Kilrathi Capital Ships

What do you want the Kilrathi capital ship textures to look like?

• WC1 style (Lots of white, brown, and a little gold-ish yellow/orange)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • WC2 style (White, gold-ish yellow/orange, red)

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Privateer style (Light brown/tan, white, and a little red)

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • WC3 style (Light brown/tan and a little red)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • WCP style (Copper-ish orange and red)

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Chernikov
What you did with the Gothri and Hriss models is fine, perhaps make the paintjobs looks a little more like blood (on the wings) and less like the Nike Swoosh and all will be happy.

Hey, I like that idea. Nobody suggested that before (at least not in such a descriptive manner ;))... that might really work, I'll give it a try in the next ship I texture (probably the Jalthi).

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
Ghost is simply being overly cautious, probably because he knows that people who act supid around here get their rank graphic edited!

--Eder

Anyone who things THAT is stupid......hope Ghost doesnt....

I think enemy ships should be bright for us people with bad eyes I found WC2 was too bright but wc3 was to camoflouge-y for me to see so I often had to play with the light off thus making my eyes worse if you take that into consideration I would gladly sing your praises

You're staring at a giant radiating multicolored light bulb when you're on your computer. It wasn't the dim light that hurt your eyes.. that's just a myth.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
You're staring at a giant radiating multicolored light bulb when you're on your computer. It wasn't the dim light that hurt your eyes.. that's just a myth.

Wow, that sounds something Blair would say on WCIV.

Wouldn't it be wiser to use a unified colouring scheme for your Kilrathi fighters and your cap ships so they share the same palatte? The ships of WC1/2 share the same general colours and WC3, and 4 have their unique but all encompassing styles too. I think it would be best if you had all your Kilrathi ships using the same colour scheme for unity's sake.

Well I agree with CamW.Use the same colours with the Fighters you already did. Or........you are thinking of retexturing the Fighters too ......?

No, I definitely like the fighters the way they are. Changes to the color of capital ships' textures wouldn't be as major as you think... Of course, the capital ships still have to fit in with the fighters, but a subtle change sometimes is welcome. If the capital ships look too much like the fighters, I'll end up with a very bland looking game.

Personally, I'm leaning more and more towards making the capital ships have more white in them, darker red markings, and slightly more yellow/orange contrast in the golden color than the fighters do.

--Eder

Mmmm......well I cant imagine how they are going to be.......well I ll have to wait......

P.S. I STILL dont have a new soundcard,My old SB16 and my new Audigy somehow burned....I dont know they cant be fixed...Im really sorry cause I promised you to send you voiceovers.....:(
I am deeply sorry for that Eder:( I didt keep my promise I am ashame :(

Sorry to hear about that ...

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Mmmm......well I cant imagine how they are going to be.......well I ll have to wait......

P.S. I STILL dont have a new soundcard,My old SB16 and my new Audigy somehow burned....I dont know they cant be fixed...Im really sorry cause I promised you to send you voiceovers.....:(
I am deeply sorry for that Eder:( I didt keep my promise I am ashame :(

A lot of time ago, I worked for a hardware shop. You want to look at that "metasximatisti" because I think that this is giving you undue problems. A bad PCI (with unstable current running over it)may also be the cause.

I hope that your problems are fixed,

Ta leme...

PS. Eder,
Regarding the colour scheme, well , it is your game, but I am looking at the 1600*1200 desktoop, loving every little detail of it, and I ask myself... Why should it change? What is so wrong with it?

Re: Sorry to hear about that ...

Originally posted by Andropolos
Regarding the colour scheme... Why should it change? What is so wrong with it?
Uh, nothing's wrong with it, because it isn't started yet :) I'm talking about how to texture the Kilrathi capital ships, not the other ships... nothing will change about human ships and Kilrathi fighters.

--Eder

That is a Beauty!!! It's very WC2 :) Although if I'm not mistaken that's a Shiraak class carrier, not a Snakeir.

*whacks gryphon on the head*

That IS a Snakeir, understand?! :D

(I'm using the SWC Snakeir design, since it fits in with the other WC2 designs better... the only "real" WC1 capship is gonna be the Fralthi, since I had to make one of those for UE2 anyway :p)

--Eder

Wow... No offense man but boy is that going to suck...

I was looking forward to seeing some of those things in living 3D... I guess I'll just have to replay UE

Back