Greetings ....

Dahan said:
the only interesting photos I have in my collection somewhere would be my taekwondo photos...oh hum....nothing as exciting as yours thou...

do you practice ITF or WTF?

i did ITF for a few years - I reached blue-red tip, it was great but my hips really cudnt stand the abuse anymore eheh

cowgirl ACE said:

I figured as such, air junkie, space junkie .... same thing :D

Before it turns into too much of a habit, one of the things we pride ourselves on is not over-embellishing with common loud internet decoration. One of our CZ Rules discourages things like frequent use of colors and font effects, so most of your stuff should go under the board defaults.

do you practice ITF or WTF?

i did ITF for a few years - I reached blue-red tip, it was great but my hips really cudnt stand the abuse anymore eheh

Currently practice and teach WTF ever since I hit Black Belt, me uncle got teaching then, that was about eight years ago, now I hold a 4th Dan Black and current joint head instructor of my uncles club, currently he is back in hong kong running our sister club there.

Dahan : I'd love to see those pics! Taekwondo pictures too, we're all friends here right? I am fascinated with all old military pictures from wars long gone .... irregardless of nationality. Any military in your immediate family?

Maybe I'll post a pic or two of my husband serving in Afghanistan. Although I have to be careful, as not to post anything that would breech sensitivity to his location. It's just nice sometimes to correlate pictures to names.

I will keep that in mind, when I post them up.
I can understand with the pic of your husband, all to deal with the Confidentiality Acts in your country, it would be the same in most countries around the workd.

Any military in the immediate family?
My dad was in the Chinese Army for a couple of years for National Service
My uncle I think was in the Hong Kong Police I think cannot recall may have to call him about it thou

cowgirl ACE,

My regards to you. (Look it up, or find an old salt to tell you what that is if you don't know.)

I'm extremely embarrassed I didn't mention this in my first post to you, but my best wishes for your husband, all the luck in the world, and my thanks to him for his service to our country. And the same to you if you're on active duty.

CYA!:D

Dahan said:
Currently practice and teach WTF ever since I hit Black Belt, me uncle got teaching then, that was about eight years ago, now I hold a 4th Dan Black and current joint head instructor of my uncles club, currently he is back in hong kong running our sister club there.

nice one, sabum ;)

yeh i currently practice Kung Fu - although I havent trained in a while to be honest :s

cowgirl ACE said:
PS, how's the conditions in the brig these days? They treatin' you okay in there?

I live for peeling potatoes.

cowgirl ACE said:
yeah I know, I'm use to addressing rank though ..... no one I know goes by their first name .... it's always Sgt. Spanky-ass or some such nonsense ....

Don't worry, you'll rank me before you know it. ;)

Ridgerunner said:
cowgirl ACE, my best wishes for your husband, all the luck in the world, and my thanks to him for his service to our country. And the same to you if you're on active duty.

Ditto, may he come home safe and sound. Pass on my thanks as well!

yeh i currently practice Kung Fu - although I havent trained in a while to be honest :s

My Uncle taught me some traditional Chinese Kung Fu, not the ones most caucasians teach, he believes that they are all watered down, that and he also taught me some Tai Chi. Something more relaxing....

Don't worry, you'll rank me before you know it.

forever Cadet?? Well I could see why

ChrisReid said:
Before it turns into too much of a habit, one of the things we pride ourselves on is not over-embellishing with common loud internet decoration. One of our CZ Rules discourages things like frequent use of colors and font effects, so most of your stuff should go under the board defaults.

Nice public SMACKDOWN, ever heard of IM? Nice to meet you too. So much for freedom of expression and feminity. Ok, that's cool, you want to run a drab Authoritarian board that's cool. Later.

Don't worry about it, Chris didn't mean it that way. I'm sure he just wanted to let everyone know how he felt about colors and not just you.

It suddenly feels like this in here - see below. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Cowgirl, good to see you in here. Cool your jets, get used to the stares, and get into the wonderful world of Wing Commander fan-atism.

Best regards.

(Uh, oh, yeah: About yours truly - strategic & tech ops for infantry, later admin for aerospace development, now jester in a suit)

Attachments

• lan2.jpg
    lan2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 140
After seeing that picture, I dont feel surprised at all.
It reminds of a futurama episode whent the gang went to virtual zone and I remember a scene where they were all in a chat room with all these "nerds" saying the same line or so -
'where are all the chicks', 'Guy looking for a women' etc etc
and Leela says something like 'I'm not a girl, I'm a woman and all the 'nerds' back away.....
It reminds me so much when I use to go on IRC chat and listen to the same corny lines...

Dahan said:
My Uncle taught me some traditional Chinese Kung Fu, not the ones most caucasians teach, he believes that they are all watered down, that and he also taught me some Tai Chi. Something more relaxing....

forever Cadet?? Well I could see why

yeh my master (Dr. Yang Jwing Ming) isnt caucasian actually (although my instructors are). I practice White Crane and Longfist, and Yang Form TaiJiJuan

criticalmass said:
It suddenly feels like this in here - see below.

Not at all! Its really more like this...

Attachments

• robmonster.jpg
    robmonster.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 136
Sweet nice to hear that
Although I never practice the full art, my uncle taught me only the fundamentals. I concentrated alot in Taekwondo thus leading to competitions which I enjoy
now I teach a combination of taekwondo-tai chi and chinese kung fu self defence to my students a majority of it comes from what my uncle taugh back in Hong Kong, some I don't teach until they are black belts because they are too dangerous

cowgirl ACE said:
Nice public SMACKDOWN, ever heard of IM? Nice to meet you too. So much for freedom of expression and feminity. Ok, that's cool, you want to run a drab Authoritarian board that's cool. Later.

Nothing of the kind. I recall someone saying it was a bandwidth thing. Please hang around a while and get to know folks. They're all pretty cool, even the hardasses. C'mon, whaddya say?:)

Dahan said:
Sweet nice to hear that
Although I never practice the full art, my uncle taught me only the fundamentals. I concentrated alot in Taekwondo thus leading to competitions which I enjoy
now I teach a combination of taekwondo-tai chi and chinese kung fu self defence to my students a majority of it comes from what my uncle taugh back in Hong Kong, some I don't teach until they are black belts because they are too dangerous

well when it gets down to it, even TKD does have some Chinese roots (albeit some through Okinawa) - certainly a fair few of the ITF patterns are very similar in some sequences to Shotokan (especially in upper body movements) - and in turn those patterns have many similarities to Shaolin-type external arts. I suppose part of it was because Tae Kyon, Subak-Do and all the Korean arts were illegal under the japs - General Choi Hong-Hi (R.I.P.) himself was, after all a 2nd Dan in Shotokan.

Some people say though that TKD and Tang Soo Do were the first to really concentrate on 'open hip' kicking techniques and make them their own (something which is now a signature of TKD), unfortunately a signature which stopped me being able to continue practicing eheh :p

I would go into the history about taekwondo and everything but then it would take forvever. Just from reading it and not getting in depth I would agree with the things you mention but I am not really fuss about what came from who and what, as long it is a recognisable practicing form of martial arts this Aussie Born Chinese guy is happy :)

Back