I can draw a Kilrathi!

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Well...I sorta can. :) I've been practicing drawing for a little bit...my first attempts were just plain dismal. So today at work I thought I'd try my hand at a Kilrathi. I pulled up the online version of Claw Marks for a quick reference to some of the originals and came up with these: I've been kicking around an idea of trying to actually draw the WC comic strip that I wrote for Kenshi (who has absconded thus dooming the WC comic idea). However...drawing a few concept pictures does not qualify me for creating a full blown feature and I'm still struggling with some basics so I guess for now...that project will have to wait a while.

Attachments

• kilrathiface.jpg
    kilrathiface.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Rajhak.jpg
    Rajhak.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 120
I also tried my hand at some of the WC characters...not quite as good at drawing the humans yet. :) This is supposed to be Hunter.

Attachments

• hunter.jpg
    hunter.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 117
Hey, that's great! Especially the third one. It *does* look like hunter. The kilrathi ones are quite good a well. I used to draw a lot of wc stuff myself ,and was frankly quite good at it... but it's been years since the last time. Except for that carrot fan art, of course. :)

Thanks...I think Hunter looks a little squashed because I don't have a scanner at home and I'm too cheap to buy one so I just got my digital camera out, turned on the flash and took pictures of these drawings in the notebook. When I did Hunter's I took the picture at an angle so it looks kinda squashed. :) Anyway, I'll be doing some more just for practice's sake...who knows what might come of it.

Hey, that looks great! Hunters really good! Keep practicing and you'll make that comic in no time :D I only draw a kilrathi once in one of my notebooks, probably in my literatur book. Those lessons were boreing, so i draw. I made lots of spaceships though, but those turned out bad too... I can't really draw freehand :(

All of those were freehand but I did look at the WC 1 Claw Marks for some good reference. MY problem is drawing bodies (or more specifically bodies in motion) if all I had to do were draw heads then I think I'd be alright. :) I'll keep practicing but like I said for now the project is on hold until I get a lot lot better. After that...who knows? :)

Maj.Striker said:
MY problem is drawing bodies (or more specifically bodies in motion) if all I had to do were draw heads then I think I'd be alright. :)

You could make a cartoon about talking heads. ;)

It'd actually be kind of funny to do a comic in WC1/Prophecy Advance style with a variety of general locations and then the text below the "talking heads." I guess it'd get quite tiring if the whole comic were like that though.

Since I didn't want to start a whole brand new thread just for this I figured I'd just post a quick update. I've tried coloring some of my drawings...and apparently it still needs a lot of work. Anyway, progress is progress I suppose.

kilrathiface.jpg

Ugh, I've decided to give up trying to color since I'm so horrible at it. Heck, I can't even ink the pictures very well. Anyway, I was briefly tossing around the idea of reviving the comic. Unless someone knows how to color or at least ink the pictures better than me I figure no one would want to read it.

caption1.gif

caption2.gif

I am pretty decent at drawing ships such as cap and fighters (human mostly). I started drawing around 5-6 grade and draw once in a blue moon. My specialty is Star Trek however i did start a sketchpad with WC ships cap/fighters both (mostly fighters). If you do want to start a comic strip then i would be more than willing to pull out my pads and show some of what ive made already and draw the space battles if wanted to.

Back