Info needed. VERY important

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I don't exactly remember how it worked, but I think there may have been some specific number(s) that were 'phase shields' to the game...
Correct. Anything from 1000 upwards gets the 'phase shield' treatment. Also, all the shield/armour numbers internally in WC2 are 10x what is listed in the manuals, meaning that they're in millimetres. 1000 is thus 100 cm equivalent. Notably, the Concordia has 5000 instead of 1000, so your guess of 500 cm for the Hakaga was quite a good one... though personally, I'd go with as much as 1000 cm.

Originally posted by Quarto

Correct. Anything from 1000 upwards gets the 'phase shield' treatment. Also, all the shield/armour numbers internally in WC2 are 10x what is listed in the manuals, meaning that they're in millimetres. 1000 is thus 100 cm equivalent. Notably, the Concordia has 5000 instead of 1000, so your guess of 500 cm for the Hakaga was quite a good one... though personally, I'd go with as much as 1000 cm.

uh, i couldnt quite understand that... sorry

anyway, whats a good opponent to the connie? anything from WC1,2,3,priv please.

well, umm... okok, but i still don't like the connie, could you please find another suubstitute, PLEASE! *kneels* oh yeah, why does the ships build so slow in your last version?

Originally posted by Newcommanderondablock

I think I said HAKAGA. :p

Either that or some kind of super-Fralthra...

well, umm... okok, but i still don't like the connie, could you please find another suubstitute, PLEASE! *kneels*

KEES MA ASS! (_|_)

:p

Well, one more time then - WC2 stores shield and armour data on a different scale than what's written in the manual. All the internal WC2 shield/armour data is x10 what the manual says. This doesn't imply the manual is wrong, of course - rather, it's a difference of scale.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the Concordia's shields are saved as 5000 - this equals to 500 centimetres, which was also LOAF's initial guess at the Hakaga's shielding. I'd disagree though, and put the Hakaga's shields at 1000 cm... maybe even 2000 cm. Why? Because this gives it a vast advantage over all existing capships, which I think FA implies. Additionally, it makes the Hakaga's shields similiar (though still inferior) to most WC3 capships. In other words, the Hakaga would become the missing link :))) in the evolution of phase shielding between WC1 and WC3 capships.

Fralthra. The Hakaga should not be used except when specifically simulating the Battle of Terra, because there was never more than a dozen of them. Of course, you'd need at least two Fralthra going up against a single Concordia, but that reflects the reality well - in the game, the Fralthra were always ganging up against us.

people, the shiplist (in schez opinion), the fraltha is the opponent to the waterloo. i need either a carrier class or mix of a carrier and a battleship (eg, the hak, but it a little bit overpowering IMHO)

EDIT:

Oh yeah, the novels are included in the shiplist. Thanks

People *have* suggested... what are the problems with my suggestion of Bhantkara and LOAF's suggestion of the movie Sivar Class?

people, the shiplist (in schez opinion), the fraltha is the opponent to the waterloo. i need either a carrier class or mix of a carrier and a battleship (eg, the hak, but it a little bit overpowering IMHO)

I'm too lazy to read thru the whole thread, but have you considered using the WC1 Snakeir yet? Or, like TC said, the Bhantkara?

--Eder

Originally posted by TC People *have* suggested... what are the problems with my suggestion of Bhantkara and LOAF's suggestion of the movie Sivar Class?

Because they have WEIRD NAMES!!!!11111

the movie sivar is from the movie, not the games. i have said only WC1,2,3,privateer and the novels, movie is excluded.

IIRC, the Bhant woudnt make a good compeditor with the connie as the connie IIRC had phase shields, 8 AM guns and a phase transit cannon... the Bahnt only had laser turrets.

the Snakier sounds good, but i think it would be a bit more on par with the claw, dont you think? (unless the stats under the CIC's ship section is wrong, and it has more turrets).
on the other hand, it does seem to be a bit of a challenge to the claw... :D

Back