Jalthi

Sadic

Spaceman
Hi,
Here are some pics of the Jalthi model I will use in my movie.

http://www.multimania.com/sadic/WC/Jalthi.jpg
http://www.multimania.com/sadic/WC/Jalthi2.jpg

This model makes me happier than my previous Krant : this time I did not take some "liberties" with the cockpit ;).
But I still have one question. I based my work on the Claw Marks http://www.blacklance.org/claw/24.html and it is stated that the Jalthi has 3 Neutrons Guns and 3 Laser Cannons. So my question is : on the Claw's pic, which ones are the lasers and which ones are the neutrons ? I will need this information in order to make the Jalthi fire different colors.

Next time I will model a Kilrathi cap ship, maybe the Dorkir or the Fralthi.

WHOA Sadic! You really impress me!! Those images are awesome!! :D

One small criticism though (it's necessary! <G> ): you know those "tubes" just around the cockpit... a continuation of the thrusters... well I think they're not long enough in the front part of the fighter, check the proportions on the Claw Marks pic!

As for the guns... Claw Marks is mistaken. The Jalthi has only TWO neutron guns.
The two inner ones are the neutrons, the remaining outer ones the lasers.

[edit] Wait! I might be wrong... even the CIC ship database says it's three and three...
That's weird... when a Jalthi fired on me in WC1, I always noticed two neutrons, never three...
You'd better wait for LOAF... <G>

BRILLIANT WORK though! :cool:

[Edited by mpanty on 06-05-2001 at 19:47]

Thanks for your answer. In fact I found strange that she had 3 neutron guns : the ship would have to be assymetrical if so. And with only two neutrons, she's deadly enough for me :)

For the "tubes" you are right ! I was so happy to finish the model that I did not even notice that I made this proportion error. I will correct that tomorrow.

Thought so... :)

Unless you want to keep it as in Joan's, you should update the CIC ship database... :)

Therefore *I* would assume that they are two different variants of the Jalthi. (Though one could also assume that Joan's made a mistake.)

TC

I'll update the ships database when I"m good and ready -- which is to say, that I'm working on the rebuild...

In an odd way, 3 of each makes sense. As Kilrathi are known for their assymetrical ships (notice the large degrees of assymetry in WC1..huhuhuhuh).

Fine alright... but doesn't inflict the same amount of damage, and doesn't drain the same amount of blaster energy... :)

But since you're doing a movie, I guess it doesn't matter too much, Sadic... :cool:

Anyway that you look at it, if a Jalthi is on your six and is able to squeeze off a couple of shots, your screwed. I believe that Iceman said it best, the first shot takes down your shileds, and the second blows through your cockpit.

All well and good, but it is damn near impossible for a Jalthi to get on your six and stay there for any length of time whatsoever. That thing is seriously overrated.

I you are outnumbered it will be very difficult to avoid all the blast... And Iceman is a good damn pilot ! :)
The Jalthi is one of my favourite Kilrathi fighters : her six canons are very impressive.

mpanty, you are right, it does not matter much. I don't even have a precise idea of the plot yet... But I think the effects will be nicer if she had only 2 neutron guns : unlike the Kilrathi's, my human brain prefers symmetry :D

Oh and BTW Sadic, the pics or your space-battles sie are really amazing... that's some pro work! Félecitations!! :)

Back