Here`s a new one.

Mad Hatter

Spaceman
What`s the funniest scene you ever saw in a WC game?
For me, I`d have to say, WC3, when Blair comes up behind Maniac and Flint, when they talk about flashy Flash. At the end of the conversation Blair pats Maniac on the shoulder, and when he walks away, Maniac asks Flint if Blair pats her like that too.

I almost laughed my head off in that scene.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
in WCIV when blair maniac vag and cat are talking about the new captain and you chose to say "kid asks too many qeastions" maniac goes like ; "he's right you know?..." and later "drinks? anyone?" blair is about to say something maniac goes"KIDDING!"
biggrin.gif

very cool

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Real WC fans support the WCESCRP

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited October 09, 2000).]

I liked the part when Maniac walked up to the bioconvergance scientist, he seemed to be doing alright until he opened his yap, saying,

"How would you, like to. .(wisper)"

SLAP!

Gotta say, her expression was great.

I guess I`ll have to pick up things myself...
There`s also this scene in WC4, which I`ve mentioned before, where Maniac is talking to the navigator (female) on the Lexington, and he leans on the steering, er... rod?, and the ship suddenly pitches down, throwing everyone off their feet, and then he says something like: "did I do that?", or at least something to that effect. Really funny.

I don't know if it count's, but I liked the part in WC2SO1, where you talk to captured Thrak and he turnes into, er... Paladin was it?, or someone else (don't remember, long time since I've seen it). That was strange and funny
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited October 09, 2000).]

Oh and Mad Hatter it was on the Intrepid. Thats the funniest scene of em all

------------------
Here's to you guy's for doing your job, and for not getting dead (Mac from Speed)

Well, Saturday I found myself chuckling at the Bill Maddox scenes at the Shadow Play Bar on Anhur in Privateer 2.

But, as for the regular games, it has to be Maniac reading a Playboy (or the 2669 equivalent of it), and saying, "You still love me, don't you?" (or something to that effect)
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

My favorite part is the blooper reel of Maniac looking at the playboy. He says "Look at those little staples. If they don't have staples, why bother talking to them?" and also of course his question to the playboy magazine, "You like me dont'cha, I like you." Also another great blooper is when they are watching Flash and Blair talks and leaves, Maniac turns to Flint and says, "Isn't that the guy from Star Wars." Very funny stuff.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

Love that Star Wars line.

Also like the one where Maniac whinges to Maestro, "I'm a great guy - blah - best in Confed - blah - so tell me why is it I can never get the girl?" (Man Rachael must be SO old by now) "I mean, do some guys get all the luck or is it just me?"

Of course in a repeat of his strange ways Maestro responds "It's you" and we're treated to a big spit.

Then there's the part where he drinks the whole bottle after that, falls asleep in the next briefing, and Hawk has to give him a 'wet willy' to wake him up.

Dunno why, but I also enjoyed the scene where Maniac beats Vag in WC4, hums the British anthem (in the 27th century?) and yells out "I've got four Queens!"

Best scene ever....and this is the ONLY reason why I like WCP. It's when there in the breifing room and Commander Drake is going to give Maniac the Black Widows. He's asleep and Hawk gives him a wet willy to wake him up. Maniac: "Umm....Present!"
Man I pissed on myself laughing.

Craze said:
Oh and Mad Hatter it was on the Intrepid. Thats the funniest scene of em all

Dang! I always get mixed up between the two.
Intrepid, Intrepid, Intrepid, Intrepid.....

There, that should stick to mind for a while.
smile.gif

BTW, Hero, Thrak turns into almost everybody in that scene.

Has anyone ever noticed how Paladin, in WC3, always pronounces Kilrathi - Kilraghi? Anyone care to explain why?

How 'bout the scene in WC 1 where you first get to fly with Maniac? That's a great conversation.
biggrin.gif

"Should I use missiles, or the ship's guns?"

"Guns. Save the missiles for the important targets."

(At which point, Maniac wakes up.
smile.gif
)

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Mad Hatter, I asked that one myself once, and I was given the response that it was his accent, but that doesn't sit too well with me...

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Whether or not he`s trying to imitate a Scottish accent, I don`t believe the Scottish pronounce "th" - "gh".
smile.gif

I noticed that Eisen pronounced it quite the same way that Paladin did... and so did a few other people. I think Vagabond and/or Vaquero did... I'm not sure. WC3 is my least favorite WC game right now... (grumble)

In any case, when Tolwyn is talking about the ship that would have "put the fear of God in the Kilrathi", isn't that just another Victory?

------------------

§

***In any case, when Tolwyn is talking about the ship that would have "put the fear of God in the Kilrathi", isn't that just another Victory?***

Wha? Tolwyn was talking about the Vesuvius class. The most advanced carriers Confed had at that time. Why would a Ranger class carrier put the fear of God into anything?
smile.gif

In that cutscene the ship that Tolwyn is looking at is clearly the Vesuvius class. Look at the points at the front and how far they stick out... thats the big girl alright.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

Back