Let me get this straight...

Accents and universes

Would it really matter what accent there is? I mean, if the world combines to a point like depicted in WC, maybe that particular sector would have more or less of a certian group of people with accents. Perhaps the sectors could be viewed like countries today. One sector may have more British habitants than another, or one would have more German habitants than others. P2 did have all British accent language in the movie segments and comms but perhaps the Tri-System could be viewed as having more British history than others. Some of the CIS operatives (pilots) sounded like normal American accent, some sounded like British accent. Kinda hard to tell, but does it really matter at all?

RFBurns

"Disintegration would be too good for you!" [Kilrathi, WCP]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You find the concept of a place where everyone speaks with a British accent *HARD TO SWALLOW*?

Yeah, really. It's not like in the 28th century there will only be Americans. Christ.

Originally posted by KrisV
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You find the concept of a place where everyone speaks with a British accent *HARD TO SWALLOW*?

Yeah, really. It's not like in the 28th century there will only be Americans. Christ.
You guys completely missed the meaning of my post. What I meant was that I would expect after multiple centuries you would find a system to be a bit more diverse than that of P2. Granted, WCIII/IV wasn't all that diverse either but one seemed to follow the other while P2 was a complete departure from what we were used to. And before everyone gets bent out of shape, I can see where the British empire colonizes/emmigrates to a star system which would explain a dominant British presence. "Christ".

It's not the first time that the messages are of an other nature then then thread title applies to

Another little quirk with P2 was when you bought a new ship, the cockpit remained the same! It didnt let you feel that you were in a different ship. Still very enjoyable.

RFBurns

"How can this be?!" [dying Kindred, Privateer 2 TD]

That's because you weren't seing a cockipit but a HUD. And I for one find it quite logical that HUD's would remain the same on all ships to make transition from one to another much easier.

Master Archanist: Just to let you know if you read my post you would have noticed i did not say "Red Giants" I said red stars which are stars that are significantly smaller than a sol type (G2) star, they burn cooler and last/will last for appox. 100 billion years. they fall into the K type catagory of stars.

Originally posted by Earthworm
That's because you weren't seing a cockipit but a HUD. And I for one find it quite logical that HUD's would remain the same on all ships to make transition from one to another much easier.

What about WCP's HUD's, those changed, as well as the HUD's in WCIV. You wont find a HUD from an F-117 exactly the same as in a AH-64D Longbow or a YF-22! ;)

RFBurns

"I wouldnt waste a missle on you scum!" [Black Lance, WCIV]

Originally posted by RFBurns
What about WCP's HUD's, those changed,
The Prophecy HUD's changed only depending on weather you were flying a bomber of a fighter. And you could see the cockpits in Prophecy which did indeed change...
as well as the HUD's in WCIV.
They changed when you flew fighters from different factions...

EW: Actually in WCIV the arangement of such things as current speed ect. did change, IIRC. And you are correct about the faction changes, I personally perfered the BW faction coloration the best, how about y'all

That is becuase it was a computer overlay of NAISMITH's Voice. Damn him. Or actually it was Lemmonlips Garr's voice on the dragon

I found the Dragon's comp voice rather neat, made it sound like you were in a high class fighter, which was the case! The HUD in itself was kinda gloomy but gave that bird a feel of POWER! :D

RFBurns

"These guys are history!" [Hawk, WCIV]

Originally posted by Marcml30:
I'm sorry, did I post that I had proof!?! No, my posts have only gone so far as to say that the thread linking P2 to the WCU was thin - which it is.

My apologies. I did take your use of words like “thread” and “thin” to be quantitative and qualitative, instead of only the former. No question, Origin tells us next to nothing about the Tri-System relative to the Terran Confederation.

As for the WC 'canon' - it doesn't exist by your definition because it can be anything the developers want . . . You want a true canon? Look to the Trek, Star Wars, or DragonLance universes. They have defined rules and regulations where all stories that try to fit into those universes must abide by.

It’s not a matter of “true” versus “pseudo” canon, only the scope afforded creativity and interpretation, and what each of us feels is more fun. For myself, I’d rather muse over the U.S. Constitution, for example, than the U.S. Tax Code, but someone else could prefer the latter (and more power to him!).

I have a Yugo that I call a Porche and will sell it to you for $45K - cheap.

No thanks. But if you have a Porsche that you’re calling a Mercedes-Benz, I’d be interested.:)

Originally posted by RFBurns:
If the [Tri-]system was so remote and away from mainstream Confed space, wouldnt Confed have a vital interest in protecting that system?

Just curious. Why do you think that the Tri-System is in Confed space?

Back