Greetings ....

Welcome aboard, cowgirl ACE!

20 years USMC Avionics, with a side trip as a Drill Instructor for 2 years. I also have about 15 seconds of actual, (obviously unauthorized being lowly enlisted swine) KC-130 combat flight time during Desert Storm. (Pilot didn't do positive flight control changeover. I straightened plane out from going to unrecoverable bank.)

Dahan : I'd love to see those pics! Taekwondo pictures too, we're all friends here right? :) I am fascinated with all old military pictures from wars long gone .... irregardless of nationality. Any military in your immediate family?

Maybe I'll post a pic or two of my husband serving in Afghanistan. Although I have to be careful, as not to post anything that would breech sensitivity to his location. It's just nice sometimes to correlate pictures to names.

I am depressed today as just this morning I found out via e-mail from the husband that he's been delayed over there again, this will be the second time that they've pushed his date ..... I am REALLY bummed out. Alas, tis the life of the military family, we've been through this before.

:(

C-130 rollin down the line .....

Major Ridgerunner :

Wonderful to have an experienced vet welcome me aboard.

Avionics, good for you! :) And surviving 20 years MC, I have upmost respect for you sir. I have never met a Marine I did not like. Maybe because I'm a female and always have gotten upmost respect .... Marines will not balk at opening a door for a woman, I can appreciate that.

And who the hell knows what woulda' happened if you weren't there to grab those controls in that bank?!?!? C-130s ... now that had to have been fun ....

The husband rides in C-130's with his heavy equiptment. It always amazes me, those damn C-130 pilots fly like madmen/women, they fly those things like fighters at low-alt. flight, makes me nervous as hell considering their sheer size. They CANT turn on a dime but those boys and girls MAKE them ..... I have much respect for them .....

~Cowgirl ACE~

Desert landing anyone?

c130dirt.jpg

Theres no need to call people by their "rankings". Those are just there to show how many posts you've made to the CZ.

yeah I know, I'm use to addressing rank though ..... no one I know goes by their first name .... it's always Sgt. Spanky-ass or some such nonsense ....

Well, I can get away with it at the moment, being civilian .... but I know I'm going to eat shit sandwiches for a looooong time after commissioned ..... :)

Yeah, it feels awkward when I meet other fans in real life and they call me Ben instead of LOAF. I always assumed it'd be the other way around.

Bandit LOAF said:
Yeah, it feels awkward when I meet other fans in real life and they call me Ben instead of LOAF. I always assumed it'd be the other way around.

Honestly, had I known that back in 2000, I'd've picked a different moniker for myself. But I didn't think I'd be around this long.

cowgirl ACE said:
Wish I could post some military pics ..... hmmm, I need to dig through my albums .... Anyone here in the miliary? Or aviation?

Im currently in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets Squadron 223 Red LIon training to get my private pilots license, and next year I'll be goin to the Royal Military College of Canada to get my commission as an officer in the CF.

I think you'll find that quite a few people around here have some sort of military and/or aviation experience.

Dahan said:
powell99, do you do much currently in air force?
are you a reservist or full core air force pilot?
I am not sure how the american's categorise with their divisions but it is a little bit different in australia
I'm a private pilot. Once I graduate from High school and then Colledge I might pursue a carrier in military avaition.

As for USAF organisation I don't know what you mean by divisions. We have fighter and bomber groups that are assigned to an Airforce (8th, 15th and so on). For example the 301st FS was part of the 332nd Fighter Group and was part of the 15th AF in Italy. (Im using the example of my Great Uncles fighter squadron).

I don't think the RAF, RAAF, RCAF, and RNZAF use the same sort of order. I know the No. 401 RCAF, was attached to the No.11 Group in the Battle of britian. (The 401 sqn is my unit in WW2OL)

Back