If someone wants to kitbash the Midway

gevatter Lars

Vice Admiral
I just found this image from a new StarWars Amada ship that look pretty close to what the Midway looked like.
If someone wants to kitbash the Midway this might be a good starting point. Cut of the longer parts at the front, a little part for the intakes in the back and you can allready see it.

Attachments

• swm33_spread.png
    swm33_spread.png
    670 KB · Views: 209
Wow, that's quite similar. A "hammerhead" capship isn't unique to WC, but the proportion of the pant legs inseam and such are spot on.

Sure Hammerheads aren't original but I looked at it and my mind was imidiatly "Midway? Is there an official Wing Commander miniture game?"
Then saw its StarWars....still nice but mhhh...those prices. Would love to try Armada but I won't buy the starter set for about 100$ just to find out that I don't like it or don't find anyone to play with.

Sure Hammerheads aren't original but I looked at it and my mind was imidiatly "Midway? Is there an official Wing Commander miniture game?"
Then saw its StarWars....still nice but mhhh...those prices. Would love to try Armada but I won't buy the starter set for about 100$ just to find out that I don't like it or don't find anyone to play with.

There isn't an official one so far as I know about. But when I first started work on my Star Fighters game, ChrisReid pointed me at an un-official one. Lemme see if I can find the post. Here we go.

My "Is there an official game" was more about what was going on in my mind and not a question of if there is one ^_^

The other game you pointed out, I have seen that setup quite some time ago. Realy nice models.
Also taken a look into your rulebook very briefly. The base and turning confuses me a little, cause there isn't a picture with it. Does the dail have numbers written on it or do I just count how many "slices" I have turned the model.
Also whats not clear to me, do I only turn at the end of my movement or can I turn whenever I want?

I am also currently working on a spacecombat game but its more like a arena fighting game with hiden movement and crazy weapons and stuff.
Also vector based movement.

Back