If Hobbes hadn't been the traitor...

Speaking of Tom Wilson, he'll be appearing at Chiller Theater this weekend. (If you're going to bother asking what Chiller Theater is, don't.)

Going a little bit back on topic:

Did you prefer to go after Hobes stright away or wait?

I tended to stay on the ship

I always finish my Wc games with all the options (thats why I got dozens of saves) but ....the fist time I played it I wanted to crush him...So I get after him and Killed him So I never saw him again (in the Lat mission).

The traitor was Rachel! She only lets you get into her shorts to get info on the Behemoth. She planted the stuff on Hobbes to frame him. Hobbes flees the ship thinking you won't believe that he was framed. Rollins cut up Cobra to hide the fact that she was gonna rat him out because he contacted Thrakhath trying to defect but accidentally put the video feed to all the monitors on the ship and Thrakhath covered for him by doing the "Heart of The Tiger" spiel.

Originally posted by TopGun
Going a little bit back on topic:

Did you prefer to go after Hobes stright away or wait?

I tended to stay on the ship

I stay on the ship.... there is no point going after him and losing another wingman.... plus i don't like getting yelled at my Eisen... hahaha

First time I played WC3, I went after Hobbes. But I ususally stay with Eisen and what's left of Cobra nowadays.

And Ripper, that's some pretty wild imagination! :)

I liked Ripper's version of the story.... rather amusing... man i wish i had WC3 here with me... now i want to play... i'm going to have until November when i go home... ugh

Any WC situation I always act out what I would do in that situation. I just found out that one of my best friend's who I have been sticking up for and fighting wing to wing with for years is actually a traitor who has taken out Confed's last great hope (Behemoth) and is about to neutralize the last long shot at my survival in the T-bomb (hell, the survival of my species), plus killing someone who was becoming a friend? Screw the captain and the regs, the dude has to go down! Plus you have to make the decision without knowing that Vaquero was going to that big cantina in the sky. Move over Eisen, its time to fry a furball!

C-ya

You need to weigh the pros and cons.

A: Kill Hobbes, avenging the lives of Cobra, the Behemoth crew, and eliminting a spy with decades of sensitive ConFed intelligence, but lose your buddy Vaquero and alert the cats to your pressence (of course, if Hobbes makes it back, they'll know where you are anyway).

or

B: Let him go, jepordizing the T-Bomb project and leaving a traitor to leave without his tar and feathers, but get free drinks from Vaquero's cantina for life (however long or short that will be, considering).

You don't know about half those things, though. [If playing from a 'real-life' perspective without insight into the future.]

If you want the "real-life perspective" just don't factor in Vaquero. As for everything else: that Hobbes' is a spy is obvious at this point, the intel he gained about the T-Bomb is on the pad in your hands, and even if he didn't transmit it, he has it filed away in the space between his ears, in addition to your carrier's current position, not to mention the potential info he may have gained as a high-ranking member of the Confederation, and the fact that at this point I would rank him number one in my book of suspects for people who leaked the info on the soft-spots on the Behemoth.

Originally posted by Templar
If you want the "real-life perspective" just don't factor in Vaquero. As for everything else: that Hobbes' is a spy is obvious at this point, the intel he gained about the T-Bomb is on the pad in your hands, and even if he didn't transmit it, he has it filed away in the space between his ears, in addition to your carrier's current position, not to mention the potential info he may have gained as a high-ranking member of the Confederation, and the fact that at this point I would rank him number one in my book of suspects for people who leaked the info on the soft-spots on the Behemoth.

You make a good point there. Would any man leak this information out? You can defect ofcourse, but some human who would do this would seem a bit wierd. So in my pint of view it's obvious that it could be Hobbes. When i 1st played wc3 there didn't ring a bell in me head, i just thought it was luck

What I didnt like in WCP was the behavior of Blair when he flew again after a lot of time."Blair is back" etc...

I felt that Blair instead of taking forever to destroy a target, I thought that he should have comepletely kicked everything's ass in a flash even if his last flight was a year or whenever before because he's Blair.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
I felt that Blair instead of taking forever to destroy a target, I thought that he should have comepletely kicked everything's ass in a flash even if his last flight was a year or whenever before because he's Blair.

Theres a difference between Blair as a Player Character and Blair as a Character. Blair as the Player Character has to kick ass because to have a shitty player character is to have a bad game. You have to rack up kills to have a entertaining game; otherwise, you have something that doesn't sell.

Blair as a Character? I liked how Forstchen wrote him in the beginning of The Price Of Freedom. When Seether jacked him up, Blair wondered if being on the farm made him soft, made him lose his edge. Blair was against a geneticly superior foe, but that didn't mean he was a slacker either. You need a character to be human to sympathize with them. There has to be some kind of human qualities, hubris or otherwise, to make the character identifable to the audience. After all, who wants to read about some superhuman pilot trouncing the enemy without any effort?

Originally posted by Ripper
The traitor was Rachel! She only lets you get into her shorts to get info on the Behemoth. She planted the stuff on Hobbes to frame him. Hobbes flees the ship thinking you won't believe that he was framed. Rollins cut up Cobra to hide the fact that she was gonna rat him out because he contacted Thrakhath trying to defect but accidentally put the video feed to all the monitors on the ship and Thrakhath covered for him by doing the "Heart of The Tiger" spiel.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Youe Imagination scares me.......

Pshaw! That's nuthin'. I banged that out as fast as I could type it. Wait... that wasn't very fast.... Anyway, if I get a good idea and have some time to think about it, I can sometimes come up with some fairly entertaining stuff.

Anyways, glad y'all liked it.

Can I have another cookie?:D

Back