Hello everyone

Thank you Naféasonto.

What's the big deal about rank here anyway? I can see myself coming home one day and telling my girlfriend "Oh my gosh! I'm a 1st Lieutenant now on some chat board on the internet!" and she'd be like "What an accomplishment, dork. Maybe the landlord will give us a break on the rent now."

Hehe

=Gemini=

i think they are there just for fun. you can tell your girlfriend is you want but i don't think you really need to. I like the idea. The images are cool.

Starkey:You are freely invited to talk about Futbol with mpanty and me on MSN, there we talk about good games, and good national teams, surely you will find some good national team to talk, and don´t worry we don´t talk about Havelange and CBF.

hehehe you never miss a chance....

Yeah, I better talk to you there, LOAF´s finger is over the ban button, while I am hiding inside my cow suit :eek:

How can I find you and mpanty on MSN? It would be really cool to chat about futebol with foreigners. I hope we will keep our mutual teasing in a civilized level there. :p

Er, at any rate... Ranks are more or less to let you know how well-established a person is in the forum. A person who has higher rank is (usually) more knowledgable about the subject.

Hmm... well Manic I think I would have to disagree. If "well-established" refers to someone who runs his mouth off everytime something comes to his head, then alright, then "well-established" would mean someone we would expect to respond to pretty much everything. But someone with a higher rank "usually" knowing more about Wing Commander? Your case is pretty fallible. Someone on Chris Robert's staff could visit this site and like it enough to sign up and start posting. That person would most likely know more than anyone here by a long shot, and he'd only be a cadet. But in a more practical situation, it's possible for me to know much more about the game than you, or even you to know much more than the people who created this website. Unless it's obvious who knows more, there's no way to really tell. That's why I feel rank is irrelevant, but yea I think I do agree with Millzy. The images do give the boards and post count some flavor.

=Gemini=

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Special people get special ranks. Everybody else is *cake*!
band_table.jpg

Originally posted by =Gemini=
but yea I think I do agree with Millzy. The images do give the boards and post count some flavor.

=Gemini=

why thank you Gemini...

Originally posted by Starkey

How can I find you and mpanty on MSN? It would be really cool to chat about futebol with foreigners. I hope we will keep our mutual teasing in a civilized level there. :p
Eheh I'd be glad to chat with you as well. Especially since I love how Denilson plays :cool: . You can find my MSN or AOL handle in my profile, or just ask Ghost. :)

That's why I feel rank is irrelevant, but yea I think I do agree with Millzy. The images do give the boards and post count some flavor.
And that's exactly why we have them. From the Ranks announcement :

"You rise in rank by posting. This is not to encourage pointless posts, but to acknowledge posters who have contributed a lot to the Chat Zone."

A rank simply shows how much people have contributed to the Chat Zone. It says nothing about the quality of said contribution.

Originally posted by mpanty

Eheh I'd be glad to chat with you as well. Especially since I love how Denilson plays :cool: . You can find my MSN or AOL handle in my profile, or just ask Ghost. :)

My MSN handle is guipoggi#hotmail.
About Denilson, he is great, but you might wonder why he isn´t in the starting lineup. There´s a good reason for it. I will tell you later.

Someone on Chris Robert's staff could visit this site and like it enough to sign up and start posting. That person would most likely know more than anyone here by a long shot, and he'd only be a cadet.

Although I agree that ability it not proportional to rank, I must disagree with this. Oddly enough, there are a few people here that know quite a bit more than many who have worked on the games or books.

Oddly enough, there are a few people here that know quite a bit more than many who have worked on the games or books.

I doubt that. That's quite an illogical comment. If you need me to be more specific, I was referring to members of the crew that worked on the script and/or storyline, not the little boys who had to hold up the sound microphones all day long.

=Gemini=

Back