I can draw a Kilrathi!

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Well...I sorta can. :) I've been practicing drawing for a little bit...my first attempts were just plain dismal. So today at work I thought I'd try my hand at a Kilrathi. I pulled up the online version of Claw Marks for a quick reference to some of the originals and came up with these: I've been kicking around an idea of trying to actually draw the WC comic strip that I wrote for Kenshi (who has absconded thus dooming the WC comic idea). However...drawing a few concept pictures does not qualify me for creating a full blown feature and I'm still struggling with some basics so I guess for now...that project will have to wait a while.

Attachments

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
I also tried my hand at some of the WC characters...not quite as good at drawing the humans yet. :) This is supposed to be Hunter.

Attachments

Dyret

Super Carrot!
Hey, that's great! Especially the third one. It *does* look like hunter. The kilrathi ones are quite good a well. I used to draw a lot of wc stuff myself ,and was frankly quite good at it... but it's been years since the last time. Except for that carrot fan art, of course. :)

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Thanks...I think Hunter looks a little squashed because I don't have a scanner at home and I'm too cheap to buy one so I just got my digital camera out, turned on the flash and took pictures of these drawings in the notebook. When I did Hunter's I took the picture at an angle so it looks kinda squashed. :) Anyway, I'll be doing some more just for practice's sake...who knows what might come of it.

lorddarthvik

Spaceman
Hey, that looks great! Hunters really good! Keep practicing and you'll make that comic in no time :D I only draw a kilrathi once in one of my notebooks, probably in my literatur book. Those lessons were boreing, so i draw. I made lots of spaceships though, but those turned out bad too... I can't really draw freehand :(

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
All of those were freehand but I did look at the WC 1 Claw Marks for some good reference. MY problem is drawing bodies (or more specifically bodies in motion) if all I had to do were draw heads then I think I'd be alright. :) I'll keep practicing but like I said for now the project is on hold until I get a lot lot better. After that...who knows? :)

Dyret

Super Carrot!
Maj.Striker said:
MY problem is drawing bodies (or more specifically bodies in motion) if all I had to do were draw heads then I think I'd be alright. :)
You could make a cartoon about talking heads. ;)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
It'd actually be kind of funny to do a comic in WC1/Prophecy Advance style with a variety of general locations and then the text below the "talking heads." I guess it'd get quite tiring if the whole comic were like that though.

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Since I didn't want to start a whole brand new thread just for this I figured I'd just post a quick update. I've tried coloring some of my drawings...and apparently it still needs a lot of work. Anyway, progress is progress I suppose.

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Ugh, I've decided to give up trying to color since I'm so horrible at it. Heck, I can't even ink the pictures very well. Anyway, I was briefly tossing around the idea of reviving the comic. Unless someone knows how to color or at least ink the pictures better than me I figure no one would want to read it.

I am pretty decent at drawing ships such as cap and fighters (human mostly). I started drawing around 5-6 grade and draw once in a blue moon. My specialty is Star Trek however i did start a sketchpad with WC ships cap/fighters both (mostly fighters). If you do want to start a comic strip then i would be more than willing to pull out my pads and show some of what ive made already and draw the space battles if wanted to.