Opinions, opinions, opinions... I refuse to throw in my 2 cents.
Ah. I was wondering all the time why people include a fighter in their favourite list which they could not fly (regularly). And the Sorthak sure rocks in the CCG but I only own one.Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Errr, that last post should read "Top 5 Fighters I Haven't Flown"...
When was it retired? Was that during the Secret Missions? I've never played them yet, as my package only had WC 1 Vega Campaign... Still I think it is not as bad as the Hornet...Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I hated the mission in which you had to fight Bhurak "Starkiller" in a Scimitar (Wc1). Her guns were cool tha's true but she was too slow for my taste. And as she ws the only fighter to be retired during a game, I guess the programmers thought too that she was too bad.
And I agree, the Dragon is the most super super-ship. Fast, maneuvrable, heavily armed and incrdible protection.
The Bearcat was close to her (incredibly fast, good armour and shields and good guns) but the positioning of the guns made her virtually useless.
Well apart from our different opinions about the Epee, that's surprisingly close to my list...Originally posted by Raptor
My top ten five, in order of preferance:
1) Excalibur: Good looking, smart, fast and responsive. Heck, if she was a girl I'd marry her.
2) Raptor: Sentimental favorite,becuase it was the first fighter in WC that really blew me away. (So much so that I've been using Raptor as my callsign for the last decade.)
3) Vampire: Fast, very heavily armed and well shielded. A brute of a fighter, but it suits my style of going all out at the enemy.
4) Thunderbolt: big fricking guns that anhiliate anything in the game, nice shields, and a torpedo for giving enemy capships a *really* bad day.
5) Vindicator: Can handle any job that its asked to do, from capship assault to ground attack to interception. Those three torps give it awesome punch against capships, and the tachyons and stormfires are good fighter killers.
Worst Five, in order from best to worst:
1) Shrike. Not enough of a bomber for WC (too few torps and no plasma gun) and not enough of a dogfighter either.
2) Hellcat: classic jack of all trades and master of none. No torps to take capships, not enough firepower to blast through fighters, and not enough speed and gaility to dance with them.
3) Crossbow: Doesn't have turrets like a Broadsword, doesn't have a ton of missiles like the Longbow, and doesn't have the agility or afterburners of the Sabre. A bomber trying to masquerade as a heavy fighter, and failing miserably.
4) Hornet: Weak guns, only a couple of missiles, thin shields and armour.
5) Epee: I'm *really* not surprised Angel pulled Blair from flying an attack mission on this one. The shields are paper thin, and the guns run out of power too fast.