Last Line of Defence

Just a test:

screen0010.jpg

Patrol over City. Credits for Citymodel to Darius from the Freespace Modding Team Blue Planet.

Another Scooby Model...but a tribute to the shipclass!

Hi @TCS Wolfhound!
screen0015.jpg
side on side with the Hermes
screen0014.jpgscreen0016.jpg
18 Laser, 2 missilelauncher, no capshiplauncher and 4 AMG. They are on the sidepods up/down so the ship could fight against 4 other capships. Like here, against 4 frigates
screen0017.jpg
The Hangarbay has 4 fighterbays, 4 doors to the lower storage hangar, 2 big doors to the Broadsword hangar. They too big to launch from the tubes, so they start from the landing deck. 2 Elevators (markings) to the lower hangar/launchtubes. 10 launchtubes (5 each side)
hangar.jpg

Hopefully RedBaron is soon back and can make green textures. At least you see two Bengals in the campaign. Also use it later in my Enigma 2666 campaign :) A video is underway and hopefully ready for CIC birthday!

Edit: Rename the ship as Trafalgar, Concordia and Wolfhound - Vukar Tag Battlegroup. Just the Waterloo-class is missing, the Gettysburg.
screen0019.jpg

And a repaint (Thx to RedBaron) to a famos ship without a gamemodel in WC1+2:
The TCS Austin, CC85:
hd33.jpg

Update: Claw, Scimitar and Raptor:
screen0040.jpg

screen0042.jpg

Teaser Trailer
Its done but I cut a lot because of Upload-Space Problems. FekLeyrTarg (Thx for Upload) have some problems in this video. The Logo was not centered (dunno know why?) and his onboard GPU say tilt ^^
Some scenes was delete (already posts here the pics ingame) : Bengal fire the frigates, Raptor and Scim flyby the Bengal, the Groundscene with the Sabre above the town. And a little Spoiler of the end of EP1. I not comment this pic :
screen0032.jpg
and the center logo:
hsjn.jpg

Happy Birthday CIC :)

Thanks for mentioning our trailer in the News.
ChrisReid said:
Although it doesn't include in-game footage, there are some nice shots of the fleets that will be facing off.
However, a little correction if I may: All scenes were rendered in-game. No 3D program (3DS Max, Maya 3D, or Blender) were used for those scenes.

However, a little correction if I may: All scenes were rendered in-game. No 3D program (3DS Max, Maya 3D, or Blender) were used for those scenes.

Excuse my ignorance if this has been covered already, but can we expect cockpits this time around?

I guess I assume that that's almost always the case for fan games, so what I meant was that that wasn't gameplay footage. I know all the commercial games love to make that distinction today, but that seems like kind of a cheat, because it's not really what the gameplay looks like, at least perspective wise. I don't really care how a cutscene is rendered (I would call scenes such as this in-engine or engine-rendered, if you had to specify).

All scenes are ingame. Just the hud is hidden to make the screens ;)
So in this case I was with my fighter beside the ships:

Gold Wing are a pair of Broadswords...
screen0003.jpg screen0004.jpg
I used the new Freespace Build, Thanks to MatttheGeek with the extended mod for Saga to use more models and better effects ;) Broadsword Model goes (as always for Saga) to Scooby Doo :)
The hud on:
screen0005.jpg
screen0006.jpg
Broadsword launch from the TCS Wolfhound.
In my campaign not one scene is a render...simply because I don't know how to make it Oo

PS: Another shot: Scratch one flaptop:
screen0008.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, they'll have WC2 and WC3-style paintjobs.
(On the other hand though, those grey textures kinda resemble the texture styles of WC: Arena and WC: Collateral Damage)

Thia ia just standard confed grey ;) Like the Capships in WC4. They also use only grey without blue or green colors. I would like to see at the end several colors.

Like Howard does on his Broadsword.

I left it blank so the guy doing the colorful paint job has an easier job to do. Besides any painting I would do would get erased.
What do mean by "erased"? I was under the impression the recolors were merely meant as an alternative for the WC2-battlegroup. Especially the Broadsword colors in Privateer are a perfect match to your other ships.

What do mean by "erased"? I was under the impression the recolors were merely meant as an alternative for the WC2-battlegroup. Especially the Broadsword colors in Privateer are a perfect match to your other ships.

I have my standard default blue for the stripes/details. Deathsnake has to go and desaturate (remove the color) from the blue areas before it can be painted up with wc2 theme. I'm just skipping this step and giving them a clean slate to work with.

That would be me, wasn't that much work actually. Just selecting the blue areas, desaturate, brighten and add an overlay with the proper grey tone, then a new color overlay. Excluding your "greebles", vents and stuff from the recoloring was more work (the Scimitar was almost more vents than armor plates), but i really appreciate it thanks.
The comment just sounded like you wouldn't bother doing grey/blue textures any longer because they aren't about to be used, which would be a damn shame. Personally i really like the Privateer/WC3 scheme.

Opps forgot that was you LOL.
No for my regular ships the blue stays, I'm just giving you a nice clean slate to work from :)

This looks great! Looking forward to playing this mod. Any idea how soon you might be looking for voice actors? I'd love to audition for a role.

Back