Jalthi

Well, if it can hit you, it can do some damage. But it's slow, its sluggish, and I've knocked them down with a single sustained burst with full guns in a Raptor, which is supposed to be an inferior ship.

Originally posted by Fenris
(...)I've knocked them down with a single sustained burst with full guns in a Raptor, which is supposed to be an inferior ship.
Nah... the shields must have been down...

In a Raptor, blowing up a Jalthi requires at least two, if not three full guns shots from behind... that's where the shields are the weakest... :cool:

But ONE shot... that's not possible to me... :)

They can be very dangerous if they fire with full guns on cap ships. If you let them go close enough of course... But if you does, you will regret it very soon !

In dogfight I think, they could be a real threat if their pilots flew them using "group tactics". Like the American pilots flew their heavy, slow, but well armed Wildcats against the lighter and agiler Japanese Zeros.
Fortunatly, Kilrathi pilots seem to be very individual during a dogfight.

Why Neutron guns??????

WC1 The jalthi fires 6 red blasts!!!
Red blasts = Lasers
SO the jalthi carries 6 lasers!!!

Originally posted by mpanty
Oh and BTW Sadic, the pics or your space-battles sie are really amazing... that's some pro work! Félecitations!! :)

Well, thanx ! :D
That makes me very pleased cause I spent much time on it.
BTW I just uploaded a new version of the animation, better encoded and with a new score.

Very cool -- will put it in the Friday news... (I wrote thursdays news in advance, since I'm about to pass out...).

IIRC if you can empty your gun capacitators onto a cat without missing once you will kill him, regardless of what he's flying in WC1.

Not a Fralthra... :D

And now that I think of it, assuming you are speaking about flying a Raptor, full burst without missing a shot, on the front side of a Gratha won't blow him up, but I might be mistaken... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-06-2001 at 18:15]

Fralthras are in WC2. In WC1 several runs are needed to wax capships. I'm pretty sure you can nail any fighter in WC1 if you can empty your capacitators onto it without missing.

I remember when I first played WC2. I didn't know you needed torps to kill capships. Been playing too much WC3 lately. So I was sitting around shooting at the damn thing for ages and it wouldn't die so out of frustration I rammed it and died. Ahh ramming. One way or another it will always solve your problem. ;)

You're correct -- a single hit with full guns will not destroy a Gratha (at least, not in the PC WC1).

Originally posted by mpanty
What are you on, Cadfael? :)

4 red blasts, and 2 blueish-grey blasts...

WC on SNES, 6 red laser blasts. the Gratha had 4 lasers also, nothing other then.. lasers... heh

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You're correct -- a single hit with full guns will not destroy a Gratha (at least, not in the PC WC1).
I meant a full salvo, as Penguin stated...
i.e. depleting your blaster reserves (which usually means around 3 full guns shots in a Raptor)...

Are the other WC1 versions different in this matter?

Aren't single shots of full guns and a salvo synonymous?

It took more than a full gun capacitor on a Raptor to kill a Gratha. Usually four shots in a charge, a Gratha required about five or six in succession.

A single squeeze of the trigger is a salvo... not the entire capacitor <G>

(You can have full guns that *aren't* salvoed -- if you haven't calibrated them to fire together).

Back