Kilrathi Capital Ships

What do you want the Kilrathi capital ship textures to look like?

• WC1 style (Lots of white, brown, and a little gold-ish yellow/orange)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • WC2 style (White, gold-ish yellow/orange, red)

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Privateer style (Light brown/tan, white, and a little red)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • WC3 style (Light brown/tan and a little red)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • WCP style (Copper-ish orange and red)

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
I just started a thread in teh Off-topic zone for it - reply about that there.

So, after that little holiday... WC2 v. WC3 coloring scheme - discuss :D

But what Eder has done with the WC2 ships don't look cartoonish at all, yet they remain faithful to the original design and colours, IMHO. (That's a good thing, BTW)

I moved all the communism related stuff into a different thread. I presume Quarto can merge that thread with the one Needaham has just opened in the off topic forum now.

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
I moved all the communism related stuff into a different thread. I presume Quarto can merge that thread with the one Needaham has just opened in the off topic forum now.
As I suspected, I dinna can do it. Such a task requires mod/admin priviledges in both the off-topic and Standoff forum. You need to get TC or one of the admin to do it.

I don't think that's possible either. Allowing me to move stuff to other people's forums would be kinda cheating... like if I could just sweep problematic threads under the rug :p

--Eder

'twas just a thought.

From original topic, to a discussion on communism, to a discussion on thread management. Ah, gotta love topic drift! :)

If the Confed ships have WC2 colors, then the Cats should have WC2 colors. The cartoony look was because of the ships being sprites. Someone said this earlier, but the Confed ships had the same kind of textures, and Eder's models don't look cartoony. I say lets have some good old fashioned Vengeance of the Kilrathi textures for the little kitty cats.

Eder's WC2 Kilrathi Ships cartoony?????????

I think those who posted this must...

start (eye-check)
a. Check the screenshots (again)
b. Re-check the screenshtots
c. If still of the same opinion, they must..
1. either have their sight re-checked
2. consider changing a carrer to an art critic
3. perform a mental reset. Then a.
end

Ghost is simply being overly cautious, probably because he knows that people who act supid around here get their rank graphic edited!

--Eder

Actually, something that might be nice would be Armada-style (looks like essentially WC2 paintjobs without that glaring yellow). The Kats may be a warrior race, but I doubt that the majority of them fly around in ships that look oddly like lemons. What you did with the Gothri and Hriss models is fine, perhaps make the paintjobs looks a little more like blood (on the wings) and less like the Nike Swoosh and all will be happy.

Its possible that the WC2/whatever jobs were fleet paintjobs or regional/time specific designs, and that you shouldnt have to worry about it much so just run wild.

Back