Hardest Mission

Originally posted by RFBurns
Did anyone ever find that rumored hollow asteroid where the Kilrathi keep weapons? I still cant find that sucker! Been all over the place in the Kilrathi sectors, no luck. :)

Been to every system in Gemini -- I think they're talking
about the Derelict space station. I certainly never
found a munitions dump.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

"Hey .. give me a phone call when ya get ta hell!"
-- Hostile Confed, Privateer/RF.

In the game Privateer and RF, how long did anyone here play it to increase their net worth? I played it till my net worth was 3,456,283.00! That was in RF. I got up to 1,258,438 after finishing Privateer, but found out with all the new equipment in RF, I needed more money!! Back to work!

RFBurns

"You've got quite a record pal but it ends here!" [Confed/Insys, Privateer/RF]

I try to get more Cash before starting RF, I asked that question in here (about the kilrathi asteroid) but they said that its just a rumor.

Presently, the hardest mission for me is the one in Secret Ops in which Casey and company must save the Shy Meadows, and if possible, the Cheryl's Song and Kyoto Rose. The bugs usually manage to destroy them all before I can get there.

As for Hardest to survive, I say it is the last mission in WC3 on one of the harder settings b/c throughout the trench run you always have 2 ships on your tail firing.

If you want to complete the mission "properly," stay inside the trench and follow it. Do not fly outside, or an endless wave of two Ekapshi fighters will be after you!

The cloaking device is supposed to be useless at that point, but it seems that an oversight on the part of the developers makes it possible to use it again.

If you mean the afterburners, no, I never do. I just fly at maximum regular speed inside the trench towards the fault. I save the afterburner fuel so that the ship can escape from Kilrah, even though that is done in a movie clip. It's just something that I like to do. :)

He was refering to the Shy Meadows mission... The Black Wasp in which you fly carries a booster rocket that can greatly increase your speed for few seconds.

I found that mission "HARD" if you play it at rookie mode since you will need your wingmans help to win it, and the rookie mode lowers the wingmans AI, you also need to use the map to see what ships are attacking the transports, its not easy, but its possible. just remenber to use diferent wingmans to go after diferents Bugs ships.

No, that is true, my first time on SO I used Rookie, but if you put that mission on a higher level it because somewhat easier, The AI of the wingmans really suck at rookie and those bugs became (I dont know why) smatter since they attack those transports in a very efective way.

OK, let me see if I understand what you're saying... That mission is easier for you on higher difficulty levels?:) Must be that all those missiles and gun shots from pissed of Mantas and Devil Rays motivate you to fly better...:)

Look, what I am saying is (sorry if I get something wrong in this mission, I played some time ago) Those transports are going to be destroyed if you dont send your wingmans againt DIFERENT TARGETS, those stingray clusters are going for the transports if you play at rookie the stingray clusters are not going to fight you, they ALWAYS try to destroy those transports, They engage you at higher dificulty, so you have to destroy ALL of then in the nick of time and you never are able to do that because you have those skates firing torps at the same time, your wingmans are always going after those mantas that dont have Torps, and they are even slower to destroy those ships at rookie that at higher dificulty.
I was never able to save ALL the transports at Rookie but I can made it in normal.

Perhaps you didn't see all of my sarcasm, Dragon.:)
Originally posted by Dragon
Those transports are going to be destroyed if you dont send your wingmans againt DIFERENT TARGETS,
Not really... basicly what you have to do is kill the Red Mantas and break up Stingray clusters as fast as possible, but my wingman never helped me much with that. And to suceed you'll also have to destroy few of the torps launched at the 'sports.

those stingray clusters are going for the transports if you play at rookie the stingray clusters are not going to fight you, they ALWAYS try to destroy those transports, They engage you at higher dificulty
The difficulty at which you're playing doesn't have anything to do with what ships will attack you... it's just that at the higher levels more enemy ships will be able to chase after you (the highest number of enemy ships on your tail is 3 at the Nightmare difficulty)

I was never able to save ALL the transports at Rookie but I can made it in normal.
Well, I can do it on Nightmare, but if I didn't have my pride I'll be doing it at Rookie all the time.:)

I never (and never will) ever try to play it at nightmare (it sould be a nightmare for me).
Now if I was flying a Dragon on that mission.......

***Now if I was flying a Dragon on that mission.......***

Than you wouldn't have a booster, and the transports would be dead before you got there at your 1,200kps afterburners.:)

Possible, but I somehow doubt it.

Hey, why don't you try it yourself? Just use WCPEdit to swap the Black Wasp with some other ship that has 1200 AB, and see how you go.

Sorry about my confusion, there, Napoleon, and thanks, Earthworm, for clearing that up. Indeed, I do use the Wasp's booster, but whenever I play, the bugs destroy one or two of the transports before my Wasp's booster pack is expended. I am playing on "Hero" difficulty, I believe. If that's not what it's called, it's the difficulty level that is more difficult than "Ace," but less than "Nightmare." Based on the Secret Ops registration form, I was placed on "Hero" difficulty by default.

That Shy Meadows mission sucks. Unfortunately for me, my savegames were stuffed up when I played around with WCPEdit and WCPAmmo (to get 100% or as much as possible on all missions, OK?). So whenever I play that mission, Kyoto Rose karks it upon launch, and the other two follow shortly. Luyten station also buys it upon entering the area, for the same reason, I suspect. :(

Originally posted by pendell
As the second hardest mission, I nominate the last mission in Privateer, where you dogfight the drone.

I agree, I just played Privateer again, and you would not believe the problems I had. Assembled an "entire fleet"? Hah!

First go at the mission, the two Paradigms were running into each other, and then ploughed straight into me!

Second go, I managed to defeat the Steltek drone, but get this... when I autopiloted back to the jump point (battles get carried away y'know), my ship smashed straight into the two Paradigms. Again! Noooooooooooooo!

Fortunately, the third time I completed it, no problems. Phew!

Back