little help with a debate.

Ah, the sad ghosts of SpaceBattles. :)

An honest man will never win such a debate -- because the people you're arguing with will always be fanatical idiots. Impress the observers by being right instead of being fanatical. The Behemoth will not ever outpower whatever fantastic fanboy number they've invented for the Death Star.

Anyway -- you won't get any help from the video sequence -- it doesn't show the effect on the planet. The WC3 novel also mentions that the Behemoth is only *certainly* effective on techtonically unstable planets. A number is readily stated in the WC canon, though (unlike, say, Star Wars...) -- the Behemoth's power output is 500,000,000 gigawatts. (Which, I *believe* is 5e17J in their scheme of things...).

I honestly couldn't remeber the what the video sequence showed which is why I was looking to see it before I dived into the debeta head first.

the only reason I post there is some of the star trek dicussions are interesting and there are a few threads which pop up about Dune which are also pritty interesting.

It blows up a grand total of one planet, and then a wing of bombers smacks it out of space like the poorly designed rust bucket it was. Same thing happened to both the Death Stars too, so I guess it's a sci-fi rule that all ships with super cannons be entirely at the mercy of tiny fighters.

You could look at it this way too, first of all you have LOAF's number of energy output. Second of all, the Death Star is as big as a small planet/large moon. We don't have any specific numbers on the size of the behemoth, but I'm willing to bet it's at least a magnitude smaller. Same or comparable power in something 10 times as small and infinitely more manueverable? You make the call.

C-ya

MHwhahaha... This debate is one of the funniest links recently posted on this forum. Thanks! :)

Don't mind those people. You might try to say that Star Wars is a fantasy universe where ability to destroy a planet is nothing compared with the power of the force.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
An honest man will never win such a debate -- because the people you're arguing with will always be fanatical idiots.

Ahh...yeah, that is why Lehah always win!

Originally posted by Delance
Don't mind those people. You might try to say that Star Wars is a fantasy universe where ability to destroy a planet is nothing compared with the power of the force.

Never speak I'll of the power of the farce again! I mean, force. ;)

Originally posted by Viper61
...the Death Star is as big as a small planet/large moon.
Not really. The original is 120 km in diameter, the second, 160 km. That link posted in the Starship Scale thread gives a nice comparison with Earth's moon.

What heresy is this? There are no WC ships (that I can see). Does someone have a good cache of highres images of WC to rectify this?

Originally posted by Wedge009
Not really. The original is 120 km in diameter, the second, 160 km. . .
Well, I was right on one point. The Death Star is at least 1 magnitude larger than the Behemoth :) ! Almost as much power in a tenth the size? I'll take it.

C-ya

Originally posted by Chernikov
What heresy is this? There are no WC ships (that I can see). Does someone have a good cache of highres images of WC to rectify this?

We need our resident fanartists to do their jobs, and no one has yet to send the site images or data., as it has been said earlier.

Cool site none the less.

The great thing about these debates is that if you present facts instead of trying to say your side is magical-fantastical and can whoop everyone else, you get labelled by both sides as a fanatic instead of just one... hurrah!

It's a stupid thing. Those fantastic sci-fi tech aren't even compatible, or comparable, to begin with. A good part couldn't even exist in the first place.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Anyway -- you won't get any help from the video sequence -- it doesn't show the effect on the planet.

Sure it does... when the blast fades, it's pretty clear that the planet's good and smashed into teeny tiny little pieces...

Originally posted by Meson
We need our resident fanartists to do their jobs, and no one has yet to send the site images or data., as it has been said earlier.

Cool site none the less.

I think its funny how they have kept trying to get me to prove my claims about super strength WC shield and amour when I never made any claims, ho well......

Back