Info needed. VERY important

Originally posted by Wedge009
I was just wondering... what constitutes a battery? As opposed to turrets?

Batteries are big, high calibur weapons. Turrets are small, low calibur weapons. We see batteries in the games, but they fire at us like the turrets we don't see.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Batteries are big, high calibur weapons. Turrets are small, low calibur weapons. We see batteries in the games, but they fire at us like the turrets we don't see.

I like how things always work out so unconfusingly...

Hmm, LOAF, your first two sentences made sense. I don't understand the last one. Turrets we don't see?

Originally posted by Wedge009
Hmm, LOAF, your first two sentences made sense. I don't understand the last one. Turrets we don't see?

I find it hard to believe that my first two sentences made sense. :)

They made sense to me, but I already knew the stuff that you said, so I think I worked backwards.

I find it hard to believe that my first two sentences made sense.
You're not ususally modest. Are you? And you still didn't explain yourself.

The way I see it at the moment, batteries are like those medium ion cannons on the Midway for 'capship slugfests', right?

Oh, right.

Well, based on what we know from the novels capships have a large number of anti-fighter turrets and a small number of batteries used for fights with capships.

But according to FC the batteries are the huge turrets we see in, like, WC3... and the actual anti-fighter turrets aren't in the game.

...and the actual anti-fighter turrets aren't in the game.
?!

Of course, that does make sense to some degree, since in-game, capships use the same guns against fighters as they do against each other. Does feel a bit odd thinking of it that way.

Back