ideal midway taskforce

It was his fault. He took the Phosphor,took too much, cut it and some pieces came onto his clothes (he had luck: he ward fire-resistant clothes) and his handshoes...he didn't realize, , went on...after the alcohol around the phosphor was evaporated his clothes and handshoes were on fire...I never saw sb. act so quick how our other chemistry teacher (whom was liary)..she helped him, put the fire out and he had to visit the doctor...you still see the marks at his hands, where the handshoes had burned in...but he was an idiot. Everybody (even without having studied chemistry) knows P. gets on fire when the alcohol is evaporated. He was too stupid...he can think of it for the rest of his life...if he sees his hands!:) Pech gehabt!

LOL. He also wasn't able to teach well (we fell asleep when he tought us)...so it was sth. interesting in his lesson. After that attempt nobody of us students ever forgot how easy P. gets on fire...and I think he even didn't forget!
So we all learned much of it:)

Ah, heck, that must've been funny. But in high school chemistry, all the idiots spent the prac time trying set fire to as many things as possible. I'm surprised the school didn't blow up.

But worse things have happened. At another school nearby (rich private school), they were observing some steam machine powered by alcohol or what not - I can't remember the specifics - something went wrong and a lot of students were injured, a couple critically.

At a school closer to the city, the class wasn't ventilated well enough, and the kids inhaled too much dihydrogen sulfide (egg-gas). That was really stupid.

oops. Hit 'quote' when I meant to hit 'edit'. Darn.
See the next post.

[Edited by pendell on 03-21-2001 at 22:31]

Originally posted by Wedge009
Sounds like the comp teachers at my high school. Good thing I didn't do comp for the HSC...

CALLING ALL PROSPECTIVE PROGRAMMERS!

BE WARNED! My experience is that the stuff taught
in high school and the first year or so of college
is absolutely worthless when you get into the real
world. Better to buy books at Borders or your local
book store and teach yourself.

ALSO! There is lots of free stuff out there. You can,
for example, download the complete Java compiler from
java.sun.com, together with tutorials and reference
guides. It's an easy way to get into the swing of things.
I know; I had to teach myself Java just this way for
my last job. Also, there is a free C++ compiler at
GNU (www.fsf.org, isn't it?)

Experience: 4+ years as software engineer, CACI,
building computer simulations.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

[Edited by pendell on 03-21-2001 at 22:30]

Originally posted by $tormin
*looks at thread*
*reads thread title*
did i take a wrong turn?
Naw. The topic's just drifted. Have to go wayyy back
in the thread if you want to get back to the "should
we include Confed version of Krakens in a task force or
not?" which is where the previous thread broke off.
Currently, its been divided between those who want them (me,
some others) and those who want them excluded for game
design reasons. Supdon swore to get a job as a game
programmer at origin, and that's how we got here from
there.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Do you regret it? It is a quite interesting theme (I think so)... but okay the chemistry excursion of mine wasn't necessary.
And thanks for the adresses! I know where I'll spend some time on downloads (I want to make a CD of programmer handbooks and still need some downloads to fill the 700MB!).
:)

Back