Hakaga?

Lynx

Spaceman
In the Battle of Earth the Kilrathi used Hakaga carriers, but I do not own the novel where they are mentioned.
How do they look?
Does anyone has a pic of one of them form book covers etc. ?Where they powerful warships? What armament did they have?:confused:

Someone else may have a picture to send you. But you can view a small pic of the cover for Fleet Action at the CIC: https://www.wcnews.com/back.shtml

Here are stats that LOAF has previously posted–

Hakaga:

Class: Heavy Carrier
Length: 1,580 meters
Mass: 250,000 tonnes
Max Velocity: 100 kps (est)
Cruise Velocity: 50 kps (est)
Acceleration: Poor
Max Y/P/R: 1/1/1 dps
Guns-
(32) Quad Mass Driver Turrets
(16) Neutron Batteries
(16) Laser Batteries
Missiles-
(6) Gating Anti-Torpedo Launch Tubes
Fore Shield: Phase Shield (New Version)
Aft Shield: Phase Shield (New Version)
Fore Armor: 1,500 cm
Aft Armor: 1,500 cm
Side Armor: 1,500 cm
Jump Capable: Yes
Fighters: 288 in 6 bays
Number Built: 12
Ships-
KIS Craxtha (Crippled)
KIS Hagku'ka (Destroyed)
KIS Hakaga (Destroyed)
KIS Ha'Tukag (Destroyed)
KIS Tarvakh (Crippled)
+ 7 more Hakaga class carriers were close to completion at the close of the Kilrathi War.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's something I always wanted to ask but at the same time always forgot:

The KIS Ha'tukag: Are we sure it's Hakaga class? Because I seem to remember that in the introduction in FA Thrakhath mentions that the reactor of the Ha'Tukag is leaking very heavily and has to undergo complete reparation and he said that before he reveals the plans of the Hakaga carriers to the other clans. Thus I always understood it that the Ha'Tukahg is a standard carrier. And additionally, it'd seem odd that a newly constructed ship with newest tech has a leaking reactor.

Any ideas?

Well I've just recently finished Fleet Action and I was taking notes on the Hakaga and any other vessel for that matter. I'l recheck later but my notes show the hakaga as 500,000 tons

What did happen to the remaining Hakagas, anyway? Did any of them reach the frontlines after the BOT, when Confed was on the back foot? And what happened to them after the treaty of Torgo? Did they all get scrapped, or did some of them end up in the hands of warlords?

Best, Raptor

Treaty or no treaty, I doubt the Kilrathi would dismantle carriers that amazing, so I'd guess they're in warlords hands, but I suppose Confed might have pressed for those to get taken apart post-haste.

Originally posted by Skyfire
Treaty or no treaty, I doubt the Kilrathi would dismantle carriers that amazing, so I'd guess they're in warlords hands, but I suppose Confed might have pressed for those to get taken apart post-haste.

Erm, they didn't exactly have a *choice* with regards to dismantling their fleet.

"Yeah, but you humans don't understand, some of our weapons are really *good*, we shouldn't take those ones apart..."

Knowing Kilrathi, I still think they "forgot" to dismantle all of Hakagas. It seems they always have an ace up their sleeves.
And what about that fleet from the beginning of WCP, the one that was destroyed in Nephilim attack?
They had Fralthi Mk2, and I doubt that it was a civilian version, with guns stripped.
I wouldn't be suprised if they had few fleets stashed somewhere, just in case.

From the sound of this, it seens like maybe the Midway isnt as great as i was lead to beleive... if Kilrathi had something like that early in the war... whadya think would happen if a couple [or maybe just one] Midway-class had been at the battle of earth [or terra, whatever...]?

and also, why would the Cats "forget" to dismantle all of them? its not like they could outgun us anytime soon...

well, yeah, Mantu. those fellers would create a problem, i think it would take more firepower than Confed and the Empire had combined... thats my kinda battle!

well darth, here are some facts: the Hakagas didn't come into service until less than a year before the war.
if the midway class had been there, my estimation would be that it would die. the midway isn't exactly a super class, it doesn't have the best armaments, or number of fighters of confed carriers, the Vesuvii had more of each.

the cats would forget to dismantle them so that they have a military that they can use to kill us after a respite of rebuilding or that they could use to kill other peoples across the galaxy.

