little help with a debate.

I'm surprised, Valor. Some might say the connection between WC and SW is over-done.

And Paladin didn't exactly mention the Force...

wongs not so bad, as the saying goes if you can't beat them with brillance, baffle them with bull shit.....

lot of the stuff on that site is very interesting to read but most of it is very opinion baised. Wong is a very intelligent man, but for his debating abilty he is very aggrisive and scares a lot of people new to debating away.

I have to admit that thread is the first time i've been in a direct debate with him and given his repuation was a little worryed how I would far but I thought I did well to maintain my stance of not argueing anything :p

Well here's some advice that I got from a picture on another message board. I'm trying to apply it to my internet chat's.....
The picture showed a mentally handicapped kid running on a track, it said, "Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.....even if you win, you're still retarded." Terrible I know...but it's the truth.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Well here's some advice that I got from a picture on another message board. I'm trying to apply it to my internet chat's.....
The picture showed a mentally handicapped kid running on a track, it said, "Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics.....even if you win, you're still retarded." Terrible I know...but it's the truth.

personally I believe that the be the view of small minded people, I have a friend whos hobby is metal dedecting, he spends his weekends romping around fields looking for pieces of metals 100s-1000s of years old. some say that is said.

I don't have that hobby and used to think it was pritty said, but last year we hosted a very large metal decting rally and raised over £10,000 for charity. in that weekend I talked to a lot of people and got to know them and that changed my view not only of that but any hobby I view as boring, in the end people enjoy those things who are we to say its sad and its stuiped. I spend 8 hours a day online some view that as said some on the forum would view it as the same but its what I enjoy and its either that or watching TV for the hours i'm online and I view both in the same light.

I take it this "Wong" character is one of these psycho-debating freaks, right? Too many Wongs in the world - I'm a Wong as well. :/

Originally posted by Wrath
personally I believe that the be the view of small minded people, I have a friend whos hobby is metal dedecting, he spends his weekends romping around fields looking for pieces of metals 100s-1000s of years old. some say that is said.

I don't have that hobby and used to think it was pritty said, but last year we hosted a very large metal decting rally and raised over £10,000 for charity. in that weekend I talked to a lot of people and got to know them and that changed my view not only of that but any hobby I view as boring, in the end people enjoy those things who are we to say its sad and its stuiped. I spend 8 hours a day online some view that as said some on the forum would view it as the same but its what I enjoy and its either that or watching TV for the hours i'm online and I view both in the same light.

I'm not trying to say anyone's stupid. I'm just saying that the line should be drawn somewhere.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I'm surprised, Valor. Some might say the connection between WC and SW is over-done.

And Paladin didn't exactly mention the Force...
Yes i know it surprises even me that I didnt see the similarities.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
I'm not trying to say anyone's stupid. I'm just saying that the line should be drawn somewhere.

who are we to say a line should be drawn, they enjoy what they do. till they start mass protests out side paramount there just harmless little geeks :p

Originally posted by Delance
The solution might be to outsmart them. The more insane, the better. Paradoxes are welcome. Since, on the WC universe, Star Wars is just a movie and the Behemoth is real, of course it’s more powerful. We know this snice Maniac recognizes Blair as someone who looked like Mark Hammil, an actor who played Luke Skywalker on Star Wars. Maniac doesn’t know he is Mark Hammil, because he’s a fictional character. So, for the WC universe, WC is real and SW is fictional. We can’t know if WC will be real or not on SW, but we surely know SW is fiction on WC, so, this must be the truth, since a real universe can’t be a fictional one of the fictional one, and the fictional one can’t be real while it’s fictional and not real, and vice versa. Then you’ll melt their brains and end the debate.

Well Maniac called Blair "boy from starwars" only in the blueprints ,it didnt actually happened in the game/real univerese...but you got a very good point there :D

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Well Maniac called Blair "boy from starwars" only in the blueprints ,it didnt actually happened in the game/real univerese...but you got a very good point there :D

I seriously doubt that was in the *script*.

Hmm, I really didn't want any of my first threads being about anything remotely related to SpaceBattles, but I felt this merited discussion.

Originally posted by Darth Wong
That footage is fucked up. There's no debris at all; nothing left behind, nothing hurled outward by the blast, just plain NOTHING. We're not talking about a small rock here; this is supposedly an entire PLANET, and that much mass would produce effects.

Not only that, but the planet stays basically unchanged throughout most of the impact, suddenly flaring up and disappearing at the end. Very difficult to produce anything resembling a physical analysis of that sequence, since it doesn't make any sense as shown. It looks almost like a Trek-style magic disappearing act.

That's okay, apparently Mark kept playing with imaginary lightsabres and Tom kept trying to shut him up. Or something like that...

Back