Have you gotten your GBA yet?

Have you gotten your GBA yet?

• Yes, early on.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Yes, shortly after Prophecy Advance was announced.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • No, planning to get one soon.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No, not planning to get one yet or undecided.

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
Look at that..........!!!!

Well I have now a new motive to buy GBA. I got over 40 GB games and I havent played them for 6 years

THanx Loaf

Originally posted by ChrisReid
If not, what can we do to help you along?
A little more money? ;)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
And it's really really addictive. Even people who don't like Pokemon like the Pokemon game.
Insanely addictive. I despise the show and its marketing (has died down mostly, now), but the game itself is fun, and the music annoyingly catchy.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Various Marios (GBA)
They've converted varions Marios to the GBA... and Mario 2 was the best. The best!
Super Mario Bros 2? I still don't like it that much. And it wasn't even an original game, just some Japanese game with sprites of Mario characters stuck in.

Originally posted by Wedge009
A little more money? ;)

Like I said, the price for preowned ones is down to $44.99. We're all gonna spend way more than that upgrading our computers for the next WC game on computer.

Speaking of the e-readers, next month you're going to be able to start buying animal crossing cards to import new and unique items into GameCube Animal Crossing.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
I've not heard anything on the release date of Prophecy GBA... anyone know?

The most reliable information we have says November/December.

Alright I don't have a GBA and don't plan to. I am diehard WC fan but I'm not going to spend some 120 (sys and game) jsut to play an already awesome game on a 3 inch screen. There's no comparison to hooking my computer up to my 32 incher and to my surround system with a JOYSTICK (no crappy d-pad) and blasting the crap out of the Nephilim.

I can see 50 bucks for an XBOX PS2 or GC game but for a freakin 2 inch cartridge. HECK No.....Your getting ripped off

We're all gonna spend way more than that upgrading our computers for the next WC game on computer.

Not me....Just got a kick @$$ $3200 computer. Still a better investment than a crappy GBA for 70 or 80 dollars

Except that I invested in the GBA early, so I could do things that my PC couldn't - like play it on a bus, on a train... places that I couldn't lug my game rig onto. :D A GBA Prophecy is not only a way to expose people to WC again (heck, there are probably more GBA consoles sold than there are copies of Prophecy sold), but also a way to keep WC handy for when you get the urge while away from a convenient wall outlet. Even if a notebook can play WCP these days, the choice between being able to play a possibly multiplayer WCP for more than four to five hours in total is a nice idea.

Not me....Just got a kick @$$ $3200 computer. Still a better investment than a crappy GBA for 70 or 80 dollars

With very, very few exceptions neither a computer or a console is *ever* an *investment*. :)

Alright I don't have a GBA and don't plan to. I am diehard WC fan but I'm not going to spend some 120 (sys and game) jsut to play an already awesome game on a 3 inch screen.

GBA's cost $45... and Prophecy is $30...

Of course, if you're a die-hard fan who wants to play it on a huge screen, you can just get a TV-out mod for your GameBoy. :)

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Alright I don't have a GBA and don't plan to. I am diehard WC fan but I'm not going to spend some 120 (sys and game) jsut to play an already awesome game on a 3 inch screen. There's no comparison to hooking my computer up to my 32 incher and to my surround system with a JOYSTICK (no crappy d-pad) and blasting the crap out of the Nephilim.
I can see 50 bucks for an XBOX PS2 or GC game but for a freakin 2 inch cartridge. HECK No.....Your getting ripped off

If you paid $3200 for any home computer nowdays, you're the one that got ripped off. That's aside from the fact that's it's just silly to generalize game prices based on the size of a CD compared to the size of a cartridge. And yeah, XBox games are $50. No GBA games are. The MSRP of Prophecy is only $30. And you're buying fun, not different shaped pieces of plastic. I'd buy any form of any Wing Commander game over almost all of the $50 console games out there. As you already said, Prophecy is an amazing game and the ability to take it anywhere anytime (plus get new multiplayer features and so on) is more than worth the $75 total (for both game and system). And if you're so inclined or like me at all, when you're not on the go, you'll have the additional option to play it on a big screen tv as well. Prophecy on GBA isn't meant to be compared to Prophecy on a big screen tv with a surround sound system. Obviously such a product already exists... but for the several thousand dollars you apparently paid. If Prophecy is worth all that, what is $75 to take it on the road and play with other people?

If you paid $3200 for a PC, you'd do best to use whatever monitor it came with -- games will look a lot nicer than on a TV...

I don't know about those 19" LCDs, they don't scale well.

Even if that $3,200 was Canadian it'd still be insanely expensive.

Naw, I don't think I am gonna buy a GBA

As much as I want to play Wing Commander Prophecy everywhere... I am a college student and am not gonna put forth all the more money for a new Game Boy. :(

So am I. So are a lot of us. As has come up many times in this thread, the going rate for a great condition preowned GBA is less than $50. Less than the price of one average new game for consoles or computer. Go to the grocery store instead of eating the overpriced dorm food for two weeks and you've saved enough money for a GBA.

Hehe. That's funny how college students universally complain about the cost of {product x} while they spend more a week on cigarettes and alcohol.

Originally posted by KrisV
Hehe. That's funny how college students universally complain about the cost of {product x} while they spend more a week on cigarettes and alcohol.

If only more people shared your wisdom, Kris.

Back