Mantu were fought to a standstill twice by the empire, so it wouldnt take both the empire and confed combined

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Erm, they didn't exactly have a *choice* with regards to dismantling their fleet.

"Yeah, but you humans don't understand, some of our weapons are really *good*, we shouldn't take those ones apart..."

My only problem with that, is that Confed can't rightfully assume that the Kilrathi would dismantle ALL (even up to like 80/90%) of their fleet, for fear of both A) The races they subdued revolting, and B) The Mantu's possible return (which the Kilrathi feared, even though they would probably be the agressors), and even C) The chance of this "threat from the galactic core....if you really wanted to, you could add D) Pirates, but that's just always present.

Originally posted by Skyfire
My only problem with that, is that Confed can't rightfully assume that the Kilrathi would dismantle ALL (even up to like 80/90%) of their fleet, for fear of both A) The races they subdued revolting, and B) The Mantu's possible return (which the Kilrathi feared, even though they would probably be the agressors), and even C) The chance of this "threat from the galactic core....if you really wanted to, you could add D) Pirates, but that's just always present.
The Kilrathi were allowed to maintain a standing military for defensive and policing purposes. They were not allowed to maintain superweapons and freaky things like that which could only serve to encourage their really bad behavior.

Confed knows exactly how many Hakagas were in production, though... we had detailed recon data on their production yards. They would be sure to dismantle any of them that still survive.

The Fralthi II belonged to an aggressive Cult of Sivar group -- it wasn't "allowed" by Confed. Consider that thousands of Fralthi II were produced, and it becomes far easier for a rebel faction to get away with one.

Well first off guys the midway is rated at 252 fighters/small craft I believe, the hakaga, despite the overwhelming mass was rated in around 288 if I remember my notes right so they aren't that superior there. Where it counts is that THrakath said that its shields could take mark IV or V anti-matter warheads and in the book it took 4 torpedos from sabres and still had a bow(albeit a smashed one)
Now since we are looking at a vessel from the novels why don't we ignore WC4 the game and go to 'The Price of Freedom' novel where blair goes on board Melek's ship fralthi II I believe, though old and not upgraded with hangar force fields. And then we have False Colors, also after the treaty signing, where we have a Baron with several carrier fleets and the Vorghath dreadnaught makes a show. And though the Vorghath takes a pummeling, it is still repairable in a couple years at drydock. I don't see much of a disarmament

An odd selective reading of facts. Why would Melek's ship be a Fralthi II? Go play WCIV... it's a putzy little transport thing. A putzy little *unarmed* transport thing. Melek even talks (in the novel!) about how hard it is to defend himself since the fleet has been dismantled.

We're also specifically told the Vorghath's history -- including why it wasn't dismantled.

Originally posted by Frosty

The Kilrathi were allowed to maintain a standing military for defensive and policing purposes. They were not allowed to maintain superweapons and freaky things like that which could only serve to encourage their really bad behavior.
[/QUOTE

That's not to say that some of them didn't survive, and are still with the warlords. After all, one of their dreadnaughts escaped in Fleet Action, that's not to say another ship couldn't have done the same. (Whether Confed would have demanded, still-hell maybe even tried to force-the dismantling of this supposed escaped ship, is another story.)

Yeah, but my point was that Confed didn't expect them to dismantle everything. Just large stuff.

That is true, and I suppose, especially after seeing what this could do in Fleet Action, they might have been a top priority. :)

So, what do those Hakagas look like anyway? I've never read Fleet Action, so I have no clue... but isn't that ship on the cover just a Ralari?

(I'm asking because I think it'd be nice to include in my mod a Kilrathi capship that was never in any of the WC games... I've already made a 3D model of the CVE class from End Run - which reminds me, what's the name of that class anyway?)

--Eder

Back