Lucasfilm Half-Asses Original Trilogy DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the attraction to this one way or another. I have the DVDs with the added footage I don't really see it as being superior or inferior to the original movies (which I have on VHS). I have no inclination whatsoever to buy this new "original" dvd set whether or not it's brand new and shiny or if its just an old remastering. I already have the Star Wars DVDs, I don't need another set that's just a tiny bit different...

I don't know if I will buy the new set when it comes out, but I wouldn't mind seeing the films in their original versions for nostalgia purposes.

WHAT?
I got more pissed that the new box will have both versions than I was before. I already have the 2004 versions!
well, other than that, I think that both LeHah and Loaf have good points. I do think that LeHah should wait a bit longer to see what kind of transfer they will make, but he has reason to be wary about the new dvds

Anyway, what about the intermediate versions?

There was an article the other day I read... they asked how many copies of Star Wars do you own.

After all, you have the original VHS, some DVDs, the box sets, the prequel DVDs, the preqel box sets, special editions, etc...

And the question was then - how many times have you bought the same movie?

Worf said:
After all, you have the original VHS, some DVDs, the box sets, the prequel DVDs, the preqel box sets, special editions, etc

The DVDs are either the prequels or the 2004 Special Edition boxed set. Theres no offical variation (ie: prequel boxed set)

i do have the 1990's tapes and the original trilogy DVDs. I'm waiting for a prequel box, instead of buying the new movies apiece.

It's a shame... Lucas might at least try not to fuel our pessimism every now and then...

I'd wait for actual news; a shockingly poorly written "editorial" on a website isn't worth the paper it's not printed on.

Bandit LOAF said:
I'd wait for actual news; a shockingly poorly written "editorial" on a website isn't worth the paper it's not printed on.
As the person said themselves, another post said the opposite thing. I wouldn't be surprised if his theories changed again.

For those of you not in the know - they've released the cover art for these new DVD sets. While not perfect by any means, they're certainly better than the awful 2004 DVD covers. Click on the images for larger versions.

Bandit LOAF said:

Well checking the website again it states that the news is "absolutely true" and is no rumor. Having been confirmed by Lucasfilm or some such.

LOAF's point still holds... until the site cites something official (for instance, a press release from Lucasfilm), we have no way of being sure of the authenticity of it. Sad fact of the internet is that people lie or quote rumors as truth.

Yes, they do act like teenagers lording their secret contact information over their fans in the first paragraph... and then in the second go on to say that "by way of confirmation, Lucasfilm's Jim Ward had this to say about the transfers in the recent USA Today story". They read the same article as LeHah and are being *far more* obnoxious about it.

Mav23 said:
Well checking the website again it states that the news is "absolutely true" and is no rumor. Having been confirmed by Lucasfilm or some such.

That have nothing to do with Lehah's complaint about the "low quality" of the sound. Of course the release of the OT on DVD is true.

Delance said:
That have nothing to do with Lehah's complaint about the "low quality" of the sound. Of course the release of the OT on DVD is true.

Lehah's original complaint was about picture quality, not sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back