HALO Fans!

You want cinematic gameplay? Try Wing Commander. Or Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King. Or 007: Everything Or Nothing.

Halo is about as cinematic as a sandbarrier.

TheFraix said:
I wonder, can one play with the X-BOx and the PC together? You know... using a LAN cable...

Nope, no XBox games are compatible with PC counterparts. There are very few games that can do that (on the Dreamcast and PS2).

Bandit LOAF said:
I tried Halo and didn't really find it very engaging. I hated driving the stupid truck thing. Still, if Chris loves it there's probably something there. I don't think I have the patience to figure out what, though.

There's some high points and low points in the single player campaign. The multiplayer is pretty good though, and the XBox makes for really easy 16 player lan battles.

ChrisReid said:
Nope, no XBox games are compatible with PC counterparts. There are very few games that can do that (on the Dreamcast and PS2).
I always had difficulty with the way that turned out--I mean, I understand that consoles and PCs function very differently, and interfacing between them would usually turn out to be more trouble than it was worth....But I distinctly remember Microsoft hyping the Xbox as very nearly a PC-console (indeed, the architecture is very similar), and stating that games that existed on both Xbox and PC would be able to freely interface for multiplay. (namely, Halo...)

I agree with HALO being great on Co-Op especially on the hard difficulties, team mode is great. I find the single player campaign repetative, the library and the missions where you have to do the control room mission basiclly backwards to destroy the pulse generators.

Hopefully the second one will be even better lol, they have more source material for the people in the game..like Sgt Johnson and even spartan 117...I hope there are are more spartans too.

Anybody wnat to throw money down on a heavy weapon lol, how many FPS shooters avoid throwing mini guns in the sequals lol, it is just like two weapons.

Id like to see another game do a chaingun like in Duke Nukem 3D.

LeHah said:
Id like to see another game do a chaingun like in Duke Nukem 3D.

That one was extremely cool.
And who can forget the microwave expander, or the devastator.

Chris Blair said:
You can also interpret that remark as the marines are refering to the Master Chief's armor, which, in Halo 1 is the MJOLNIR Mark V.

Also, the Marathon symbol is not only on Captain Keyes uniform, but on the sides of the Pilliar of Autumn. I noticed that in The Maw and I thought it was supposed to be 343 Guilty Spark, as I didn't play my Marathon 2 game often.

Notice also that the cruisers the UNSC uses in the Fall of Reach were Marathon Class Cruisers.

I just meant it as a kudos to the Marathon Triology...those guys at Bungie are a strange and great bunch

Back