Have you gotten your GBA yet?

Have you gotten your GBA yet?

• Yes, early on.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Yes, shortly after Prophecy Advance was announced.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • No, planning to get one soon.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No, not planning to get one yet or undecided.

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Have you gotten your GBA yet? If not, what can we do to help you along? We may have just a couple short months before WCP GBA.

sorry but i can't justify getting a GBA just for one game... the system is already (the screen is way too small) but it's just not worth it... when i have WC:p already installed and just at one click of a button, i can play it.

But there are lots of great GBA games!

Tetris (GB)
Come on, who doesn't love Tetris? I dare you to not love Tetris.

seaQuest (GB)
All the fun of the classic show, in GameBoy form!

Flintstone Burgertime in Bedrock (GBC)
You got Burgertime in my cheap Flinstones license! No, you got cheap Flinstones license in my Burgertime! Either way you look at it, this has to be the best idea in the history of good ideas.

Wolfenstein 3D (GBA)
A near-perfect port of Wolf3D for the PC.

Commander Keen (GBC)
In 1990 Commander Keen was like Super Mario for people with PCs... and now you can get it for the Nintendo! All new levels and stuff.

Pokemon (GBC)
Pokemon is probably the best modern RPG ever. And it's really really addictive. Even people who don't like Pokemon like the Pokemon game. Available in red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, and crystal

Various Marios (GBA)
They've converted varions Marios to the GBA... and Mario 2 was the best. The best!

Mary Kate & Ashley: Girls Night Out
I don't care what it is, it's the best name for anything ever.

I grabbed a GBA for Tactics Ogre and the two GBC Zelda games. I have yet to beat any of them but I love my GBA!

I picked the GBA up a while ago. I got it for the Zelda GBC games and Sonic Advance...although I have been hearing good things about Mega Man Zero......urgh...video game fund drained by Starfox Adventures.

GBA

I bought one for my 5 year old son. He is really into DragonBall Z
so I bought Goku's Quest or something like that. He doesn't even play with it anymore. I find it kind of fun but I cannot do it for very long as the tiny screen gives me a headache.

My son has his own computer that I built out of spare parts and he would rather play Frogger or Pac-Man 3D.

On a side note I also have a machine just dedicated to Wing Commander and Wing Commander II. Right now it is in a closet because I had to clean out my junk room to make a nursery for my other son. Thank goodness my wife didn't make me get rid of all my stuff. I even have an old analog Thrustmaster Joystick to go with the Wing Commander machine.

I am thinking about painting the case and/or modding it someway
to look like something out of the games. When get further along I
will post some pic of it.

I won't get that thing until they (successfully) port Shining Force 3 to it. Shining Soul isn't enough, and I've already played Prophecy. No GBA for me. *Votes accordingly*

You haven't played multiplayer Prophecy yet. And you haven't played Prophecy single player on a bus, at work or in class. Those screenshots they just released look incredible. And you haven't lived until you've played Advance Wars.

I don't need to play Prophecy multiplayer - I never play multiplayer anyway. I don't want to be distracted on a bus so I get off on the wrong busstop, I have too much to do at work, and I prefer listening to the teacher in class. It makes things a lot easier when the tests show up.
I think I'll live without that, thank you very much. *Fires up Neverwinter Nights*

i bought a GBA last year,

really sad thing is that i havn't bought any games for the dammned thing :eek:, I've meerly been satisfied with lending my mates advance wars, im definatly gonna buy WCP for the GBA, i loved the PC version (looking forward to UE as well :)). The screenshots look amazing, i just want to see some videos of it in action :D

<wets myself in excitement>

Looks like a mini WC re-birth, with WCP for the game boy advance and UE coming out next month (?). Finnally some new WC games to get through

I got my Gameboy Advance a long time ago and it was my best friend when my PC had an accident :D

I've got various games, but the shining point of the collection is definitely gonna be WCP when I get it :)

Anyone here feel like joining me for an all-night store campout on the day of its release :rolleyes:

Ill buy GBA only for Prophecy,cause I got to have that version too.

Anyway as LOAF said GBA has great games already ,so its a good thing to have.....:)

It looks like the GameStop price (in store, not online) for preowned GBAs is going down to $44.99. That's cheaper than a lot of new games. It just keeps getting easier and easier to get set up for the next Wing Commander game.

)Beside the price Chris.I think most of us here would buy it anyway for Prophecy,even if they dont think its a good idea right now!! (or... am I wrong?????:confused: )

I got mine 'cause I ended up with $125 in free money. I bought Pokemon Silver (weeee!).

Can't wait for Prophecy GBA. It's been awhile since a new WC game has been released. Those screenshots are amazing too! Can't wait!

I am a little of topic with this .....but can someone tell me if GBA takes GBC games ??

What about the olg GB games ?

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I am a little of topic with this .....but can someone tell me if GBA takes GBC games ??

What about the olg GB games ?

Yup, GBA plays all the old GB and GBC games!

Speaking of GBA stuff, I picked up one of those new card readers on Saturday... it's pretty cool! You stick it on top of the GBA and you scan trading cards with 8-bit Nintendo games on them... (I said *cool*, not useful...).

Its best use seems to be for Pokemon stuff, though. All the new Pokemon CCG cards have strips of data that can read in their Pokedex information and when put together you can play a bunch of little Pokemon mini-games.

Back