Let's get this straight

Sabre

Spaceman
Okay, let's all get straight about the many Concordias.

1: Concordia from Action Stations: Scrapped after the battle of McAuliffe? or was it refitted?(I can't remember)

2: Concordia supercruiser: 2641-2659? Went to the boneyard after that?

3: Concordia, Confederation Dreadnought: 2665-? Was this the Concordia from Fleet Action?

4: Concordia-class Fleet Carrier(s) Was this the Concordia that was destroyed in the Vespus Sea, or was the the Dreadnought?

The dreadnaught, I believe, was found on the shores of Vespus. The one from Action Stations I was pretty sure was scrapped or utterly oblitterated. The one from Fleet Actions was the one found on Vespus.

I think I can answer to 3) and 4): Yes, that's the Concordia from Fleet Action, the one Tolwyn is on, IIRC.

4) The confederation-class dreanought got destroyed at Vespus.

okay. now, had the Concordia-class fleet carriers come out while the Confederation Concordia was still around?

From what I understand, the Concordia-Class Fleet Carriers were in service for a long time, pre-war.

The ship from AS, I beleive, is a Concordia-Class Fleet Carrier.

The Confederation-Class Concordia was fairly new around WC2.

The Concordia Supercruisers I assume were retired towards the beginning of the war.

I thought that the Concordia Fleet Carriers were named after the Confederation Dreadnought that was downed on Vespus.

Concordia seems to be a common name for Confed ships.

"Tradition, how the Navy loves tradition..." Hunter's brain, Fleet Action.

wait a sec how can you say that the concordia class super cruisers were being retired at the beggining of the war when one was a flagship twenty years into it

Simple. Concordia was retired befoire the war, thus clearing the name for Concordia. But when Concordia was destroyed at McAuliffe, Concordia was put back into service. Sometime mid-war, say 2661, Concordia went down, and the Confederation dreadnought was renamed Concordia, in honor of Concordia. Or something like that...

We know of three Concordia's.

THe first chronologically was the Concordia class fleet carrier (like the Lexington and Princeton from WC4) in Action Stations. It was so heavily damaged during the Battle of McAulliffe that it had to be abandoned outside of the McAuliffe system.

The second is the Concordia class supercruiser seen in the WC movie. Not a carrier, it was a command ship, and, well a super cruiser. We dont know what happened to it but whatever it was, it happened before 2661.

The third and so far final Concordia was the Confederation Class dreadnaught from WC2, End Run, Fleet Action and was destroyed around Vespus, crashing into one of its seas. This was a dreadnaught because it could A) carry 120 fighters and B) destroy capital ships with one shot from its Phase Transit Cannon that made up the keel of the ship.

And her forward pylons became an essential element of every Confed carrier from WCIII onwards. :)

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Concordia seems to be a common name for Confed ships.

"Tradition, how the Navy loves tradition..." Hunter's brain, Fleet Action.

The British do that their carriers as well. IIRC, there have been at least three carriers named the Ark Royal, including a WW2 ship, a post war full size carrier, and a modern V/STOL carrier.

Best, Raptor

Regardless of the movie, three Concordias must exist -- since the WC2 section of the Kilrathi Saga manual references a Concordia existing in 2658... which would be after the Concordia class carrier in Action Stations and before the Confederation class dreandought in WC2.

Originally posted by Dak
5 of them according to my father, who served on one.

Well, three that were carriers in this century. There *were* five altogether, but the other two are pretty ancient.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
anyway all conocidias RULES!!!! but if you askme wish one li like best, es the WC2 Concordia, the 1st one I met

gotta love that PTC :D zap, your dead :)

Ahhh, a thread about Concordias, my favorite :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Regardless of the movie, three Concordias must exist -- since the WC2 section of the Kilrathi Saga manual references a Concordia existing in 2658... which would be after the Concordia class carrier in Action Stations and before the Confederation class dreandought in WC2.

Is this based on the fact that the Confederation class was built around the phase transit cannon, and therefore could not have been built so soon after the destruction of the sivar dreadnaught? Just wondering.

And Bob, the forward pylons probably existed for a long time. The victory had them, and she's from before the war. Also, the concordia class carriers(lexington, princeton, and concordia from AS) had them as well.

[Edited by Terrorizer on 07-20-2001 at 01:23]

Back