Let me get this straight...

I gess that Privateer II The Darkening neans keeping the players in the dark of things.
P2 TD must been the most controvesial WC game ever made, since we are still talking about it in here despite the game being older that WC P.

Not that, its more that new people that cames here (like me) still thinks that P2 TD is not on the WC U.
We dont hear much about WC I, II, III or IV.

Why I am wrong?
Most of things in here of late is either about SO, Tolwyn, P2, the Dragon and a lot of the new posts are about P2 or manage to be about it.

So Privateer II The Darkening is contreversal.
And I can understand that, we were especting something in the lines of Privateer and we got that.
And if the Privateer II have been made and released, people would not be like that, would they?

I dont belive my eyes, a Kilrathi saga just made $510.00 US dollars in E-Bay.
And its still going.

[Edited by Dragon on 02-16-2001 at 22:34]

Damn, if I ever find a KS I am going to buy it and sell it on E-Bay, after that I am going to buy EA.
Maybe I can sell it a billion or something like that, of course that particular KS is in neat condition and its started at 200$, but still.....

Yea if I had been able to buy like 20 back a few years ago, and sold all but a copy for myself now, I would be a rich man

Originally posted by Dragon
I dont belive my eyes, a Kilrathi saga just made $510.00 US dollars in E-Bay.
Is this for an unopened copy? If not, has anyone seen what an opened, but complete, copy goes for?

Its still there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1213821344

Its say:

This is the complete box set of Origin's Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga designed for use on a Pentium-based system running Windows 95/98. It does include the software patch for Wing Commander IV. This set includes Wing Commander I, Wing Commander II and Wing Commander III on silver discs with the Kilrathi pilot image on it. These are the speed-tuned versions of the games that will run without problems on modern machines. The discs come in the jewel cases with Limited Special case backs for the discs. When you place all five discs next to one another, one edge shows the box cover and the other side displays the title. Included in the box set are the five(5) discs, Flight Guide, Installation Guide, Calendar, Registration Card (never filled out), Reference Card (with keys), and 1997 EA Catalog.

Except for Disc 1, which has a few nicks (nothing serious), all the other discs are as close to perfect as you will find. The box is in decent, not great shape since it has a tear near the corner of the top side that extends about 4 inches up the seam of the box. All of the pictures and words on the box are readable though, and it looks good and is still sturdy, it is really not too worn at all.

This set went out of print after a limited run, and good luck finding it in the future, since it becomes rarer and rarer every day. Bid now, and you can own this sadly undersold piece of PC gaming history.

The reserve is $200. I am confident that there will be no problem reaching that plateau.

Shipping will be $8 insured to USA.

I accept Paypal, check, or money order. Checks will most likely delay shipping.

Thanks for bidding!

Originally posted by Nemesis
I did take your use of words like “thread” and “thin” to be quantitative and qualitative, instead of only the former. No question, Origin tells us next to nothing about the Tri-System relative to the Terran Confederation.
Of course, my use of these words were only my opinion as earlier posts seem to prove that Origin added enough references in P2 to WCU systems/ships/organizations to make P2's WCU claim marginally defensible. And, as you said, Origin was under no obligation to link the Tri-System to Confed. Still, I don't understand your use of canon. I interpret canon to be rules or perceptions that are largely inviolate. By saying "psuedo" aren't you contradicting the word's meaning?

[Edited by Marcml30 on 02-17-2001 at 00:04]

Originally posted by Nemesis

Just curious. Why do you think that the Tri-System is in Confed space? [/B]

It has the hints that it is a part of Confed space with the entries in the "Booth" database. Cargo vessels and private vessels licensed to travel within non restricted Confed space would make one think that it is a part of Confed.

RFBurns.

"I shall mount your bones in my hull!" [Kilrathi, Privateer/RF]

[Edited by RFBurns on 02-17-2001 at 09:20]

It seems obvious that when those licenses refer to the Confederation, they actually mean Tri-System. However, even if this wasn't the case, notice that you didn't need any licenses in Priv. Logically, those are the sort of things foreigners require. Thus, whatever they are referring to, those Confed references prove that the Tri-System does not belong to Confed.

That's correct -- and further supported by the fact that the database either mentions nothing about a license, mentions a liscence restricting something to a single portion of the Tri-System or mentions being able to travel in Confederation space.

Back