Hello everyone

Fontaine

Rear Admiral
Hello everybody,

After years of searching, someone I met through Ebay has given me the url to this site and it seems I've finally found a place where other Wing Commander fanatics come together to chat. If it wasn't 4:30 in the morning, I'd be jumping up and down in excitement (you get the idea).

I'll introduce myself briefly. Wing Commander 2 was the first game I ever played on the computer. I believe I was 10 or 11 years old at the time (I am 20 yrs old now). Needless to say over time I grew to enjoy it and I own all of the games and almost all of their respective strat guides. I do have all the novels as well, but I've only purchased them within the last year and I have only had the chance to read the first 4 at this point.

I've literally played Wing Commander's 1 and 2 all the way through about 40 times or more each. This could be explained by saying that Wing Commander was one of the only games I had at the time and I had much free time to play. My fascination with the details of the Wing Commander realm carried beyond the computer game. Beginning in the summer before my 8th grade, I created an RPG which was an immediate hit amongst my group of friends. Over the years I revised and organized it, but still it was successful. It wasn't until my closest Wing Commander friends and I had to prepare for college following my 12th grade, that we decided to call it quits.

Since then I have continued my enjoyment of the Wing Commander universe by writing novels. Last year I officially copyrighted my first story, entitled "Loyalty and Truth". Currently I am approximately 50% complete with my second novel, which will be titled "Beloved Torment". At my current pace, I expect the story to be completed by the end of the summer, and I plan to put in for a copyright a month or two after that.

I'm sure nothing I've done is new to you guys. I've skimmed some of the posts here and it seems a number of you guys have done similar things. And your attention to the random trivia in the game brings comfort to me, since now I know I'm not the only Wing Commander nerd there is, heh heh. I used to know literally just about every tiny piece of trivia, but it's been quite a few months now since I last played a Wing Commander game, and no doubt a few bolts and screws are loose here or there. I was hoping this place would help me tighten them all again.

Finally, I'm also trying to complete the Wing Commander CCG set. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to trade. If anyone is willing, I'll let you know what I need.

Many thanks,
=Gemini=

Welcome. And be sure, even if you think you know anything, you'll learn even more here. :)

Concerning the WC CCG, I am principally willing to trade, the only, "problem" is: I am only missing two cards.
Still, maybe you're the one. Email me at if you want: g.a.g@web.de

Originally posted by =Gemini=
Since then I have continued my enjoyment of the Wing Commander universe by writing novels. Last year I officially copyrighted my first story, entitled "Loyalty and Truth". Currently I am approximately 50% complete with my second novel, which will be titled "Beloved Torment". At my current pace, I expect the story to be completed by the end of the summer, and I plan to put in for a copyright a month or two after that.

Interesting. Yes fan fiction isn't new. Theres even a fan fiction chat forum on this site...

Have you put your stories to the test? I'm sure you could get a lot of useful criticism (in a good way:) ) here. If they're good I'm sure a lot of us here would like to take a look.

Originally posted by =Gemini=
After years of searching, someone I met through Ebay has given me the url to this site and it seems I've finally found a place where other Wing Commander fanatics come together to chat.

Hehe, you should have just put "Wing Commander" into Google. The CIC's right there at the top! :)

Cool

Wow Mr. Reid, I had no idea the person I ran into would turn out to be an administrator here. I guess I'm privileged to meet you.

Mekt, about learning more than I think I know, I'm sure I will. I do have to say that I've read several posts on various topics and it seems as though there are a lot of people making derived and indirect statements on game facts that are only vaguely implied... unless there's some sort of understanding that those are "accepted" facts.

AD, if I'd be glad to let some people read my novels if I feel comfortable enough with them and in the people of this online community. They aren't like the novels that William Forstchen wrote. I've set them a few years after WC: Prophecy but they center on a more civilian/mercenary lifestyle. And also unlike the novels and some of the excepts I've read here, they focus more on the characters than they do on the details of dogfighting. The story I'm working on now will only have 2 or 3 short skirmishes. I'm not sure if that would spark the interest of many in this community.

And concerning the CCG, right now I only have a list of the cards I need. All of my extra rares are at home. In 2 weeks, college will be over and I'll be moving home again. Perhaps it would be best if I emailed you then (but I will, be assured).

Have a good day, everyone,
=Gemini=

He, TC, and Bandit LOAF basically run the show around here... fairly well, I might add(sure there's the occasional squabble between LOAF and the random barnyard animal)-just kidding, of course... And also Hades. I would never forget Hades. All Hail Hades!

[Note: This post was not edited by Cpl. Hades]

You are so gonna get a really bad custom rank next time we change the rank graphics to something amusing for forgetting about me.

That's fine though. You're the crazy south american guy cliche now that Delance appears to be dead. Luckily I find you less annoying! Yay Ghost!

Originally posted by TC
...you should have just put "Wing Commander" into Google. The CIC's right there at the top!
Well, second place, anyway. :) And ahead of secretops.com!

Sorry Hades, my bad... and mister Vancheke(sorry bout the spelling) and I had a run-in some time back that gave me horrible nightmares... my subconsious tends to omit him. :D
on the other hand, a custom pip wouldn't be TOO horrible...*remembers the old days with LeHah's "ugly pug" pip*
umm... never mind master Hades. I do not wish to be punished today. :D

A late greetings?

Greetings, Gemini... and all the other newbies around.

I'm FRAIX, or rather read as 'ARVIN' (it's a runic trick of mine. Spell Arvin in runic and you get something like Fraix.)

I've been playing WC since 1994... started to WC2 and advanced to Priv, a couple of legal warez (legal warez, meaning our govt doesn't give a damn about illegitamite software copies)...

but I manage to purchase real WC products, as in original softwares. WC3, Privateer, Privateer again (at a very cheap price and near mint condition), WC1 (at a far cheaper price with everything intact), WC Armada, Ultimate Sci-Fi Series (including WCP)...
and also something of personal pride: Downloading the whole Secret Ops game, executables and episodes even after the game was made out of public. Point, I didn't download them from anyplace else. Just happpen to found a hidden link in the Secretops.com site.

Saddest lost: Kilrathi Saga. I only have the manual and reference card intact. The rest are around the nth dimension.

I've been in this board for only two years and I've just advanced to 1st lieutenant.

IT's nice to know that the number of WC Fans coming together are increasing at a certain pace.

Perhaps should we make a convention?

Back