HALO Fans!

Yes, but even so I'm still kind of dissapointed that the X-Box never really came out with anything else as cool as Halo. I'm just sick of all the people who love the xbox and say they hate all the other consoles because they "suck" or something. Then you ask that person to name a good game for xbox besides Halo...and they can't do it! Hehehhehehe, fricken' morons...

Anyway, my fav, multiplayer weapon combo would be the sniper rifle or pistol and a shotgun. On the missions it just depends what I'm fighting, I loooove taking out those huge hunter guys with one shot from the pistol! Makes me feel kind of manly...:p

A great game we play at my frat besides halo (which is the #1 xbox game we play) is fusion frenzy. You partake in some of the green and it's probably the funniest game to play. Gets just as crazy as Halo without the shooting..

I'm sorry I threw the pistol away then...

BTW, you guys have any luck keeping the marines alive inside the Cruiser?? They die really fast.

Overmortal, I know little about Halo's backstory, but a Covenant might have one main homeworld... Maybe the critters hail from the same planet, or they chose one of the worlds as a capital (like Brussels for the EU), or the race that conquered the others is based on that place... who knows.

The guys at bungie must be ALIENS fans, just listen the marine dialouge lol. One of my favorite ones is after meet back up with the marines on the surface after the flood is released. When you are fighting the infection and combat forms one of the marines says something like "Hey that one looks like Fred!!" For some reason that cracks me up.

Keeping the marines alive in the harder difficulties gets pretty nigh-impossible, since the Covenant hurt them just as fast as they can hurt you and they can't take the damage. You can't simily charge them like Arnold in Commando and waste them, you have to pick your tactics and fights carefully.

By the way if you want a Flood buddy, blow the arms of a combat form and he will follow you around lol.

So I guess Halo 2 got pushed back to November. Meh. Halo's a fun game but I can't stand Halo fans. Those fellas I played online with didn't even give me a chance. Didn't last three seconds. Meh.

Hey, does this count as a 'dead' thread? :)
If there are any Halo fans out there who haven't heard about the "ilovebees.com" conspiracy theory, you should definitely check it out. The whole totally-immersive, faux-reality thing is far from a new concept (heck, Andy Kaufman even took a shot at it...), but the ilovebees thing seems to go pretty deep--Gamespot.com did an article on it a few days ago, from an "outside" perspective (as in they're not perpetuating it). Of course, Bungie denies that they have any connection with any of it... :cool:

Dundradal said:
If you listen closely while you are running around at the start of the game you can here some of the marines yell "Hey, look it's a Mark V!" which is a props towards the Mjolnir Mark IV cyborg of which 10 were placed on the Marathon on its time of departure....

You can also interpret that remark as the marines are refering to the Master Chief's armor, which, in Halo 1 is the MJOLNIR Mark V.

Also, the Marathon symbol is not only on Captain Keyes uniform, but on the sides of the Pilliar of Autumn. I noticed that in The Maw and I thought it was supposed to be 343 Guilty Spark, as I didn't play my Marathon 2 game often.

Notice also that the cruisers the UNSC uses in the Fall of Reach were Marathon Class Cruisers.

I liked the Fall of Reach alot. Read it a half dozen times or so, as I based a story on it, which can be found on Fanfiction.net called Halo: The Battle of Earth and my pen name is Admiral Neo.

I also have a fanfic based after the other two novels.

Halo: The Reclaimer is about the first Reclaimer sent to Halo with 343 Guilty Spark.

Halo: First Strike: An Alternate View is based after Halo: First Strike and tells the story of a Human marine turned Flood Combat, who retained most of his control on his body like Pvt. Jenkins in Halo: The Flood.

All of these fanfics are incomplete as I'm either to lazy or have writers block. I'll probably continue them when I go back to school.

I also have a StarCraft story up there if anyone's interested.

Anyway, may favorite weapons are the MA5B Assualt Rifle, M6D Pistol, and SRS99C- S2 AM Sniper Rifle. I spent some time on their and I can use all the weapons effectively, though I prefer to be a sniper. I really suck with vehicles though, I consider them to be dishonorable. But my favorite vehicle, when I must use it is the Covenant Banshee.

My favorite map is, hands down, Blood Gulch.

My favorite armor color is Blue, and online play PWNS!!

Shipgate said:
So I guess Halo 2 got pushed back to November. Meh. Halo's a fun game but I can't stand Halo fans. Those fellas I played online with didn't even give me a chance. Didn't last three seconds. Meh.

Halo 2 wasn't "pushed back." The official date is November 9, same as it was back in May.

I really do have to play Halo one of these days, I keep pushing it off to the side. I went the opposite route and got a Gamecube and the equally impressive Metroid Prime since there's too much classic console gaming nostalgia that pumps through my veins.

Anyway, you Halo nuts should check out www.nightmarearmor.com , some truly awesome work being done by these guys.

[austinpowers] Holy Moley! [/austinpowers]
That's some really great stuff.
*Warning: you may make stuff as kick-ass as the dudes on nightmarearmor.com if you have a resin-casting kit and don't play WC enough*

HALO HALO HALO.

The X-Box version works better than the PC, especially with its co-op mode.

I wonder, can one play with the X-BOx and the PC together? You know... using a LAN cable...

Spien said:
I really do have to play Halo one of these days, I keep pushing it off to the side. I went the opposite route and got a Gamecube and the equally impressive Metroid Prime since there's too much classic console gaming nostalgia that pumps through my veins.

Anyway, you Halo nuts should check out www.nightmarearmor.com , some truly awesome work being done by these guys.

In the words of Simmons from Red VS Blue

"Thats...awesome, sir!"

Halo is good - but I don't understand the hype behind it. I can make a list longer than my arm of games I've played that were better than Halo.

I think the thing with Halo is that it's a very fluid mix of good story, great graphics (especially for the time), intuitive gameplay, and the fact that there's a small handful of extremely fun tricks that you can do again and again throughout the game and it just never gets old.

Plus, do those other games have little grunts running around screaming "He got Elite! Run! AAAIIIEEEEEE"?

I perfer my FPS games to involve running away from Jack Torrance, thank you very much.

I tried Halo and didn't really find it very engaging. I hated driving the stupid truck thing.

Still, if Chris loves it there's probably something there. I don't think I have the patience to figure out what, though.

I liked Halo but some of the levels are terrible, especially 'The Library'. That one was just the same thing over and over again, it got very boring. Halo Co-op is fantastic though

It was definitely primarily a graphics showcase for the Xbox; initially it seemed like a rip-off of Half Life to me (ooh! Look! You're running around for 10 minutes without a weapon! So hair-raising!), but I felt the actual gameplay was very well balanced and fun. I did find it to be severely repetitive in several places, though, especially around the middle of the game when you're running through silver corridor after silver corridor, circular silver room after circular silver room. It almost feels like a futuristic Rainbow Six on the hardest difficulty, though, as you take alot more damage and the enemies are more numerous.

Bandit LOAF said:
I hated driving the stupid truck thing.

Be happy you didn't try driving the hovercraft then. Both take a while to learn but that hovercraft was just plain wonky.

Co-Op is how I beat the game. That last level is a pain in my ass.

I loved how they made the last level like a playable cinematic, where you've gotta drive th---(brain screeches to a halt at point of revealing spoilers)...Anyways, I thought that it was at least a neat bit of design. The part where you've gotta destroy the 3 reactors was a pain in the booty, though.

Back