Medals and promotoins in wc1

Proves my point, donnit? I mean, if they had done things right, you wouldn't consider the eject option just an alternative way of getting to the 'replay mission' screen.

Was there a replay mission option in WC2, I don't remember there being one, but then again I haven't played the game in years, since I hate the kilrathi saga version

Speaking of realism, is is realistic to send out humans in a flying coffin with guns? Some people don't like the idea of being "killed" by an opponent, especially a simulated opponent...but I don't know anyone like that, do you?:)

Nobody likes to be "killed," but most soldiers are aware that they mat die every time they fight. So yes it can be real.

Point being if you can bail out of a WW1 biplane, theoretically, a ship built centuries later should at least give the pilot the option.

A bit late, but...

Well, they could have made it that you'll have to start the game from the top if you "die". That would make the eject option alot more useful, either eject and lose the mission, or do all the missions again.

Oh yeah, you can't get *all* the medals in the game: If you eject to get the Golden Sun, you'll lose one of the stars, and if you never eject, you on't get the Sun :p.

IIRC, you don't get medals for certin missions (I think it was said here too). Fact is, that in some of the times I played WC, I got a meadel either in a mission before, a mission after or in a particular mission (like when finishing a campaign), so you lose points for that mission and the points for your medal.

Oh, I was just commenting about something that was said in this thread ages ago (rather pointless of me, now that I think about it). To put it simple (and to try to force a drifft ;)), in some of the times I played the game, I got a bronze star in the seconed mission (along with my promotion to 1st LT) and in some I got it after the 3rd mission (while both the 2ed and 3rd's outcomes were the same in both times I played the game).

Sorry Hero, you're seeing things :). Promotions can come at any time, but medals are given for specific missions.

Call me stupid

I really do need to play WC agin. Ofcourse, you're right Q, what was I thinking? It's been way too long, and I indeed am starting to see things. Oh well, I'd excuse that one as "fools rush in" ;)

Originally posted by Death's Head
Speaking of realism, is is realistic to send out humans in a flying coffin with guns?

Flying coffin? I'd only apply that to something like the Nephilim's Ray (not Devil Ray). Now that thing was cannon fodder. :)

Let's not forget that Remoras are unmanned drones...

And while they die quickly, it's only logical that they're extremly cheap to build, and can be quite effective against slow targets with little to no defenses.

Back