Jalthi

If I had a girlfriend and if I was a pilot I would not put a photo of her in the cockpit. That would be way too distracting...

That Joker guy in Pacific Strike would put a picture of a girl in your cockpit at some point in the game, for no apparent reason.

No he didn't... it's just that that picture only appears in one cockpit (the Dauntless, and the Helldiver, since they shared the same cockpit). Jester had nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Though why is the ECS Prophecy 'inspired' by the Midway? It's almost a copy of it, albeit with the two halves of the Prophecy much blockier than the Midway's.

You're right, it is indeed a copy. I even got the textures by doing screen captures...
I did not wrote I copied it because I did not want people to think I extracted the model from the game. When I did it, I was not very experimented and I spent much time on it, so I tried to make understand that I only copied the design.

I'm not complaining, and the Orca destroyer looks much nicer with the 'arms' drawn with more polygons.

I had a lot of difficultied doing her. My technic was to fly around him and do screencaptures to study her shape later. But these Nephilim bastards were always shooting on me... :D And if you look the textures closer, you will notice I destroyed all the turrets before doing my captures :)

I sent the model (max3 file) to Loaf few weeks ago. If you look in the archives, I will find it.

Originally posted by mpanty
Is the girl a friend of yours? A "clin d'oeil" maybe? :D [/B]

She was my girlfriend when I did this part. She's not anymore :( ...
There are other "clin d'oeils" to my friends like this one in the animation. In fact calling the main human ship "Prophecy" was one. But I copied the design so I had to do such a tribute...

Heh, I've never even seen a Playtester's Guide for Pacific Strike :). But heck, I guess it kinda sounds like something Jester would do. Not that he was much more than a PS version of Maniac ;).

Yes... he was... *exactly* like Maniac...:)

The problem with Pacific Strike was that all the characters looked so similar, IMO (well, that and the fact that it didn't run well... and the disks came corrupted... and so forth...). I mean, there was nobody interesting -- they should have made up some stupid excuse to have a woman in the game like they did with WoG...

I keep forgetting to update about your movie again -- THIS IS MY REMINDER! REMEMBER, ME!

Agreed... PS was one of the most buggy Origin releases ever. A pity, since it could have been a great game (never mind realism... it's great to have Japanese pilots yelling at you :)). And the characters were indeed a bit bland... but I guess it's difficult to come up with an excuse to get a woman onboard an aircraft carrier in WWII.

Or practically any minorities... or any non-Americans... or anybody with different color clothes <G>

PS had a lot of neat stuff -- like the dynamic carrier system... it'd be neat if WC did capships that way.

Earlier they thought women abroad ships bring misfortune...in the Ge. navy women and non-ariers were not allowed in WWII.

Yeah... that's what we were saying -- but it makes for a very boring character given video game. :)

I agree, but it's even more boring/frustrating that no new GAME is planned by now!!! :mad:

[Edited by Jochen on 06-08-2001 at 10:24]

Hmm, I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "dynamic carrier system"... but one thing's for certain - it was great to be able to assign all those wings. I suppose that particular aspect of it wasn't too much more advanced than WC4, but it was still very cool.

...Not to mention winning the war in 1943 ;).

When a carrier is destroyed in PS, it's gone forever -- so, for example, if you destroy the Soryu in mission 4, then it never appears again -- and you don't face any enemy fighters tagged as coming from Soryu.

This caused problems for people who took out the entire Japanese fleet early on, though... missions get really boring until they bring new light carriers into the game <G>

We need to figure out a system to distinguish Pacific Strike from Pilgrim Stars ^_^. It WOULD be cool if they made a game based on PS, though, eh? :D

Pacific Strike is cool. Buy Microsoft Combat Pacific. :D

Back