomas' ModelC application to use it, though (there's a "build tree" button in there).

Tango, I just sent you a PM about Standoff. I had to omit a few details because of the 1000 char limit, so email me if something doesn't work or you've got questions.

All right Quarto, I posted a few questions and notes into the private group, you prefer that I send you privates messages from here?

Members have MSN contact?

Thanks!

Ah!, Eder Thanks by the bsp.dll, now I'll test the collision tree!!!

No, the mailing list is fine - that way, when I don't have time to reply, somebody else hopefully will. As for other methods of communication, some team members use ICQ, and others use MSN. I use both, but then again I haven't used MSN in like two months :p.

Well now I have bsp.dll and I added it to modelc path.
I try generate the TREE from Make Tree Button,
First Rip a simple mesh, I found a simple rectangle MESH.
Now press make tree, select the IFF mesh and the process end ok but ... :(
I get the same result... the Form TREE is empty:
I'm supousing that this process generate c:\tree.iff all right?
Also I test with any mesh thinking in problems of original mesh
but I notice that MAKE TREE answer me for a file and any file
that I select I even get the some result.
Here is the generated file viewed from wcppas decoder IFF:

IFF "C:\tree.iff"
{
FORM "TREE"
{
}
FORM "REGN"
{
FORM "BLCK"
{
CHUNK "VERT"
{
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
long 0
}
CHUNK "INDX"
{
long -1
long -1
long -1
long -1
long -1
long -1
long -1
long -1
}
}
}
}

Some idea?, I forgot some step to contruct collision tree?

Thanks!

All the tree generator does is create C:\tree.iff - to use it, in the mesh script tab of ModelC, remove the //s from the three or four lines near the end which refer to the TREE chunk. Also, remove the last chunk (the one below tree... I don't remember what it's called) since you don't need that anymore.

Back