Hello furballs

I think if You hooked up a Nighthawk to a booster rocket and then let it accelerate and dropped off the booster, it would leave no IR trail, it would be virtually undetectable by radar, and painted matte black it would remain unseen... So in reality, You don't NEED E-M systems to provide a great cloak in outer space, it isn't really an issue...

Wouldn't a Nighthawk require additional thrust...or it will...crash?

In addition, if it needed to change course, that may be detected using that Polish thing mentioned before.

They apparently eventually perfect that chameleon technology -- Confed marines in WC sport chameleon uniforms. :)

I love that... Polish Radar ;) Who'd ever think so...

I guess if you want to nitpick about unneccesary things like MANEUVERS or CHANGING COURSE, yes then my approach might be flawed... But come on... *lol*

I saw a documentary on the Discovery Channel about the new Land Warrior system of the US Army and there they said that they will not stop until US troops are invisible ;)

Originally posted by gryphon
I saw a documentary on the Discovery Channel about the new Land Warrior system of the US Army and there they said that they will not stop until US troops are invisible ;)

I think the Chinese have a similar plan. :)

The Nighthawk is actually obsolete as far as stealth technology goes. And who is the idiot who said you don't have to worry about EM in space? If anything, radar would be more effective in space, without atmosphere or too much in the way of line-of-sight problems that we have down on Earth.

I didn't say You need not worry about EM emissions, or EM detection equipment... I simply stated there are more inexpensive weas of cloaking a ship than a complete E-M blackout (E-M meaning vision, radar, IR and so on)... And no name calling?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Originally posted by gryphon
I saw a documentary on the Discovery Channel about the new Land Warrior system of the US Army and there they said that they will not stop until US troops are invisible

I think the Chinese have a similar plan. :)

BUt i think the US is more likely to do it:)

Ehm... not invisible due to EM cloaking, or shrouds...

Invisible courtesy of 7.62mm-in-Your-face-Mr-McDonalds-You'd-better-believe-it's-loaded Kalashnikov Enterprises :)

They wouldnt be invisible then. In fact there would be a rather unsightly mess on the ground and the wall behind them in that particular case.

Im not sure if i like being called Mr.McDonald's. Should WE call them Mr. Kung Pao chicken?

But if they WERE to shoot me, i'd prefer they didnt call me a fast food restaurant chain when they did it.

Interesting topic for a thread... What WOULD You like to be called while shot?!

Personally, I think I'd like to be called Mr. Bundy.

LOAF... this is TOTALLY off thread, but IMO didn't constitute new thread material...

Why do You in the CZ rank system place Major General over LT Gen?!

IRL, Major Gen is 2 stars, LT Gen is 3 stars...

The board follows Terran Confederation Space Forces ranks (except Space Marshal whick is Navy and the obviously different ranks)

The Major General is higher than the Lieutenant General in this ranking system.

Space Forces flag ranks follow:

Brig General (O7)
Lieutenant General (O8)
Major General (O9)
General (O10)

TC

If someone were to shoot me, I'd want them to say "Die you devilishly handsome bastard!" At least that way I'd know why they were REALLY killing me.

Back