Let's get this straight

Since Wing Commander is [very] obviously(sp?) based around the Navies and governments of our time, then the Secretary of the Navy would name that ships. There is something on http://www.navy.mil about it, I think. Like all Carriers are named after Presidents or people who have contributed to that Navy.

Originally posted by Sabre
Okay, let's all get straight about the many Concordias.

1: Concordia from Action Stations: Scrapped after the battle of McAuliffe? or was it refitted?(I can't remember)

2: Concordia supercruiser: 2641-2659? Went to the boneyard after that?

3: Concordia, Confederation Dreadnought: 2665-? Was this the Concordia from Fleet Action?

4: Concordia-class Fleet Carrier(s) Was this the Concordia that was destroyed in the Vespus Sea, or was the the Dreadnought?

1: Abandoned and scuttled, presumably by the surviving battleship.

2: Destroyed around 2654-56

3: Built in 2656, NOT the ship from Fleet Action. Destroyed in 2669.

4: My theory: The Concordia destroyed in Fleet Action was the nameship of the Concordia-class CVs. It was designed and built as a slightly enlarged repeat of the previous Ranger-class light carrier as a cost-saving measure by the prewar government, and continued after the beginning of the war (there have to be at least six Concordias built to account for the Concordia herself, Lexington (CV-44), Princeton (CV-48) and CVs 45, 46 and 47, whose names we don't directly know). As far as I can tell, the Concordia class directly preceded the Bengal class in production.

[Edited by Iceberg on 07-20-2001 at 16:33]

Originally posted by Iceberg

1: Abandoned and scuttled, presumably by the surviving battleship.

2: Destroyed around 2654-56

3: Built in 2656, NOT the ship from Fleet Action. Destroyed in 2669.

4: My theory: The Concordia destroyed in Fleet Action was the nameship of the Concordia-class CVs. It was designed and built as a slightly enlarged repeat of the previous Ranger-class light carrier as a cost-saving measure by the prewar government, and continued after the beginning of the war (there have to be at least six Concordias built to account for the Concordia herself, Lexington (CV-44), Princeton (CV-48) and CVs 45, 46 and 47, whose names we don't directly know). As far as I can tell, the Concordia class directly preceded the Bengal class in production.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 07-20-2001 at 17:04]

This is as many Concordia carriers that I could dig up:

1.Ark Royal
2.Armageddon
3.Bradshaw
4.Concordia (Action Stations)
5.Euralius
6.Freedom
7.Hermes
8.Invincible
9.Kalamazoo
10.Kennedy
11.Kinney
12.Kirsk
13.Lexington (CV-44)
14.Leyte Gulf
15.Liberty
16.Lincoln
17.Moskva
18.Petrov
19.Princeton
20.Rigaria
21.Saratoga
22.Verdun
23.Viking
24.Viper
25.Washington
26.Winterrowd

[Edited by Sabre on 07-20-2001 at 17:16]

that is wrong supdon: 1. one destroyed in AS namesake of the Concordia Class. (concordia class fleet carrier)
2. The one from the movie destroyed or decomisioned sometime between 2654 and 2665. (concordia class supercruiser)
3. The one from WC2 and ER and FA destroyed in opening scene of WC3 (confederation dreadnought)
4. the concordia was not destroyed in fleet action where did you get that from?

Originally posted by Sabre
This is as many Concordia carriers that I could dig up:

1.Ark Royal
2.Armageddon
3.Bradshaw
4.Concordia (Action Stations)
5.Euralius
6.Freedom
7.Hermes
8.Invincible
9.Kalamazoo
10.Kennedy
11.Kinney
12.Kirsk
13.Lexington (CV-44)
14.Leyte Gulf
15.Liberty
16.Lincoln
17.Moskva
18.Petrov
19.Princeton
20.Rigaria
21.Saratoga
22.Verdun
23.Viking
24.Viper
25.Washington
26.Winterrowd

[Edited by Sabre on 07-20-2001 at 17:16]
Hey LOAF, if you can verify these names, WC:I could use them :)

Originally posted by Napoleon
that is wrong supdon: 1. one destroyed in AS namesake of the Concordia Class. (concordia class fleet carrier)
2. The one from the movie destroyed or decomisioned sometime between 2654 and 2665. (concordia class supercruiser)
3. The one from WC2 and ER and FA destroyed in opening scene of WC3 (confederation dreadnought)
4. the concordia was not destroyed in fleet action where did you get that from?

1. The TCS Concordia, the namesake for the Concordia class was destroyed in Action Stations. It was so badly wounded at the battle of McAuliffe that it had to be abandoned.

2. Exactly where do you get the information about the supercruiser? It could have been destroyed or retired at any point before 2661 when the Confederation class TCS Concordia was completed

3. Yes i know, thats what i siad

4. I didnt say that, iceberg did. It was destroyed shortly after Fleet Action right before the opening movie of WC3 like you said.

Edit- Hmmm, i dont know what happened but all my replys to Iceberg's reply were not posted on the page. I dont know why

[Edited by Supdon3 on 07-20-2001 at 17:55]

Its simple people, and just so we know where i stand, this is what i posted at the beginning of the thread.

Originally posted by Supdon3
We know of three Concordia's.

Te first chronologically was the Concordia class fleet carrier (like the Lexington and Princeton from WC4) in Action Stations. It was so heavily damaged during the Battle of McAuliffe at the beginning of the war that it had to be abandoned outside of the McAuliffe system.

The second is the Concordia class supercruiser seen in the WC movie. Not a carrier, it was a command ship, and, well a super cruiser. We dont know what happened to it but whatever it was, it happened before 2661.

The third and so far final Concordia was the Confederation Class dreadnaught from WC2, End Run, Fleet Action and was destroyed around Vespus, crashing into one of its seas (Right before the opening of WC3). This was a dreadnaught because it could A) carry 120 fighters and B) destroy capital ships with one shot from its Phase Transit Cannon that made up the keel of the ship.

There are *three* Concordias -- no more.

1. CONCORDIA CLASS FLEET CARRIER: The TCS Concordia in Action Stations was the nameship for the Concordia class carriers seen in Wing Commander IV. The Concordia class is Confed's 'standard' fleet carrier -- and is significantly newer than the Bengal class ships (2634 versus 2619). Destroyed during the fighting at McAuliffe. Part of the 7th Fleet.

2. CONCORDIA CLASS SUPERCRUISER: The 'movie' Concordia, also referenced in the WC2 KS manual. 2646(?)-2656(?). Confed flagship.

3. CONFEDERATION CLASS DREADNOUGHT (CVS-65): The WC2/End Run/Fleet Action/Armada/WC3 Concordia, flagship of the 14th Fleet. 2661-2669.

LOAF, I was wondering how you found out the carriers mentioned in Victory Streak, The Wing Commander Acadamy Manual, and Fleet Action were Concordia Class Carriers. Are these just assumptions? There could be other classes of fleet carriers we don't know about.

Twas part of my instructions when the original shiplist was requested (by Captain Johnny for SO)... that all 'unidentified' carriers be made 'generic' Concordia class ships.

Originally posted by LeHah
I like "Gooooooooooooooo Ghost!" myself. Sounds like cheesy 80s Sunday morning cartoon stuff.

Go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer GOOOOOOOO :)

Back