Hakaga?

Y'know the Midway had six bays with which to launch fighters.
The Hakaga probably would be capable of launching six fighters at a time. Course the amount of power needed to operate the catapaults simultaneously might put a drain on the ships powerplant. In an emergancy situation six fighters could be launched but at the expense of draining power from the shields, guns, and/or engines, etc., etc., etc. I'm not sure how it would work out. I can't really see a reason why a ship would have to launch six fighters at a time anyway.

according to the notes I took while reading have 6 hangars 3fwd 3 aft with 2 high on the carrier and the other 4 hung low and the fighters are able to be moved from any one to anyone via internal bays

Description of the forward bays: "Three launch decks, one on either side and one topside opened into the vast interior of the ship, which was mostly comprised of the huge hangar bays, workshops, and armament storage areas needed for the fighters."

Description of the aft bays: "Just aft of amidship three more launch bays were mounted pointing aft, in the same configuration as the forward half of the ship."

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
(...) I can't really see a reason why a ship would have to launch six fighters at a time anyway.

To get as much fighters out as quickly as possible in case of an emergency. ;)

That is true. Damn, I know I've heard enough of either a WC/CAG/Chief Tech tellin' me that I'd have fighters up in a second, only to take on half a fleet by myself for half an hour.

I'm going to post some screenshots of it at Standoff's website in a couple of days, when I finish importing it into the SO engine... I still gotta skim through End Run again to make sure I'm not leaving any turrets out.

BTW, has anyone taken notes of this so that I don't have to search the novel all over again? I could be missing some, but from my notes, the Tarawa's only mentioned weapons are 2 mass driver turrets and a heavy quad-barreled neutron turret on the bow, at least one particle cannon turret in the stern (probably two, though, one near each engine), plus two beam weapons and "several" missile racks along the bottom of the ship.

--Eder

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...

How many times does a carrier have those kinds of emergencies though?
I'll leave to LOAF to answer this question with sarcasm... :)
Seriously though, think about this: it's wartime... ever heard of scramble missions?

Originally posted by mpanty

I'll leave to LOAF to answer this question with sarcasm... :)
Seriously though, think about this: it's wartime... ever heard of scramble missions?

OK, OK, OK, I've heard enough of your sarcasm I don't need LOAF's. I will concede, point taken.:p

Back